Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2017 LOI Attendance thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Rovers though were within their rights to limit the amount of travelling supporters by giving Dundalk just 10% of the capacity of the ground.Dundalk got exactly that.

It didn't work out for them(Rovers) in the end but there was a purpose to it all.
    If it were to do with trying to minimise any advantage Dundalk might have with a vocal traveling support so be it. But not taking in to considerations of the limitations of Oriel Park they met like with like - number of tickets available in a half empty stadium, portaloos only when there are toilets under the stand, a disproportionate amount of gardai! and security for the numbers in fear of their own supporters being aped. All points to low brow thinking that pervades Shamrock Rovers FC at times and it really is they type of behaviour they should be above! With the great strides made with the academy, the calibre of coaching staff there, the modern ground that they have to rent, potential of a young team etc. It is a pity that some in the club lower their stock to childish decisioons; Justified by some by baseless allegations of poor behaviour during a previous visit...ironicly proactive considering the tolerance shown to the questionable behaviour of Shams' club members. It is not a surprise hence when less than half of the ground was filled by home support in a cup semi-final replay offering a pop at a first cup final win in 30 years. Locals have their doubts too obviously.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 14/10/2017 at 2:25 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Justified by some by baseless allegations of poor behaviour during a previous visit...ironicly proactive considering the tolerance shown to the questionable behaviour of Shams' club members. It is not a surprise hence when less than half of the ground was filled by home support in a cup semi-final replay offering a pop at a first cup final win in 30 years. Locals have their doubts too obviously.
    If the club did it because of whats been said its clearly not baseless, then theres also some key points youre omitting, it may have been an sdcc decision not rovers and the limited allocation may have been for logistical reasons, if you move the separation meshing any further south i think you quickly encounter exits so they might cause problems as far as increasing away capacity is concerned but im no expert so i dont know for sure if it would.
    As for the attendance it wasn't great no but it was a Tuesday night which is not only an inconvenient night as far as getting to and from the ground if you have a bit of a travel as many rovers fans do, see the flags at games for examples of the journeys some make, but Tuesday is also a big training night for clubs in various sports so that may have been a factor. So to say locals have their doubts is baseless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    If the club did it because of whats been said its clearly not baseless, then theres also some key points youre omitting, it may have been an sdcc decision not rovers and the limited allocation may have been for logistical reasons, if you move the separation meshing any further south i think you quickly encounter exits so they might cause problems as far as increasing away capacity is concerned but im no expert so i dont know for sure if it would.
    As for the attendance it wasn't great no but it was a Tuesday night which is not only an inconvenient night as far as getting to and from the ground if you have a bit of a travel as many rovers fans do, see the flags at games for examples of the journeys some make, but Tuesday is also a big training night for clubs in various sports so that may have been a factor. So to say locals have their doubts is baseless
    Here we go with the travel excuses - are you Mypost? No direct busses or space ships to gst people to Tallaght? Its Dublin itself ffs not Leitrim you are trying to get from - public transport aint that bad!! Tuesday night, Friday nights, makes no difference as one doesnt need a bucketfull of pints, for example, to go to a game, especially on a school night....

Tallaght is a modern stadium so dont try the inflexible stuff like the super intelligent automatic sprinklers that cant be turned off type bs. The entire Shams crowd virtually could have been accomodated in one stand if buffer zones are an issue, Dundalk fans dont tend to jump the wall when a goal is scored and an entire width of a pitch is almost needed as a seperation. Shifting of a few square metres of plastic mesh isnt a big deal and if exits are an issue in a modern municipal stadium then SDCC planners need to be moved on!!

Really so SDCC could say to Rovers at any time no need for a 2nd stand to open as ones enough at current average gates, dictate ticketing allocations etc. I know you rent the ground but that is a rubbish lease. Its a bit like renting a house to someone and the telling the tenant who they can invite round for Sunday dinner or not.

As 'because of whats been said' by one individual and not a regular poster, not backed by any of the more easily agitated Sham support on here who would be shouting from the rooftops about faeces found after a game in the stand - it clearly is as baseless as we suspect it to be without the usual furore if such a turd happened!!

Do you not see the contradiction in your last sentence "Tuesday is also a big training night for clubs in various sports so that may have been a factor" - so doubts over the importance and interest of the locals in Shamrck Rovers is not baseless. it is debatable but not baseless. Every night has some attraction that can take from attendances so why a Tuesday is so especially bad ... just more excuses ala mypost era!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 14/10/2017 at 5:06 PM. Reason: typos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I thought there was a much bigger crowd the last time out between the sides at Maginn. Definitely less Harps fans traveled this time. Really disappointed with the size of the traveling support.
    Definitely was bigger last time round. Though official capacity is 1,730 odd.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Here we go with the travel excuses - are you Mypost? No direct busses or space ships to gst people to Tallaght? Its Dublin itself ffs not Leitrim you are trying to get from - public transport aint that bad!! Tuesday night, Friday nights, makes no difference as one doesnt need a bucketfull of pints, for example, to go to a game, especially on a school night....

Tallaght is a modern stadium so dont try the inflexible stuff like the super intelligent automatic sprinklers that cant be turned off type bs. The entire Shams crowd virtually could have been accomodated in one stand if buffer zones are an issue, Dundalk fans dont tend to jump the wall when a goal is scored and an entire width of a pitch is almost needed as a seperation. Shifting of a few square metres of plastic mesh isnt a big deal and if exits are an issue in a modern municipal stadium then SDCC planners need to be moved on!!

Really so SDCC could say to Rovers at any time no need for a 2nd stand to open as ones enough at current average gates, dictate ticketing allocations etc. I know you rent the ground but that is a rubbish lease. Its a bit like renting a house to someone and the telling the tenant who they can invite round for Sunday dinner or not.

As 'because of whats been said' by one individual and not a regular poster, not backed by any of the more easily agitated Sham support on here who would be shouting from the rooftops about faeces found after a game in the stand - it clearly is as baseless as we suspect it to be without the usual furore if such a turd happened!!

Do you not see the contradiction in your last sentence "Tuesday is also a big training night for clubs in various sports so that may have been a factor" - so doubts over the importance and interest of the locals in Shamrck Rovers is not baseless. it is debatable but not baseless. Every night has some attraction that can take from attendances so why a Tuesday is so especially bad ... just more excuses ala mypost era!
    Rovers never give an extra allocation to any team - a lot of season ticket holders sit down beside the away section and the club rightly gives them priority over away fans. It's nothing personal. Some Rovers fans get annoyed about being given the minimum allocation in other grounds but it's no different to what we do. The closure of the toilets, from what I've been told, was a deliberate response to the dirty protest.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Wow you're so blinkered it's unreal. Any club will get a worse attendance for a Tuesday night game. It's a bad night for long distance fans and non regulars.
    If you actually cared to look at the main stand in Tallaght you'd see if you move the mesh you encounter what would be an awkward sequence of entrance/exit stairways and steps which you cant put the mesh over which is what I was referring to. As for the one stand thing how does that work, inconvenience half your regulars and limit the number of people who can pay at the gate to allow the opposition to have more fans? pull the other one.
    It's like any rent, best not to **** off who you're renting off or you could lose and leeway you previously had, it's a bit like renting a house, throwing a party with loads of people, the house getting wrecked and the owner paying for repairs and asking you not to have so many people around again you'll probably be pretty co-operative.
    I'm saying if that is why the Dundalk's allocation was capped then it's not baseless which is pretty obvious, also regular poster does not have any influence on the accuracy of info posted.
    yes there are attractions on other nights but on midweek nights they're more likely to be at clashing times at opposed to on weekends. Again the training in a factor for non regulars, the regulars probably would miss training to go to the match but the non regulars, ie the people who boost the attendances for these kinds of matches, could go either way. It's not a contradiction you could be a huge rovers fan but if you've training on and missing it would result in you not playing in the next game then you might decide to miss the match that'll have highlights on tv anyway that you can watch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Rovers never give an extra allocation to any team - a lot of season ticket holders sit down beside the away section and the club rightly gives them priority over away fans. It's nothing personal. Some Rovers fans get annoyed about being given the minimum allocation in other grounds but it's no different to what we do. The closure of the toilets, from what I've been told, was a deliberate response to the dirty protest.
    What was the purpose of closing off the back rows of the stand? This meant that the allocation was less than usual. Just as well the heavy rain held off. The whole night stunk of pettiness, the allocation, closing the back rows, the toilets, moving the touch line in etc.

Also not that I believe the rumours but how does closing the toilets stop people from s***ing in the stand? Surely it would have the opposite affect if anything

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Absolutely untrue as regards there being a "standard" allocation - the away section has been extended beyond 10% of capacity for Rovers - Dundalk matches in the recent past.

There is little doubt that the closure of the toilets was a deliberate act, but there is not a scintilla of evidence or credibility in the faeces yarn.

Even if it was true, it beggars belief how closing toilets is an appropriate response.

In my view it is simple another petty move that reaffirms the low tone that seems to permeate through the Shamrock Rovers club. It must be difficult for decent Rovers supporters to witness this race to the bottom.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    If the away section has been significantly extended for a non-FAI game before I didn't notice. The dirty protest stuff I've heard from people who I have no reason to doubt, but I don't really care and wouldn't tar Dundalk fans in general for it. I don't know what cordoning off the extra bit of the stand was for.

In any case, I don't have a problem with limiting teams to minimum allocation or with giving them extra. It makes no difference to me.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    If the away section has been significantly extended for a non-FAI game before I didn't notice. The dirty protest stuff I've heard from people who I have no reason to doubt, but I don't really care and wouldn't tar Dundalk fans in general for it. I don't know what cordoning off the extra bit of the stand was for.

In any case, I don't have a problem with limiting teams to minimum allocation or with giving them extra. It makes no difference to me.
    Honest question to you Charlie - Do you every get embarrassed by the behaviour at your club of any of (a) Club board (b) Fellow supporters (c) Manager / team officials (d) Team disciplinary record?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    The away section gets extended to 800 max. You were the away team we get over it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Honest question to you Charlie - Do you every get embarrassed by the behaviour at your club of any of (a) Club board (b) Fellow supporters (c) Manager / team officials (d) Team disciplinary record?
    Sometimes, yeah. This I don't have a problem with. I don't have a problem with anything Bradley says either. When you support Rovers you accept everything the club does is analysed more than everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    The away section gets extended to 800 max. You were the away team we get over it.
    Conflicting reports, doesn't get extended, can be extended!

I think our allocation in the Aviva will help us finally get over it thanks. You should come along it's a great day out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Limerick v Drogheda 1622

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Conflicting reports, doesn't get extended, can be extended!

I think our allocation in the Aviva will help us finally get over it thanks. You should come along it's a great day out
    Standard away section is 500, when teams sell 500 tickets, it gets extended to 800. Does that clear this game up for you? Not as if dundalk bring big crowds down all the time anyway, only had about 250 for the league game.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Anyone spot a figure from Bohs v CCFC, thanks?
    ...Schwanholz, Herisau: a little bit of heaven...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Definitely was bigger last time round. Though official capacity is 1,730 odd.
    1,574 is the capacity figure for Maginn Park.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    As for the attendance it wasn't great no but it was a Tuesday night which is not only an inconvenient night as far as getting to and from the ground if you have a bit of a travel as many rovers fans do,

A bit of a travel? It was a cup semi final replay ffs, and you were at home ! most Rovers fans are based in the city and if they work there they have an almost perfect transport system which brings you to a 5 min walk to the ground. If you want to discuss travel, most of the Dlk fans travelled 150k round trip and in my case as I work in the city, I wasnt home until close to midnight and back in the city at 9am. The 2,700 Rovers fans who turned up wanted to be there, the others who stayed away couldn't be bothered going. No doubt following the attitude of the club by not extending further ticket sales and closing the toilets in the most petty response in recent years.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    2,100 in the Jodi 700 in the shed there or thereabouts.Haven't seen an official figure though.

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    If i was a dundalk fan (perish the thought) I'd be embarrassed by some of the sad, small individuals who inhabit this forum under the guise of dundalk fans.
    One can only hope the majority of their fans have something else going on in their lives , that they dont feel the need to constanstly seek attention, like these poor unforunates
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

22. Thanks From:

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast