Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Declan Rice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathalsmart View Post
    And saw how first hand how poison it is, according to Shane Supple the coaching is pathetic and the players arent happy as well.
    I read that Times article.
    Supple doesn't say the camp is poisonous and the players aren't happy. I didn't get that at all from what he was saying.
    If anything, I felt he was having a go at the modern day footballer
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    I think if a player is capped in a friendly, he should have to wait a couple of years before he can switch allegiance.
    The player needs to be protected and the country needs to be protected from players straying at their will.

If the friendly rule was in, we could conceivably cap a load of young dual-nationality players to stop them going to another country in a hope they might develop into an international player in a few years, which is unfair to a player.

I hold out little hope for Rice but that little hope is that he proves me wrong.
    Seems like his agent and his Club Owner have his ear at the moment.
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    "Even though Rice’s dad is Irish (as is Harry Kane’s) "

Actually that's a common misconception both Rice and Kane's dads were born and raised in England.

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    "Even though Rice’s dad is Irish (as is Harry Kane’s) "

Actually that's a common misconception both Rice and Kane's dads were born and raised in England.
    It's a common misconception that place of birth or where one spent their childhood has anything to do with Irish nationality law. Any child of an Ireland-born Irish parent is automatically an Irish citizen from birth, no matter where the child is born.

As for Rice, his father is Irish and his mother is English. I'm sure he's feeling torn now that he has to make a decision that will last for the rest of his career. I'm sure he'd like to play for both countries if he could.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brine3 View Post
    It's a common misconception that place of birth or where one spent their childhood has anything to do with Irish nationality law. Any child of an Ireland-born Irish parent is automatically an Irish citizen from birth, no matter where the child is born.

As for Rice, his father is Irish and his mother is English. I'm sure he's feeling torn now that he has to make a decision that will last for the rest of his career. I'm sure he'd like to play for both countries if he could.
    Sorry I stated that' badly, they were born in England and raised in England, but of course they could feel 100% Irish

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathalsmart View Post
    Still you.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Still you.
    If I was you I’d worry about my spelling before going after others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    Brian Kerr stirring the pot on TV3 just now, saying he doesn't think the uncertainty from Rice hasn't come from his agent, or the West Ham owners, or the England setup, and he hopes that nothing happened during Rice's experience with the senior squad so far.

Think that's really out of order from him, he's no idea what caused it, and now he's throwing something else into the mix just to cause trouble for the FAI.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

10. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    DIY SOS is on TV3 now?

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    DIY SOS is on TV3 now?
    sorry, it was Be3, they're showing Champions League tonight.
    Keith Andrews in the studio as well

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Brian Kerr stirring the pot on TV3 just now, saying he doesn't think the uncertainty from Rice hasn't come from his agent, or the West Ham owners, or the England setup, and he hopes that nothing happened during Rice's experience with the senior squad so far.

Think that's really out of order from him, he's no idea what caused it, and now he's throwing something else into the mix just to cause trouble for the FAI.
    He also brought up Keane's bust up with Arter & Walters both of whom are English born players - was Rice also involved?

The plot thickens....

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    There is no plot, just a bitter old man who blow his chance when he got the Irish job.

17. Thanks From:

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    I said it when Grealish happened and I'll say it again, we should tie these players down by throwing them on for the last 30 seconds in a competitive game against minnows.

He could have played at the end of the 2-0 win Vs Moldova, he brought on Maguire for Long in the 85th ish minute of that game when we were already 2 up.

If we tie these players down we know they are stuck with us.

19. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfdh_edmundo View Post
    I said it when Grealish happened and I'll say it again, we should tie these players down by throwing them on for the last 30 seconds in a competitive game against minnows.

He could have played at the end of the 2-0 win Vs Moldova, he brought on Maguire for Long in the 85th ish minute of that game when we were already 2 up.

I don't agree, unless of course the player was totally convinced like McCarthy was and McClean as well. Tying players down for the sake of it is a manipulation and has led to many players landing in an international limbo and is the main reason why some of eligibility rules were relaxed.
    In these matters of English born dual nationals, I'd trust O'Neill emphatically in regards to his sensitive attitude and his action,s as the way these matters should be handled.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfdh_edmundo View Post

I agree. We have to start getting cynical and securing players who show talent. As you say, at least then we will have them. For example, Wales have done it with Brooks, Wilson, Ampadu etc. At least they are smart. We are losing too many half decent players these days that would have made a big difference to us ie. Declan Rice, Jack Grealish, Michael Keane etc. Even Scotland secured McTominay. We need to wake up a bit.
    Last edited by TrapAPony; 28/08/2018 at 10:12 PM.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    Rice was with the U21s for the qualifiers against Norway and Israel at the time of the Moldova game. I don't think anyone was arguing at the time that Rice should have played in the senior game.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

24. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    I called it like I called Jack grealish at the time, in this case knowing if England had a decent world cup and Southgate spoke to him in August he'd have his head turned. While the likes of geysir and Charlie Darwin were coming out with the 'hes ours to lose' burying their heads in the sand.
    After all these years posting on an internet forum I observe you have not evolved one iota in learning the essentials of ethical standards of debate, never mind the odd improvement in grammar.
    If I had written anything so inane as 'hes ours to lose' I would have used an apostrophe. But i know that little inanity is your 100% own invention. AFAIR, I didn't write much in that thread.

Such threads when they are that delicate stage (will he, won't he) are emotive, most every supporter has a deeply held opinion on these matters because perhaps it touches on something more deep than just football talent and ability.
    I do remember writing in the McCarthy thread, during that anxious pregnant pause and was confident in James' allegiance to Ireland, but my opinion on McCarthy was based on Tuff Paddy's excellent contributions way back, not on any long range mind reading.
    It's simple for me in regards to Rice, if the player declares for England then that's the right decision for him, if on the other hand he continues with Ireland, than that's the right decision for him. We have no right to make that decision for him just because it serves our interests. Generally supporters don't like delay, i.e. a player taking time out to be sure, but if precedent has any value, precedent dictates that should the player eventually declare for Ireland, the supporters can quite rapidly get over their angst.

26. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Kerr loves a good stir. To dismiss his agent and Southgate having an influence on the kid is bonkers. It must be because he heard Roy Keane shouting at someone.....that has changed his mind.

Ireland should leave him be now. Don’t go chasing. We don’t want to turn into a stalking jilted lover. I don’t want somebody who is dithering so 100% with Kevin Kilbane on this.

Rice has no guarantee he will walk into the England squad. Walker, Maguire & Stones not easily displaced. He has got to get back into the PL starting 11 for West Ham. Grealish was bound for superstardom when he turned his back on us and had a rocky road - took Steve Bruce to get the best out of him. Grass isn’t always greener.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    After all these years posting on an internet forum I observe you have not evolved one iota in learning the essentials of ethical standards of debate, never mind the odd improvement in grammar.
    If I had written anything so inane as 'hes ours to lose' I would have used an apostrophe. But i know that little inanity is your 100% own invention. AFAIR, I didn't write much in that thread.

Such threads when they are that delicate stage (will he, won't he) are emotive, most every supporter has a deeply held opinion on these matters because perhaps it touches on something more deep than just football talent and ability.
    I do remember writing in the McCarthy thread, during that anxious pregnant pause and was confident in James' allegiance to Ireland, but my opinion on McCarthy was based on Tuff Paddy's excellent contributions way back, not on any long range mind reading.
    It's simple for me in regards to Rice, if the player declares for England then that's the right decision for him, if on the other hand he continues with Ireland, than that's the right decision for him. We have no right to make that decision for him just because it serves our interests. Generally supporters don't like delay, i.e. a player taking time out to be sure, but if precedent has any value, precedent dictates that should the player eventually declare for Ireland, the supporters can quite rapidly get over their angst.
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    Rice has no guarantee he will walk into the England squad. Walker, Maguire & Stones not easily displaced.
    Given his versatility, he's probably competing with Henderson and Dier as much as those three. Cahill and Vardy have retired so that frees up two spots in the squad straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    Grealish was bound for superstardom when he turned his back on us and had a rocky road - took Steve Bruce to get the best out of him. Grass isn’t always greener.
    No, but he was pretty close to a big money move to Tottenham, which might have propelled him into the England picture all by itself. And he's still only 22.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 29/08/2018 at 1:18 PM. Reason: Forgot about change of association paperwork, etc.

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast