Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 905

Thread: Declan Rice

  1. #661
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    17,901
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    884
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,415
    Thanked in
    2,179 Posts
    Game against Gibraltar is the 26th of March, so I reckon the squad will be announced around the eighth

  2. #662
    Seasoned Pro Razors left peg's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,648
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    338
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    252
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    If he was going to stay with us the professional way to go about would be just have McCarthy name him in the squad and just move on rather than a big social media BS announcement. There doesn't need to be big fanfare one way or other.

  3. Thanks From:


  4. #663
    Seasoned Pro Razors left peg's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,648
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    338
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    252
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    Bit of an odd one this (Tin foil hats at the ready) , but if you go to www.faishop.com, in the banner ad for the away jersey Mr Rice is one of the 3 players pictured wearing the shirt.

    Has this always been the case or is a little subtle hint of whats to come?

  5. #664
    Seasoned Pro CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,771
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    935
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    673
    Thanked in
    444 Posts
    Debate on that one, Eire Guide announced it as a return the other day, as having been removed when he took time out but that was disputed since as always having been there. I don't honestly know.

  6. Thanks From:


  7. #665
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    889
    Thanked in
    592 Posts
    I'm convinced or else convincing myself he will be named in the squad for March.

  8. #666
    Capped Player DeLorean's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    10,079
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,749
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,881
    Thanked in
    1,842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    I'm convinced or else convincing myself he will be named in the squad for March.
    No news is good news at this stage I feel also.

  9. #667
    Seasoned Pro jbyrne's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Baile Átha Cliath
    Posts
    2,992
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    494
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    652
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    No news is good news at this stage I feel also.
    there is merit in that view ok. with Englands euros campaign to start next month, along with their Nations League finals appearance in June, Rice would have to have started the change over process by now to be available to be involved. I would like to think the process wouldnt have started in advance of any public declaration to play for England.

  10. #668
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    889
    Thanked in
    592 Posts
    Is it possible to kick that process off without it leaking to the public though? Not sure why someone in the FAI wouldn't break rank and leak it if they saw a letter coming from the FA.

  11. #669
    First Team IsMiseSean's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gaillimh
    Posts
    1,760
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    392
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    281
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Is it possible to kick that process off without it leaking to the public though? Not sure why someone in the FAI wouldn't break rank and leak it if they saw a letter coming from the FA.
    If the switching process had begun behind the scenes - it would have been leaked. Have the FAI anything to gain by keeping it quiet?

  12. #670
    Capped Player DeLorean's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    10,079
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,749
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,881
    Thanked in
    1,842 Posts
    I just hope there isn't a Riceless squad announcement followed by Mick confirming he's requested "a little more time". I'd nearly prefer if he just chose England. Well, not really.

  13. #671
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    889
    Thanked in
    592 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    I just hope there isn't a Riceless squad announcement followed by Mick confirming he's requested "a little more time". I'd nearly prefer if he just chose England. Well, not really.
    Yeah, that would really be taking the mick. That, coupled with the fact that there have been no murmurs of the switching process being initiated, would suggest that he's sticking with us or is hoping to play himself into contention with England from next season on. I think it's clear that if he were eligible he'd be in England's squad in March.

  14. #672
    First Team TrapAPony's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Timbuktu, Mali
    Posts
    1,556
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    460
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    442
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    I just hope there isn't a Riceless squad announcement followed by Mick confirming he's requested "a little more time". I'd nearly prefer if he just chose England. Well, not really.
    To be honest, if Rice is not in the next squad we should forget about him. Nobody needs that amount of time to make up their mind.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

  15. Thanks From:


  16. #673
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    889
    Thanked in
    592 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapAPony View Post
    To be honest, if Rice is not in the next squad we should forget about him. Nobody needs that amount of time to make up their mind.
    I think you're right in one sense but he was born in England and is keeping them waiting long enough too. Do you think they would take the same stance?

  17. #674
    Seasoned Pro jbyrne's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Baile Átha Cliath
    Posts
    2,992
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    494
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    652
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    I think you're right in one sense but he was born in England and is keeping them waiting long enough too. Do you think they would take the same stance?
    he hasn't already got 3 england caps.
    if he hasn't confirmed by the march squad then that's the end of my patience with it

  18. Thanks From:


  19. #675
    First Team TrapAPony's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Timbuktu, Mali
    Posts
    1,556
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    460
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    442
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    I think you're right in one sense but he was born in England and is keeping them waiting long enough too. Do you think they would take the same stance?
    England have nothing to lose as he was never their player in the first place. We are the ones who Rice has played all the way up along for at underage level and has 3 caps at Senior level. He has been given more than enough time by the FAI and I am definitely of the opinion that if he is not in the squad for the Gibraltar match then he is best forgotten.
    Last edited by TrapAPony; 12/02/2019 at 3:02 PM.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

  20. #676
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    14,414
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,574
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,508
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapAPony View Post
    England have nothing to lose as he was never their player in the first place. We are the ones who Rice has played all the way up along for at underage level and has 3 caps at Senior level. He has been given more than enough time by the FAI and I am definitely of the opinion that if he is not in the squad for the Gibraltar match then he is best forgotten.
    On one level I agree, on another my desire to have him fully onboard would not be diminished if he just chose to make himself available for the June games.
    You'd think he wouldn't look forward to being a part of another team (besides West Ham) where his name is pronounced Wice by all and sundry.

  21. #677
    First Team Fixer82's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Baile Átha Cliath
    Posts
    1,937
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    681
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    458
    Thanked in
    313 Posts
    When is the squad for upcoming games being announced?

  22. #678
    First Team Fixer82's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Baile Átha Cliath
    Posts
    1,937
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    681
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    458
    Thanked in
    313 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Game against Gibraltar is the 26th of March, so I reckon the squad will be announced around the eighth
    I’ll go off this.

  23. #679
    Capped Player DeLorean's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    10,079
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,749
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,881
    Thanked in
    1,842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    You'd think he wouldn't look forward to being a part of another team (besides West Ham) where his name is pronounced Wice by all and sundry.
    To be fair, only Roy Hodgson and Alan Smith would call him that.

  24. #680
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    17,901
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    884
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,415
    Thanked in
    2,179 Posts

  25. Thanks From:


Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Declan Boyle
    By Mayo Red in forum Finn Harps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17/01/2006, 6:31 PM
  2. Declan Daly
    By superal in forum Cork City
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19/01/2003, 9:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •