Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2017 season

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hollocaine View Post
    How? We were losing to professional/mostly professional teams last year. Almost 3 months into this season and our only wins have been against Shelbourne Kids and Athlon€ Town.

This season was our chance to get back up as next year will be even harder with 3 coming down.

We've been pathetic. Mathews cannot motivate the players. Ye won't like this but Cousins would definitely have us higher up the table with this squad. No question. Anyway, his time has passed so let's not go there.

We'll just have to look forward to 16 more games of O'Connor taking 4 touches too many on the ball, McGlade doing step overs and going nowhere, Curran giving out to the rest of the team (as if he's Ronaldo), Kelly with his head in his hands after another f..k up, Cowan getting injured, Skinner having nothing to do and Mathews sounding as arrogant as always in his pre and post match radio interviews.
    I know Mathews isn't popular on here but I've interviewed him several times this season and he's far from arrogant, himself Gary and Kevin are absolute gentlemen and yes I'm aware that's absolutely useless if we aren't getting results but I don't seem to remember cousins been labelled arrogant when he took shots and people in his post match interviews and refused to walk away when it was clear we had no chance of staying up under him. At the end of the day it's cousins and the boards fault we are in the first division at all this year, there's no way we should have been finishing below wexford last season, that's on them. This current squad of players isn't good enough and you're spot on in what you've said about all those players in the above post but if losing 6-0 to cork and losing 4 times to Wexford was embarrassing last season can you imagine this squad of players in the top flight they wouldn't win a single game no matter who's in charge. Simple fact is we have no legs in midfield (as you've pointed out with O'Connors over playing of the ball all the time) and it's dragging the entire team down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    I'm going to batter the next fool that says that Kevin O'Connor's legs are gone.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    I'm going to batter the next fool that says that Kevin O'Connor's legs are gone.
    he is gone. he was very poor last night. every single player except for Tristan were poor. And for McGlade and Curran they should be ran out of the club. pair of them were a disgrace last night.
    I was prepared to give Mathews a chance but after last night I have had enough.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    O'Connor is dust. He was goosed last season and he's even harder to watch this season. On pure footballing ability, he's probably our best player. But when his legs literally can't make him do stuff as quickly as it needs to be done then he needs to be sent packing. How him and Zambra have played almost every minute available to them this season is a mystery. Kealan Dillon isn't great but he's not a winger where he was playing on Friday. He surely deserves a run in midfield at this stage as that's where we're getting killed in every game. Zambra is one of the worst players technically I've ever seen play for us. The lad can't pass a ball more than 5 yards, which is fair enough if he was good at "screening" the back 4 which I presume is his main duty, but he's absolutely ****e at that too. He offers nothing. I'm wore out watching opposition attacking midfielders picking the ball up between our defence and midfield and having free reign to pull strings. It's terrible stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Good result in the end, but we should have buried them. Kealan Dillon was by far our best player on the night, had a great game - shocked he was subbed off. Kevin O'Connor had a decent game, but as others have said, he always takes a touch or two too many. I would have been disgusted if we hadn't won, but it does say that we need to be scoring far more than what we're at.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    I thought it was a shocking game. Didn't really enjoy it at all until Kelly's free kick snuck in at the end haha. Cobh are woeful hard to believe they are second. Says it all about the division.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Bump. Been a good couple of weeks! How many goals does Davy have for LTFC now? 70 plus?
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Bump. Been a good couple of weeks! How many goals does Davy have for LTFC now? 70 plus?
    Needed 31 at start of season to reach 100, how many has he got this season?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Well he has the three hat tricks don't recall him scoring aside from that so far. That would make 78.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Well he has the three hat tricks don't recall him scoring aside from that so far. That would make 78.
    Sounds about right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    yeah sully has only scored the three hattricks this season for us! saw the updates and thought it was a mistake from earlier in the season in the earlier games v Athlone. raging i couldnt make it.. Think he has got 9 goals in 15 appearances this season. Saw update from Paul Buttner on twitter about him.Good to have him back!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    So are we going to win the league next year lads or what's the story?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keen2win View Post
    So are we going to win the league next year lads or what's the story?
    well based on the evidence its looking good. Fenn has bought well in the transfer window and Peter Hopkins is a quality act! If we can keep this team together I will give us a fighting chance! Sully is back to his best after his long injury.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    well based on the evidence its looking good. Fenn has bought well in the transfer window and Peter Hopkins is a quality act! If we can keep this team together I will give us a fighting chance! Sully is back to his best after his long injury.
    Just hope to God we keep Fenn in the off season, seems to be impressing plenty in the league already

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Not sure where he'd go that's a genuine step up, Sligo or Limerick maybe if they got rid of their managers. Don't know much about him personally, does he have a family in Dublin? Ideally he'll want to stay for another while. He was talking about planning and building for next year in his interview with Shannonside after the game. I always think his interviews are impressive. No bull or cliches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Agree that he comes across well in interviews. He was on the LOI Podcast with Dan McDonnell and Johnny Ward last week and he mentioned that he was hoping to earn a contract for next year so hopefully we get him tied down ASAP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    fenn always does his fair bit of plugging for his favourite tailors which are in liffey st i believe.him and daire doyle do kids camps somewhere in dublin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    Agree that he comes across well in interviews. He was on the LOI Podcast with Dan McDonnell and Johnny Ward last week and he mentioned that he was hoping to earn a contract for next year so hopefully we get him tied down ASAP.
    Good point, get through on Friday and they should get a contract on the table asap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Missed the first half last night as I totally forgot the game was on! Had the happy coincidence of being in the chipper at the time so I had a great time watching!

Didn't see the first goal, the second was great. Kealan Dillon buried the ball across the pitch out to the left wing, but Kaleem intercepted our own pass, passed it to Sully, who slotted between the keeper's legs. They had some great chances, but their finishing was poor. Chambers gave away the penalty, brilliantly saved by Brady.

From the second half performance, I thought Hopkins and Don played well, Jake Kelly was okay when he came on but I don't rate him at all. Great three points!
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    I was in the same boat LTFC. Didnt realise coming off the 145 bus from city centre thats its a good 20-25 min walk to the ground. If I did do this again would I be better off going to Blackrock directly and where would you go off? I just timed my arrival 5 mins before Sam Verdons 1st goal! from what the lads were telling me Cabo were all over us and should have put us away in the first half.

But the second goal was sublime.. superb pass from Kaleem to Sully who I thought was offside but he must have timed it well! its some run we are on..

I think we can give Cork a game considering way Cork are playing at present. Cant go to damn match as someone else is on annual leave that night so will have to rely on town twitter!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast