Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Declan Rice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathalsmart View Post
    More like West Ham want more time to bully him into a decision.
    He is an adult FFS, West Ham 'bullying him' shouldn't come into it. if EPL clubs had their way nobody would play for Ireland (or most other countries). its HIS call, he should make it and let everyone move on. now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    He's 19. I was an idiot at 19, my 19 year old friends were idiots. The only thing we didn't know was how idiotic we were.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/st...201172480?s=19

Sky Sports News reckon he's declaring for England. I'm assuming it's based on an actual source, as opposed to being based on the Ireland squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Me too,still am to be fair.We can’t expect people to be perfect but tthe question is how the country is to respond appropriately to his idiocy.The FAI/O’Neill know he’s gone,we know he’s gone and he knows he’s gone.He doesn’t have the decency or whatever to just say so.Thats his lookout.So should the FAI not be saying,yeah he’s 19 and immature but we’re not prepared to allow this nonsense to continue and indicate that he will not be considered again for selection,draw a line under it and at least set a precedent that we’re not prepared to continue to be the footballing equivalent of the fat girl at the disco waiting to be asked to dance.The alternative would be to encourage 19 year old idiots to continue with that idiotic behavior cos we think so little of ourselves.Therefore idiotic 19 year olds will never be afforded an opportunity to learn not to be idiots.
    It’s appearing increasingly likely that Rice is not going to make any formal statement in the matter,presumably in the hope that it’ll blow over,which is the mindset of a hit and run driver.O’Neill is a shambles,a blundering egotistical buffoon but it is thoroughly unfair for Rice and his people to allow a situation where O’Neill has to make all the public pronouncements.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Rice declares for England according the sky sports - as reported by rte:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018...gland-reports/

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    O'Neill 'surprised' by report claiming Declan Rice has chosen England http://the42.ie/4267996

MON has directly refuted the Sky Report. "Im told that Sky are going to change it."

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    O'Neill 'surprised' by report claiming Declan Rice has chosen England http://the42.ie/4267996

MON has directly refuted the Sky Report. "Im told that Sky are going to change it."
    And the FAI tweeted a quote from MON from the above which has been liked by Declan Rice also.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    Was it liked by Rice? seriously? This is getting intriguing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    He’s ‘unliked’ it now seemingly.Beyond a joke
    Le monde est a nous

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    What a time to be alive.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Was it liked by Rice? seriously? This is getting intriguing.
    He did indeed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoqR6ukW4AAnJA9.jpg:large

His agent must have been on to him in the mean time though.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

14. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapAPony View Post
    He did indeed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoqR6ukW4AAnJA9.jpg:large

His agent must have been on to him in the mean time though.
    I know it shouldn't be relevant but it has to be relevant. Does anyone think that his contract situation is the main issue here? Gold and Sullivan are such straight up cowboys that you could easily envisage them saying "Awlright Declan, it's 10 grand a week for Ireland and it's 20 grand a week for England. We have already spoke to your agent on it so he knows the story."

When it was just his father guiding his decision there was no decision at all. Now that the agent has changed and the club has the bargaining power of a contract and have seen Manchester United bidding 50m for Harry Maguire, any small doubt that Rice may have had have come to the surface.

Maybe I'm being kind to him but I don't think this matter is as black and white as, say, Kevin Kilbane makes out. And in spite of all the above, he might well (and I have a sinking feeling that he will) declare for England.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    I know it shouldn't be relevant but it has to be relevant. Does anyone think that his contract situation is the main issue here? Gold and Sullivan are such straight up cowboys that you could easily envisage them saying "Awlright Declan, it's 10 grand a week for Ireland and it's 20 grand a week for England. We have already spoke to your agent on it so he knows the story." .
    I think it's a factor for certain. As it was with Grealish. I've nothing against these boys, being born and reared in England, having an allegiance to England as well. It's there situation and their right. But there's more calculators and spreadsheets than flags and jerseys used to explain the consequences of their choices and it's a fact that he's worth more to West Ham as an England eligible player than he'd ever be as an Ireland player.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Well I head he had switched to England on Sky Sports on the telly. probably the same story I guess, but it has gotta be a tough
    decision for some, if he decides to go with England fair enough, it is not the end of the world.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    Well I head he had switched to England on Sky Sports on the telly. probably the same story I guess, but it has gotta be a tough
    decision for some, if he decides to go with England fair enough, it is not the end of the world.
    Wouldn't be the first time Sky News steered the news to fit their own agenda
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    They've rolled that back to "is leaning towards England"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Is there a possibility that Sky releasing that story either prematurely or simply incorrectly would make a slight difference to Rice? Considering he liked the O'Neill snippet on Twitter, perhaps he will think hold on here, West Ham want me to go England the media want me to go England but the decision is for me an my family, I'm staying put.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    I'm a bit worried about the vested interests in the outcome of Rice's international allegiance. Various bookmakers, including Paddy Power, had a market open on whether or not Rice would declare for England. They even had one on whether or not he'd be named in the squad, which can't happen until the paperwork is processed, which will take at least three months.

One of the Sky Sports reporters tweeted this. Summary: we don't know what's going on either, but we're not going to admit it

All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    I know. I'm just not telling you.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I'm a bit worried about the vested interests in the outcome of Rice's international allegiance. Various bookmakers, including Paddy Power, had a market open on whether or not Rice would declare for England. They even had one on whether or not he'd be named in the squad, which can't happen until the paperwork is processed, which will take at least three months.

One of the Sky Sports reporters tweeted this. Summary: we don't know what's going on either, but we're not going to admit it

You would imagine the fake news yesterday came from "sources close to the player" also

Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast