Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 1st game of the season

  1. #1
    Reserves galwaygirl's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Terryland, Galway
    Posts
    958
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    1st game of the season

    There mite be a few of us travelling up on sat 19th. Can anyone recommend any places to stay

  2. #2
    Seasoned Pro Terry's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Turloughmore
    Posts
    4,998
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    74
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    149
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwaygirl
    There mite be a few of us travelling up on sat 19th. Can anyone recommend any places to stay
    the garda station !!!

  3. #3
    Reserves aidz1's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Outside the Club House
    Posts
    476
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    for hotels try the westenra as it is in the centre of town, and the others are prob booked out for weddings etc. west also has the niteclub and plenty of pubs around it
    b&b's are hard enough to come by in the town as again the wedding goers usually book them well in advance...
    f knows the b&b's
    grove lodge b& b is relatively close to town and hillgrove hotel
    hilltop b&B is near cathedral is about ones i only know off hand

    hope that helps

  4. #4
    First Team
    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,435
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    The Ashleigh House on Dublin St is a big B+B right in the town centre.
    Canal Lodge, Clones Road is a walk from the ground, short taxi ride/a bit of a walk from the town centre.
    Athlone Town's website has a good section for travelling fans - directions and places to stay etc

  5. #5
    Reserves galwaygirl's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Terryland, Galway
    Posts
    958
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry
    the garda station !!!
    you're very funny Terry



    Quote Originally Posted by aidz1
    for hotels try the westenra as it is in the centre of town, and the others are prob booked out for weddings etc. west also has the niteclub and plenty of pubs around it
    b&b's are hard enough to come by in the town as again the wedding goers usually book them well in advance...
    f knows the b&b's
    grove lodge b& b is relatively close to town and hillgrove hotel
    hilltop b&B is near cathedral is about ones i only know off hand
    hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by monutdfc
    The Ashleigh House on Dublin St is a big B+B right in the town centre.
    Canal Lodge, Clones Road is a walk from the ground, short taxi ride/a bit of a walk from the town centre.
    Athlone Town's website has a good section for travelling fans - directions and places to stay etc

    That's great aidz1 & monutdfc, thanks for your help. Tried checking on the net but didnt even come across most of the ones you mentioned

Similar Threads

  1. Pre season game
    By Ash in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16/01/2007, 7:55 AM
  2. 1st game of the Season....
    By galwaygirl in forum Galway United
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23/02/2005, 8:44 PM
  3. And our 1st game of the season is........
    By Roo69 in forum Bray Wanderers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19/02/2005, 8:24 PM
  4. Game of the season....
    By KR's Post in forum Bray Wanderers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13/11/2004, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •