Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 season

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by l.t.f.c. View Post
    **** sake lads, keep it to pm or whatsapp!
    delete this

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    **** sake lads, keep it to PM or WhatsApp!
    You know why Alan Matthews is not doing as well those so called fans have destroyed our club. I enjoy going to away matches more than home matches. You know why? There's no atmosphere in city calling any more no chanting no flags. Pure silence. At least at away matches there are lads that attempt to make an atmosphere but instead are shouted down . Longford town will never be the same club again.does anyone give a damn anymore? There used to be a buzz going to games but not any more. I didn't find many town fans sticking up for me after the slanderous comment de town said about me last august. In times like this you find out who your true friends are. He made it public in the first place why is nothing said to him? A part of me has died and will never recover again. Yeah we won't go up this year that's for the above reasons. If there was such a thing as a criminal offence de town and his comrades and the club are responsible for destroying an institution like section o was for fifteen long years. Its a sad day when the majority of people are so indifferent about the whole situation. Section o was behind Alan Matthews fully in his first spell it definitely won't happen now. I am never so ashamed to be a town fan right now. And for the likes of de town who thinks hes a know it all I have your cards marked and will make your life hell as you are the chief culprit.I don't like the way you are patronising on other forums on foot.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    So yeah bin the thread but I had to get a few things off my chest first.some people may laugh at me but I am concerned about the direction of the club. I don't feel a part of things any more.I don't like the direction that the supporters club is going is they don't run buses, they don't question the club at all now they run lads that did care out of the club and they don't go to matches any more.where is the justice in that? The club haven't an agm since 2011. So to be honest the club will be stuck in the wilderness for years to come and we can only blame ourselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Jaysus, this is more entertaining than the match on Saturday.....and that's not hard! Let me grab the popcorn!
    Yeah brings back memories doesn't it but at least I settled my differences with you. Alas with this matter it has gone way too personal for my own liking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    some people may laugh at me
    I reckon everyone is having a good laugh at this stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    I reckon everyone is having a good laugh at this stage.
    you are only a two faced ****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Moving on from these handbags...

Great win for Town and good man Sully with the three!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Sully is a genuine legend. He's well capable of 20+ goals again.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Sully is a genuine legend. He's well capable of 20+ goals again.
    Sully is back .that is his fourth hattrick with us. 8.3.13 v salthill away, 5.6.13 v pike rovers fai cup home, 23.7.14 v cobh away. Athlone were shocking bad. No strike outside ground. Cracking atmosphere from jolly boys at it but nothing sang by the yes men. I wonder why?
    . Now if there can be a decent home atmosphere. I don't know what the big panic was with calls for Mathews head last week.I rather him than cousins and was strongly emphasised at match.
    We are back and that is a huge confidence booster.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Delighted with tonight's win but last week was dire Marty, no getting away from it. Maybe we'll pick up from here but I don't blame anyone for being angry last week. As I said at the time I normally always try to see the positives but last week there were literally none.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    I wouldn't get too excited despite 2 wins we only beat Waterford I would think because it was their first game and then just about beat one of the poorest wexford sides seen.
    This will implode already rumours last couple of weeks of dressing room split

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    WOW athlone are dire. And having seen the CABO result tonight you'd wonder just how bad Wexford are. We can't afford to lose any more games from here on in, waterford look like they have the squad to be consistent so we have to match them. As longfordian sad above people had a genuine right to he angry over the Cobh performance where it looked like the players didn't care but I'm delighted for Alan, he promised us they'd work hard to fix things during the week and the new formation with just Sully up top and no Curran clearly worked a treat. Now if everyone can get behind the team and the manager there's no reason we can't have a great season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Great win last night. After last weeks disappointing result, it was great to pick up the 3 points and a clean sheet.

Sully's first goal in particular was a great move and finish.

Thought Kelly looked very good at times, he has a great left foot. He picked up a knock, hopefully it's nothing serious.

Hopefully we can follow it up with a positive result next week.

Onwards and upwards!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Good win and much better performance but important to remember how rubbish Athlone are. In saying that they missed a couple of sitters we gifted to them by overplaying at the back which was not on on a pitch like that. Jake Kelly's inclusion was key to us and hopefully his injury is only a minor thing. Boyne playing in the 10 role suited him much more than the right wing where he was last week. Lovely assist for Davy's first goal too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Agree with the above comments, won't be getting carried away, athlone are woeful but it seems we might be saying that quite a bit this season about opposition teams with Wexford, athlone, shels etc looking woeful so far and I didn't think Cobh were any good either we just made it easy for them. Never thought I'd be nervous for a home game against Cabinteely 🙈 Must win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery Rover View Post
    I wouldn't get too excited despite 2 wins we only beat Waterford I would think because it was their first game and then just about beat one of the poorest wexford sides seen.
    This will implode already rumours last couple of weeks of dressing room split
    why was there no picket last night BR? There was no vocal support for ye. Yer programme was basic but had no managers address nor squad photos in it which sums up the entire situation imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Lads are boycotting all home games but have stopped picketing outside gate. They will still attend the away games.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Be a fair waste of diesel to drive to the ground and stand outside it every week in fairness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    just back from Firhouse Clover match. They only had one chance and took it well. We created more chances once Sully came on and how Mulhall didnt score I never know. ex town players Ian Molloy and Benroughbi played for Firhouse.

Firhouse lease their ground from Tallaght IT and from there you can see the floodlights of Tallaght Stadium. They were very agressive in 2nd half.
    By the way I bumped into Enda Currans dad and had a great chat with him before the game. He comes from good footballing stock as his elder brother Nicky whos 13-14 years older than him played with Galway Utd in the 90s. Hes from Salthill and Stephen Walsh is from Mervue.Any of the Galway Utd fans remember Nicky play?

Endas father told me that Enda turned down a fulltime offer from Sligo Rovers to come to us which is hugely significant. He was offered accomodation in Riverstown but that fell through and Sligo wouldnt allow Enda to keep his partime job.

But we did and both he and Stephen travel together to Leixlip twice a week for training. I would give Enda and Stephen a chance considering their pedigree and their previous form. Enda didnt play today as he had to do a medical checkup before the game resulting from the knock he got Friday night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    just back from Firhouse Clover match. They only had one chance and took it well. We created more chances once Sully came on and how Mulhall didnt score I never know. ex town players Ian Molloy and Benroughbi played for Firhouse.

Firhouse lease their ground from Tallaght IT and from there you can see the floodlights of Tallaght Stadium. They were very agressive in 2nd half.
    By the way I bumped into Enda Currans dad and had a great chat with him before the game. He comes from good footballing stock as his elder brother Nicky whos 13-14 years older than him played with Galway Utd in the 90s. Hes from Salthill and Stephen Walsh is from Mervue.Any of the Galway Utd fans remember Nicky play?

Endas father told me that Enda turned down a fulltime offer from Sligo Rovers to come to us which is hugely significant. He was offered accomodation in Riverstown but that fell through and Sligo wouldnt allow Enda to keep his partime job.

But we did and both he and Stephen travel together to Leixlip twice a week for training. I would give Enda and Stephen a chance considering their pedigree and their previous form. Enda didnt play today as he had to do a medical checkup before the game resulting from the knock he got Friday night.
    He hasn't been too impressive so far

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast