Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Moving house!

Hello all,
    Dicovered a kids soccer section on foot.ie, not used in 6 months

Its in the world football section !!

May all the interested parties get together there
    Maybe we couls organise an online "Chat" at a prearranged time to tease out ideas and suggestions!

Regards
    RD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanking All!

OOOH! That move, pluked from the land far far away was painful !!

Spread the word!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just been talking about Merville Uniteds Draw with Knock Kiltimagh in Round 4 of the Connacht Cup U16 (The Competition is a Farce, but we will put up with it!! )

Seems that KK have teams in the QF of the Connacht Cup at U12, U14, U16 and U18 Levels! Not Bad Performance throughout the structure!!

Looking forward to meeting them!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Best of luck with that RD. I take a special interest in that one for my homeplace is just 'down the road from Knock' as Christy may have sang. Now RD ya didn't know that. Send me a text with the details of that fixture if ya get a chance in the unlikely instance I'm passing through.

Our U-10's finished runners up in a very successful U-10's South Donegal Schoolboy's League Blitz at the weekend. Things didn't quite take off for us as we opened with a win over neighbours Copany Rovers 1-0. This was followed by defeat by the same score-line to Donegal Town before securing runners up spot with a 4-0 disposal of Erne Wanderers. The weather was fantastic and a great day was had by all. So worked up about it as I was I didn't sleep a wink the night before. Mad or what

Away now with the U-12's to Copany Rovers. Our U-12's haven't kicked off the season just yet.

I was hoping to add some pictures to this particular forum but I wouldn't have a clue. Even to create a link. I have pictures downloaded to the laptop but don't know what to do from there. Just pictures (one) from our day in Merville, pictures of our ground and from Saturday's competition.

Just an idea.

BTW. Well done to everybody who has helped make a good home for Kids Soccer on foot.ie. I take it we are here to stay!!!

Brendan Grufferty,PRO
    Drumbar Utd F.C
    Donegal

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile winger

i agree with some of the comments made about cherry orchard poaching players, and the comments about home farm, st kevins and stella maris only picking the best. there is a club in dublin called templeogue united they have 36 schoolboy teams 2 senior teams i think 6 girls teams and two senior ladies teams with a number of internationals in the ladies section. my son plays for them and the ethos is that if a child wants to play the beautiful game teams are provided, yes they will pick the best for the 'a' teams but even the less skillful players will have a team and a league to play in. they start from 4 to 5 yr olds and the focus is on enjoyment not competition, fair play to them. check out their web site www.templeogueunited.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Good stuff Winger. Sounds good and what its all about.

Brendan

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

winger

thanks for the comment brendan.if only a lot of clubs had the same idea
    there would be less hassle for referees and the children playing. also at 7,8,9 and 10, the "win at all cost mentality" should be forced out of the game. i know there is a shortage of refs and that a "home " ref is quite common but
    to see them blatently cheating the kids ia appalling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    thanks for the comment brendan.if only a lot of clubs had the same idea
    there would be less hassle for referees and the children playing. also at 7,8,9 and 10, the "win at all cost mentality" should be forced out of the game. i know there is a shortage of refs and that a "home " ref is quite common but
    to see them blatently cheating the kids ia appalling.
    Tell ya what Winger but there are no shortage of clubs of the same idea. I found quite a few here courtesy of foot.ie. Its never quite as simple as that. I get frustrated with the game because in a sense I'm set in my ways and this is for me about equal opportunity and enjoyment. I feel since I started out I have really got places not least the respect of the kids involved but in terms of interest in what I'm trying to achieve. Parents will support you I've found because when you set out to do the right things in life you'll find particularly the parents will be of the same thinking. Its bloody hard work but for me its very very fulfilling.

I can see a book out of this!!!!!

Brendan Grufferty,PRO
    Drumbar Utd,
    Donegal Town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Wednesday Nights friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsbear
    I feel since I started out I have really got places not least the respect of the kids involved but in terms of interest in what I'm trying to achieve.
    I got my wish yesterday evening. All my hard work paid off. A friendly game was organised last night with local side Killymard Utd. Most of my regular U-10's were away with Community Games so only 3 of my regular 10's side turned up. This was complimented by 11 U-8's and U-9's. Most of the boys had been with me all along and while a few haven't got the hang of the game yet I was delighted to give them all a run out. They were just told to go out and enjoy themselves.In a 9 -aside game all 5 subs were introduced at one point for a run out and they really enjoyed it. Think we were 3-0 down but it finished 3-2 to Killymard.I'm still trying to get Alan to declare his side's ages mind!!!

An interesting point of the game was reached when the referee for the game told me I couldn't bring on 2 subs because they weren't wearing shinguards. I told the boys to run on and informed the ref that he would have to abandon the game because few if any of the Killymard boys wore any. The game went on and the ref didn't come near me after.

In terms of setting up the game I've found myself setting up the pitch as far away from the spectators/parents. I expect to be the only one talking to them during the game and I have found parents get carried away and essentially really feic the whole thing up. I knew a few of our boys getting their first game would be nervous so it was up to me to encourage and support them.

Again football was the winner.A wee few encouraging words at the end and the boy's went home happy.

Think we have a small matter of a challenge on Sunday. See here for further details.

Brendan Grufferty,PRO
    Drumbar Utd,
    Donegal Town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its a battle keeping all, of all skill levels and indeed none, involved. Satisfaction is well work it though. Sombody in poer needs to look at the big picture however. I know that most people with youth and kids soccer in thier blood can dedicate 10 hours a week plus to it, and be expected to have the wisdom of Sigmund Freud when dealing with players and parents Not to mention the loss of earnings through no overtime etc. Not to mention the grief from the other half about mowing the bloody lawn!

If it costs 80k a year to keep a prisoner in Jail, think of the impact 5k a year to kids clubs would make?

Still, a bit of hard work makes the pint taste sweeter!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MervilleUnited
    Its a battle keeping all, of all skill levels and indeed none, involved. Satisfaction is well work it though. Sombody in poer needs to look at the big picture however. I know that most people with youth and kids soccer in thier blood can dedicate 10 hours a week plus to it, and be expected to have the wisdom of Sigmund Freud when dealing with players and parents Not to mention the loss of earnings through no overtime etc. Not to mention the grief from the other half about mowing the bloody lawn!
    Here here Richie. Some good points. At this stage I'm absolutely shattered. Jus to give people an idea of a typical weekend for me. This weekend I finished work on friday night and was absolutely shattered. I got home and I went out and uncustomarily got blathered (Tough work at week!!) Saturday morning out for training at half 10 with a sick stomach, the onslaught of flu and time only for a banana for breakfast. One and a half hour of a session and then the pitch to set up depending on the upcoming fixture. Left that at 3 to go and have lunch and take in an U-12 game 2 hours later.

Not fit to do anything else on Saturday. Did however attempt a page of a popular Freud classic.

Sunday morning, out to the pitch at 11.30 with a slice of dry toast for breakfast as I drive and another sick stomach. Shattered by 3.30 and next thing ya know its back to work.

But seriously it takes so much time and effort.I suppose I may complain but I would be a lesser mortal without that passion.

Quote Originally Posted by MervilleUnited
    If it costs 80k a year to keep a prisoner in Jail, think of the impact 5k a year to kids clubs would make?

Still, a bit of hard work makes the pint taste sweeter!
    5K a year and your talking miracles. We are performing miracles on little more than shoestring budget.

About the pint and sweeter and all that Richie..............as long as you dont bring that up with the kids.

Brendan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    5K a year and your talking miracles. We are performing miracles on little more than shoestring budget.

About the pint and sweeter and all that Richie..............as long as you dont bring that up with the kids.

Brendan

Not a mention! That said, lets hope for a few Barstool Experts to get up and give a hand!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234