Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2017

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..
    or the first coin, so to speak

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    I know we have a lot of red cards but i for one am glad because half the tools playing for us since Mick O Neill wouldn't kick a traffic cone. Getting everyone to hate us and building that siege mentality Stephen mmmm yes i like it. Missing players because of an international call up if true is a load of me long lad, tell the FAI fliss off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    So if the thinking the pitch would go on fire is irrelevant then the flares in the Aviva were "unacceptable and criminal" as well I guess.
    We all have our problems and I'm happy to accept Rovers have more of them but every team has muppets....
    Yes, obviously. The FAI aren't exactly setting the best example.

All clubs have problems, but Shamrock Rovers have more than most. There's an unwillingness on the part of Shamrock Rovers to address the consistent acts of their fans. There's also an unwillingness of some (many?) Shamrock Rovers fans to address it.
    From flares, to violence, to pitch invasions, we hear how it's 'not that bad', 'only celebrating a goal', 'other clubs are bad too', etc. By downplaying the actions, Shamrock Rovers only encourage it to happen again.

I'm not saying the problem can be solved easily, nor am I saying that the rest of the league are angels, but there's a responsibility on clubs and fans to call out violence, criminality and general scumbaggery when they see it. Shamrock Rovers would save themselves a lot of hassle (and cash) if they got on board with that.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MattB11 View Post
    How much damage was actually done to the pitch?
    Minimum €15k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance kid View Post
    I thought the worst part of the day was being spat at, and having coins thrown at me in the stand by older dundalk fans who should really know better. But i'm sure that was probably just my imagination.
    Spitting on someone is an assault and should have been reported to the Gardai present and the culprit pointed out- its disgusting aside from unacceptable! Coin throwing too though harder to identify the culprit as the distance frm the origins of the missile as opposed to the proximity of spitting being much greater. - id be very surprised by those who sit in the stand behaving in the manner claimed but being on the stand terrace i cannot comment to refute the allegations. It was Rovers fan who was ejected from the stand for his conduct and it was a Rovers fan that climbed the gate to get in to the stand to cause aggro, the attempts to kick down the dividing barrier, the breaking of the sponsorship hoarding and the flaer are much more visable and obvious from available footage and pictures. if there is a case to be answered by Dundalk fans in the stand it is less obvious so obviously the more visual acts get the greater attention rightly or wrongly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    You might be surprised nesta but it is absolutely true, I'm sure if you ask some of the Dundalk fans in the stand they would have seen it and couldn't have been happy, plenty of the Rovers people there particularly those who had brought wives and kids said they will never be back to Oriel .........although that probably won't upset the guys spitting and throwing coins.

That doesn't condone or excuse our muppets I the slightest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    All this outrage at Shams fans is hilarious. Reminds me a bit of that Savage Eye Joe Duffy sketch.
    The reality (which is unpalatable to some) is that a lot of people love it when they roll into town; the extra tension, the big support, the bit of trouble, seeing how the cops fail to handle it and so on.
    People like to say they are offended by it but deep down they want it to happen and would be disappointed if it didn't.

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    One thing about the current Shamrock R team and support that is impressive is how they celebrate getting a result. Yesterday on telly reminded me of the scenes after the 2-1 win down here in Galway a while back. Will Tallaght sell out for the reply?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    do not think it will sell out on a tuesday night, but it could if the club went hell for leather in promoting it, 2 adults for 15 euro, kids 3 euro, fill the place get rockin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Just watched paddy McCourt goal on SR counting the two lads who tried to block the shot on the line he beat 10 of the opposition players on his run into the box and finish.....goal of the season....
    Tallaght should sell out for the replay but I don't think it will. Midweek games regardless always struggle to get crowds...

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance kid View Post
    I thought the worst part of the day was being spat at, and having coins thrown at me in the stand by older dundalk fans who should really know better. But i'm sure that was probably just my imagination.
    You might be surprised nesta but it is absolutely true, I'm sure if you ask some of the Dundalk fans in the stand they would have seen it and couldn't have been happy, plenty of the Rovers people there particularly those who had brought wives and kids said they will never be back to Oriel .........although that probably won't upset the guys spitting and throwing coins.

That doesn't condone or excuse our muppets I the slightest.
    Spitting or throw coins at someone is absolutely out of order any place that it occurs and absolutely no excuses can be made for it. No one should accept it or tolerate it

That said, given where I was sitting and the track record on whataboutery and deflecting among Rovers posters here, I am very sceptical about these claims. I was sitting just behind the main body of Rover fans in the front section of the stand and within 4 seats of the aisle separating the Rovers fans on the side section. While the claimed incident could have happened without me being aware of it, I remain very dubious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    For anyone who wants to get an understanding about how Chris Shields' season was taken to a premature end, Brandon Miele can help clarify

But Hoops goal hero Brandon Miele reckoned the game changed because of a different approach from Rovers after the restart.
    Miele said: “We had to dig in, work really hard and be a bit nasty.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...hields-season/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post

On the match itself remarkable how poor Rovers were in the first half and then completely took over for most of the second - so played 5 against Dun and honours even so far with two wins apiece and a draw - imagine what we'd do if we kept 11 on the park !! Oh I forgot Bradley hasn't a clue what he's at unlike Kenny
    Rovers have got 4 red cards in 5 meetings against Dundalk this season.

Is that bad luck or an unintended consequence of players following the management instructions to be nasty?

At least Bradley has belatedly changed his tune about discipline not being a problem
    And although Stephen Bradley had not had a proper look at the incident, he acknowledged his side’s discipline needed to improve.
    However in the best Rovers tradition he makes an excuse for McAllister
    Bradley said: “I haven’t seen it back, I spoke to Davy, he said he did catch him, he got the ball and caught him.
    https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...hields-season/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Spitting or throw coins at someone is absolutely out of order any place that it occurs and absolutely no excuses can be made for it. No one should accept it or tolerate it

That said, given where I was sitting and the track record on whataboutery and deflecting among Rovers posters here, I am very sceptical about these claims. I was sitting just behind the main body of Rover fans in the front section of the stand and within 4 seats of the aisle separating the Rovers fans on the side section. While the claimed incident could have happened without me being aware of it, I remain very dubious.
    Now there's a surprise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Now there's a surprise.
    I decided on not commenting due to not being in a position to see any events but I do take Ezeikial's work as having not seen the unsavoury claims made. I can only see spitting reaching the Rovers support while in the aisles or on the way to/return from the toilets. From the Dundalk section across would be some feat. Coin throwing is a different matter as I mentioned and may not have even been from the stand but frm the terrace in front of the stand. It hasnt happened before but that means nothing of course. There was a glass thrown via the tunnel from under the stand out toward the pitch a number of seasons back and the Dundalk p*ss artist who did it was nearly lynched by fellow Dundalk support, he was handed over to security so unsavoury stuff can certainly happen and unexpectedly. I would be interested sbgawa to know if where you were to witness these events and if you could have indetified the culprits as with Sundance Kid too. Not to question the claims but genuinely to know if the culprits could have been singled out. FAI officials would have a perfect view over the away support section in the stand and id imagine Rovers officials would bring such incidents to the attention of DFC and FAI people.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 02/10/2017 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    All this outrage at Shams fans is hilarious. Reminds me a bit of that Savage Eye Joe Duffy sketch.
    The reality (which is unpalatable to some) is that a lot of people love it when they roll into town; the extra tension, the big support, the bit of trouble, seeing how the cops fail to handle it and so on.
    People like to say they are offended by it but deep down they want it to happen and would be disappointed if it didn't.
    Dong you are talking s1tte as there is nothing hilarious about crowd trouble issues - all you say about tension, large support, enjoying the occasion are true but claiming that people want trouble to occur is BS. Expeting it yes, but hoping for it??? Speak for yourself!! Id rather be able to enjoy a few pints with opposition fans in places like Kennedys before a match and even after as happens with Drogheda fans and many others. Bitter rivalries can exist without scumbaggery. Lets hope you are never on the receiving end of the thuggery you hope for, but it will change your tune if you are!!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 02/10/2017 at 10:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I decided on not commenting due to not being in a position to see any events but I do take Ezeikial's work as having not seen the unsavoury claims made. I can only see spitting reaching the Rovers support while in the aisles or on the way to/return from the toilets. From the Dundalk section across would be some feat. Coin throwing is a different matter as I mentioned and may not have even been from the stand but frm the terrace in front of the stand. It hasnt happened before but that means nothing of course. There was a glass thrown via the tunnel from under the stand out toward the pitch a number of seasons back and the Dundalk p*ss artist who did it was nearly lynched by fellow Dundalk support, he was handed over to security so unsavoury stuff can certainly happen and unexpectedly. I would be interested sbgawa to know if where you were to witness these events and if you could have indetified the culprits as with Sundance Kid too. Not to question the claims but genuinely to know if the culprits could have been singled out. FAI officials would have a perfect view over the away support section in the stand and id imagine Rovers officials would bring such incidents to the attention of DFC and FAI people.
    I was sitting in the stand and would assume it's been reported but coin throwing is pretty impossible to pin down to individuals. A woman just in front of me was hit in the head , not badly hurt but that's not really the point. What I didn't get was they started throwing them in after dundalk scored..... I could almost understand a few nutters losing the head if we scored but how do you start to ascribe motive or logic to nutters.
    Anyway like I said I assume it will be in the report.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    As well as all the sh!t done by our own Muppets.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    I knew i imagined it, did you notice perhaps that the stewards did nothing until Rovers fans reacted, then couldn't wait to leap into action and face up to the Rovers fans? The internet really is made for people like you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Believe what you want but this happened, I witnessed it first hand (both the spitting & coin throwing)& when my wife was hit by a coin (thankfully no real harm done) & it was brought to the attention of a steward myself & herself were threatened with 'being f**ked out if we dont p*ss off' to quote the response we received. At that stage we asked to be allowed access onto the terrace as that's a level of low behaviour I can do without, especially when bringing my wife to an away game for the first time.
    Whatever about the other incidents I can assure you 100% this happened. I'll not let that go as 'deflection' or mere counter propaganda or suchlike, I suggest to you that people face the facts that some people in that stand supporting Dundalk were an absolute disgrace in terms of their behaviour, and for the record they were far from having youth on their side.
    I know my custom is the least of Dundalk's concerns but I can assure you whatever the game If I ever return to Oriel Park I'll take my chances with the elements & stand on the terrace safe in the knowledge my wife will be back in Dublin as there's not a chance she'll attend an away game again & to be honest I don't blame her.

24. Thanks From:

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast