Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    if the first few paraghraphs of the article are to be taken at face value then its clear he hasn't made his decision yet. makes a mockery of all the recent media reports claiming he has decided England.
    I see zero benefit to Rice drawing this out if he has decided for England. I see some benefit if he has decided Ireland given his ongoing contract talks with WHU

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I was thinking that too. In fact, if he had chosen England he'd probably be keen to get the paperwork started (assuming that isn't already happening behind the scenes).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    So, everything written about him definitely choosing one side, or the other, in the past four months, has been wrong.
    And anything written that was based of those original articles, have been worse.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    In fact, if he had chosen England he'd probably be keen to get the paperwork started (assuming that isn't already happening behind the scenes).
    I don't think he would do that given the sensitivities involved. Its obvious that he, and particularly his family, feels some attachment to us and if it came out afterwards that he had started the England switch process while still claiming he was thinking about things it would make things a bit worse for him. Again, I just don't see any benefit in him not coming out immediately to confirm he has made a decision to go with England

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    if the first few paraghraphs of the article are to be taken at face value then its clear he hasn't made his decision yet. makes a mockery of all the recent media reports claiming he has decided England.
    I see zero benefit to Rice drawing this out if he has decided for England. I see some benefit if he has decided Ireland given his ongoing contract talks with WHU
    Thinking the very same thing................
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    It would be pretty funny if it transpired the England interest was drawn out simply to obtain a better contract from West Ham, particularly given Southgate's very public pursuit.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,689 Posts
    I don't think he would do that given the sensitivities involved. Its obvious that he, and particularly his family, feels some attachment to us and if it came out afterwards that he had started the England switch process while still claiming he was thinking about things it would make things a bit worse for him. Again, I just don't see any benefit in him not coming out immediately to confirm he has made a decision to go with England
    I was wondering if this was a planted article or an article advised by a publicist. I then wondered for what purpose, thinking it might be a way of softening the blow if he defects. After that I thought maybe it's a way of being polite to England and preparing to let them down. And even after that I thought, maybe he just hasn't decided!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I was wondering if this was a planted article or an article advised by a publicist. I then wondered for what purpose, thinking it might be a way of softening the blow if he defects. After that I thought maybe it's a way of being polite to England and preparing to let them down. And even after that I thought, maybe he just hasn't decided!
    Hes gone lads and has been since he pulled out. The worst part is he giving false hope to decent Irish fans and we dont deserve that. If you look at the article he refernces his career not heritage or nationality. His only stumbling block is his dad, who he will let down as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Hes gone lads and has been since he pulled out. The worst part is he giving false hope to decent Irish fans and we dont deserve that. If you look at the article he refernces his career not heritage or nationality. His only stumbling block is his dad, who he will let down as well.
    I don't agree with that. if he was gone he would say so as he gains little if anything by dragging the decision process out. I honestly believe he is yet to decide.
    my odds: 40% us / 60% england

15. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    I don't agree with that. if he was gone he would say so as he gains little if anything by dragging the decision process out. I honestly believe he is yet to decide.
    my odds: 40% us / 60% england
    If you honestly believe deep down in your heart of hearts that he is yet to decide why wouldn't you give it 50%/50%?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    If you honestly believe deep down in your heart of hearts that he is yet to decide why wouldn't you give it 50%/50%?
    because I believe he will probably choose England but I still believe that he hasn't decided. my odds are based on what I think the chances are as to where his head will end up.... not where his head is now

18. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,093 Posts
    "One of the hardest decisions I will have to make in my career". That the rules didn't enforce that decision to be made the first time he got a senior cap for Ireland is a sad indictment.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    because I believe he will probably choose England but I still believe that he hasn't decided. my odds are based on what I think the chances are as to where his head will end up.... not where his head is now
    Needs sound
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sPVEBAtwmg

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I remember Steven Ireland, early on in his international indecisiveness, very publicly on MOTD after a good performance in a city match talk about having highlights in his career, and representing “his country” being amongst them.... to subsequently carry on the way he did. So I’m giving no faith to the Declan Rice sound bites. His Ireland career is with O’Leary in the grave, as far as I’m concerned.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    I bought the Sunday times and two very interesting points. Southgate says the power point presentation meeting wirh Rice in London was bullsh*t and Mon is bringing Mark O'Toole( the youth scout) to meet Rice in Rices dads gaff

23. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    I bought the Sunday times and two very interesting points. Southgate says the power point presentation meeting wirh Rice in London was bullsh*t and Mon is bringing Mark O'Toole( the youth scout) to meet Rice in Rices dads gaff
    Thanks Diggs246. I didn't see the Sunday times can you elaborate on the points you raised and the significance you see in it? Thanks it is probably already clear from your post but I have serious baby brain today!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Thanks Diggs246. I didn't see the Sunday times can you elaborate on the points you raised and the significance you see in it? Thanks it is probably already clear from your post but I have serious baby brain today!
    Southgate was directly asked about the meeting in St George's where he supposedly ran through a technical analyse of where Rice would fit in. However this meeting never took place.

Mark O' toole is the Fai scout who brought Rice into our under age set up. Bringing him along is seen as a smart charm offensive.

26. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    And that was the last time anyone bought the Daily f*cking Star

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Southgate was directly asked about the meeting in St George's where he supposedly ran through a technical analyse of where Rice would fit in. However this meeting never took place.

Mark O' toole is the Fai scout who brought Rice into our under age set up. Bringing him along is seen as a smart charm offensive.
    Cheers thank you.

Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast