Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Hopefully someday soon we'll be able to have a grown up conversation about the dangers of mass immigration, open borders and the link to radical Islam and opportunistic terrorism without resorting to labels and name calling.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    'The Spoils of War: Trump Lavished With Media and Bipartisan Praise For Bombing Syria': https://theintercept.com/2017/04/07/...bombing-syria/

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Greenwald
    The U.S. Government does not wage war, and the U.S. military does not blow things up, out of humanitarianism. It does so when it believes there is some benefit to be obtained for itself. Again, Federalist 4 warned us: “nations in general will make war whenever they have a prospect of getting anything by it.”

If humanitarianism is what motivated the U.S. in Syria, it would take in massive numbers of refugees, but it hasn’t. If humanitarianism is what motivated the U.S. bombing of Libya, it would have given large amounts of aid to that country in the aftermath to help it deal with the ensuing anarchy and misery, but it didn’t. That’s because humanitarianism is the pretext for U.S. wars, not the actual motive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    This is just bizarre:

Unsettlingly-explicit war-mongering under the veil and gravitas of "news-reporting" from the supposedly "liberal" MSNBC.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    This is just bizarre:

Unsettlingly-explicit war-mongering under the veil and gravitas of "news-reporting" from the supposedly "liberal" MSNBC.
    So you think it was ok for Assad to use poisonous gas on children? You think it's ok for him to break the rules of the Geneva Convention?
    Maybe we should have waited on the UN, which is the most useless organization out there, to do something about it. The thing I just love about us Irish, is we are such experts on every war we never fought in.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
    So you think it was ok for Assad to use poisonous gas on children? You think it's ok for him to break the rules of the Geneva Convention?
    Maybe we should have waited on the UN, which is the most useless organization out there, to do something about it. The thing I just love about us Irish, is we are such experts on every war we never fought in.
    Of course I don't think it's OK for Assad, or anyone for that matter, to use poisonous gas on children.

Talking about the "beauty of [their] weapons" as they watch footage of missiles being sent on their way to rain down on human beings is disconcerting and weird. It's sort of psychopathic.

I would suggest that an investigation into the attack should be carried out so as to obtain evidence and ascertain who is responsible before any action is considered.

I happen to agree with most of what Glenn Greenwald writes here: http://foot.ie/threads/219506-Trump?...=1#post1915566

8. Thanks From:

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    I have no objection to missile strikes on chemical weapons storage when it would appear Assad has rolled back on previous agreements regarding their use and disposal. What I object to is a "Fire and Forget" style intervention from the US, where the deeper problems of what is occurring in Syria go untackled in favour of a brief demonstration of muscle. It makes me think of the US involvement in the NFZ over Libya, a country still in so much turmoil: is Syria going to just vanish from the headlines soon as well?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    This reminded me of when Tetsujin said he could see what deleted/edited posts said.

http://www.thejournal.ie/trump-tweet...28633-Apr2017/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
    Completely naive!
    Next you'll be telling us Russia/The US haven't committed or known about similar atrocities...
    Two of the most dangerous countries globally FFS.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    The standard of debate on here is just fantastic recently.

"This video is quite disconcerting."

"So you want Syrian kids to die????????????????"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    The response from the US to the attack last week was interesting for a number of reasons. The situation in Syria is complicated, to say the least. As Danny points out above there may even be questions as to who really carried out the attack or, at least, how the series of events went down. The invention by the previous US administration of the term "moderate rebels" was a convenient way for them to arm terrorist groups and promote the preferred American outcome that would see Assad ousted. They ended up arming, heavily, affiliates of Al Queda and Al Nusra and mercenaries that aligned with ISIS - in other words there was no such thing as a group of "moderate rebels". They all wanted death to America and they all wanted to exert control in an area that Assad couldn't. The absolutely disgusting piece in all this is the wanton disregard for human life and innocent civilians.

So, like I said, the response from the Trump administration is interesting for a number of reasons. Aside from flexing some muscle and mitigating the Trump/Putin bromance narrative;

1) strategically, it leaves the door open to work with Russia and Assad in the elimination of ISIS (to the extent that is even possible)
    2) tactically, it targets the infrastructure of the Assad regime instead of the possibility of killing people.
    3) it draws a line in the sand of what Assad can and cannot do in defeating the groups that want him out (assuming it was Assad who ordered/carried out the strike)
    4) Tillerson says its position on Assad remains unchanged - it is up to the people of Syria to determine their influence without US arming any rebellion

It puts the ball in Assad's court in terms of how he wants this to go down, long term. Any more dirty attacks will be met with growing force so it puts a little pressure on Russia to manage its ally as they do not have any interest in being drawn into war with the US.

Anyway, as always, you have the war-mongering going on on both sides of the aisles in the US - McCain, Graham and - more recently - little Marco the loudest of those voices. It is disgusting to be urging the US into another war they should not get into but it also begs the question why? What is in it for these folks and the previous US administration to topple the Assad regime? Answer: it was not borne out of humanitarian concerns - instead you should follow the oil...follow the money.

Saudi/Qatari oil? Or oil controlled by Iran and its geopolitical partners? The overthrow of Assad was desperately needed by Saudi and its buddies in the White House.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Saudi/Qatari oil? Or oil controlled by Iran and its geopolitical partners? The overthrow of Assad was desperately needed by Saudi and its buddies in the White House.
    I'm not sure if I posted this article before, but it expands on what you're saying in relation to the issue of (proposed) oil pipelines and the geopolitical/strategic significance of Syria in all of that: http://www.mintpressnews.com/migrant...elines/209294/

Quote Originally Posted by Mnar Muhawesh
    The Guardian reported in August 2013:

“Assad refused to sign a proposed agreement with Qatar and Turkey that would run a pipeline from the latter’s North field, contiguous with Iran’s South Pars field, through Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria and on to Turkey, with a view to supply European markets – albeit crucially bypassing Russia. Assad’s rationale was ‘to protect the interests of [his] Russian ally, which is Europe’s top supplier of natural gas.’”

Note the purple line which traces the proposed Qatar-Turkey natural gas pipeline and note that all of the countries highlighted in red are part of a new coalition hastily put together after Turkey finally (in exchange for NATO’s acquiescence on Erdogan’s politically-motivated war with the PKK) agreed to allow the US to fly combat missions against ISIS targets from Incirlik. Now note which country along the purple line is not highlighted in red. That’s because Bashar al-Assad didn’t support the pipeline and now we’re seeing what happens when you’re a Mid-East strongman and you decide not to support something the US and Saudi Arabia want to get done. (Map: ZeroHedge.com)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Assad has no chin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Meh. I don't know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    'Alleged Sarin Gas Attack by President Assad is Fake News': https://sciscomedia.co.uk/sarin-gas-assad-fake-news/

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Margrain
    Syrian-based journalist, Tom Dugan, who has been living in the country for the last four years, claims no gas attack happened. Rather, he asserts that the Syrian air force destroyed a terrorist-owned and controlled chemical weapons factory mistaking it for an ammunition dump, and “the chemicals spilled out.” This seems to be the most plausible explanation.

Another convincing reason to discount the official narrative is because Assad doesn’t possess any chemical weapons. Even The Wall Street Journal, citing a Hague-based watchdog agency, conceded on 23rd June 2014, that:

“the dangerous substances from Syria’s chemical weapons program, including sulfur mustard and precursors of sarin, have now been removed from the country after a monthslong process.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    'Former DIA Colonel: “US strikes on Syria based on a lie”': https://gosint.wordpress.com/2017/04...ased-on-a-lie/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Hopefully someday soon we'll be able to have a grown up conversation about the dangers of mass immigration, open borders and the link to radical Islam and opportunistic terrorism without resorting to labels and name calling.
    After Sweden, it looks like Germany and the Dortmund football team bus is the next victim of random acts of terrorism in the name of Islam.

Problem? What problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    'Alleged Sarin Gas Attack by President Assad is Fake News': https://sciscomedia.co.uk/sarin-gas-assad-fake-news/
    I saw an interview with a congressman - I cant remember which one - where he said that it is quite possible that the terrorists released the chemicals knowing that a strike was imminent. He didn't put it forward as the answer but the fact that he felt comfortable and within reason to do so on a MSM program just gave an insight into how things are not (almost ever) what they seem and we really have no idea what is going on.

Whether Dugan's theory or some other theory is what actually happened, the wanton disregard for life and using civilians as pawns in a global power struggle never ceases to disgust me.

By the way, Eva Bartlett is another journalist that I have been listening to over the last year or so when it comes to Syria. She claims to be independent but I have seen her interviewed on RT - either way, she has a great insight into what may really be going on in Syria (or certainly what was going on under the Obama administration). Worth checking out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Whether Dugan's theory or some other theory is what actually happened, the wanton disregard for life and using civilians as pawns in a global power struggle never ceases to disgust me.
    Former Defense Intelligence Agency colonel Patrick Lang published a similar account of what is actually supposed to have happened. You can read it in the link in post #276 above. I'd quote his version of events but it'd get me in trouble as it's more than two paragraphs long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    We know the actual Syrian pilot who dropped the chemical weapons.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast