Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 905

Thread: Declan Rice

  1. #621
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    17,888
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    884
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,409
    Thanked in
    2,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Garcia View Post
    If he declares for England just in time to qualify for their next competitive fixture - it will display a degree of cynicism I'd not anticipated.
    there's no fixed amount of time for a change of allegiance to go through. Nacer Chadli played for Morocco in November 2010, and made his debut for Belgium three months later. Michael Duffy stated last August he was changing allegiance to the Republic national team, but it wasn't processed in time for him to appear in either game in November.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

  2. #622
    Banned
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    241
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Surely the family can see how pathetic and manipulative the FA are being here, part of me honestly thinks are they being held to ransom as all this drum beating from the FA really smacks of desperation and sounds as if they dont believe they are as attractive as they look, you sure as hell wouldn't see Germany and Spain making this much noise as they at least know there value.

  3. #623
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,858
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,695
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,037
    Thanked in
    3,178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    there's no fixed amount of time for a change of allegiance to go through. Nacer Chadli played for Morocco in November 2010, and made his debut for Belgium three months later. Michael Duffy stated last August he was changing allegiance to the Republic national team, but it wasn't processed in time for him to appear in either game in November.
    Shane Duffy's took a long time. IFA seem to drag their feet and make the process as long as possible.

  4. #624
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,099
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    888
    Thanked in
    591 Posts
    Balls.ie sharing that someone called Rice a future Ireland captain on Instagram and Rice liked the comment.

  5. #625
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    17,888
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    884
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,409
    Thanked in
    2,173 Posts
    could mean something, could mean nothing.
    There's another comment on the same photo with the same text that he didn't click "like" on.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

  6. #626
    First Team IsMiseSean's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gaillimh
    Posts
    1,757
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    391
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    281
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    there's no fixed amount of time for a change of allegiance to go through. Nacer Chadli played for Morocco in November 2010, and made his debut for Belgium three months later. Michael Duffy stated last August he was changing allegiance to the Republic national team, but it wasn't processed in time for him to appear in either game in November.
    I'd like to think if he does switch - the FAI mysteriously lose the paperwork and draw it out for as long as possible.

    Yes I'm that rancorous.

  7. Thanks From:


  8. #627
    First Team
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,370
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    53
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    611
    Thanked in
    388 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Balls.ie sharing that someone called Rice a future Ireland captain on Instagram and Rice liked the comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    could mean something, could mean nothing.
    There's another comment on the same photo with the same text that he didn't click "like" on.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsMiseSean View Post
    I'd like to think if he does switch - the FAI mysteriously lose the paperwork and draw it out for as long as possible.

    Yes I'm that rancorous.
    Oh Crikey, we're all getting a little obsessive over Rice. So let's try to give things a "glass half full" view. So even if we do lose him, remember that over the last year we've gained a very decent Championship striker (Robinson), a talented young midfielder playing in the Eredivisie (Crowley) and held on to a teenage striker who has broken through at EPL level (Obafemi) - so I think we're still ahead in the area of recruitment of players with multiple international options... still be great if Rice sticks with us, though

  9. #628
    International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Nottingham.
    Posts
    8,782
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,578
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    878
    Thanked in
    607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Balls.ie sharing that someone called Rice a future Ireland captain on Instagram and Rice liked the comment.
    Maybe he liked the irony of the comment?

  10. #629
    Capped Player DeLorean's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    10,066
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,742
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,881
    Thanked in
    1,842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    And I'm impressed by the simplicity and adroitness of Mick's argument as recorded by DMcD in the Indo
    That's a great pitch by Mick alright, can't do any more than that.

  11. Thanks From:


  12. #630
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,099
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    888
    Thanked in
    591 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Oh Crikey, we're all getting a little obsessive over Rice. So let's try to give things a "glass half full" view. So even if we do lose him, remember that over the last year we've gained a very decent Championship striker (Robinson), a talented young midfielder playing in the Eredivisie (Crowley) and held on to a teenage striker who has broken through at EPL level (Obafemi) - so I think we're still ahead in the area of recruitment of players with multiple international options... still be great if Rice sticks with us, though
    Allow me to delve further into my obsession with this Tweet from the FAI: https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status...472477698?s=19

    Whether it's linked or not, the odds have been slashed into 4/6 that Rice is sticking with Ireland.

  13. #631
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    827
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    17
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    192
    Thanked in
    143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Allow me to delve further into my obsession with this Tweet from the FAI: https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status...472477698?s=19

    Whether it's linked or not, the odds have been slashed into 4/6 that Rice is sticking with Ireland.
    Where have the odds been slashed?

  14. #632
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,099
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    888
    Thanked in
    591 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Where have the odds been slashed?
    Paddy Power. England were 2/5 yesterday. They're 11/10 now.

  15. #633
    First Team IsMiseSean's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gaillimh
    Posts
    1,757
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    391
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    281
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Paddy Power. England were 2/5 yesterday. They're 11/10 now.
    I saw 1/5 being offered last week.

  16. #634
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    827
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    17
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    192
    Thanked in
    143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Paddy Power. England were 2/5 yesterday. They're 11/10 now.
    I can't see or find that on Paddypower. Can you put up the link

  17. Thanks From:


  18. #635
    International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Limerick for now.
    Posts
    7,279
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,112
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,515
    Thanked in
    831 Posts
    Even if it's true, I don't think the bookies' odds reflect anything other than a way to get the punter to part with their money.

  19. #636
    First Team backstothewall's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,995
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    151
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    428
    Thanked in
    284 Posts
    I'm feeling fairly philosophical about it all now. He'll make his decision one way or the other and good luck to him either way.

    Part of me wondering if this is all going to end up as no more than context to him storming out of an Ireland training camp in the Seychelles 2 weeks before the start of the 2022 World Cup after a blistering row with Mick McCarthy.

  20. #637
    Reserves Deckydee's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    902
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    82
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    148
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    I dont know to be honest...what about the tweet from the FAI > (Shirt is from September) https://extra.ie/2019/01/14/sport/so...IXapzA0K7b7FaI

    His facebook profile pic is also interesting > https://www.facebook.com/declan.rice.90

    EDIT: Shirt released in September > https://www.balls.ie/football/new-ir...-201819-396080

    Ireland play Wales in Cardiff in the opening game of the new UEFA Nations League on September 6th. That will be followed by a friendly against Poland in Wroclaw on September 11th. The first home of the new season will be on October 13th against Denmark.

    Rice pulled out around the end of August > https://www.theguardian.com/football...neill-west-ham
    Last edited by Deckydee; 14/01/2019 at 8:02 PM.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

  21. #638
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    17,888
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    884
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,409
    Thanked in
    2,173 Posts
    Photo was taken in June during the games against France and the states apparently

  22. #639
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,099
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    888
    Thanked in
    591 Posts
    It's not a recent photo, nope. His hair is shorter at the moment.

    Obsessive, yeah.

  23. #640
    First Team TrapAPony's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Timbuktu, Mali
    Posts
    1,556
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    460
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    442
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    He has his West Ham contract done and dusted so one would really have to wonder why he is now dragging the arse out of his International situation.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

  24. Thanks From:


Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Declan Boyle
    By Mayo Red in forum Finn Harps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17/01/2006, 6:31 PM
  2. Declan Daly
    By superal in forum Cork City
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19/01/2003, 9:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •