Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Declan Rice

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Usually when players want more time to make up their mind, they actually mean more time to wait on a call from England. We need to forget about him and move on. I would say he's blocked the progress of other players but judging by the latest squad, nobody new would have got a look in anyway

2. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Maybe this is a tactic from the English FA to give little England a better chance against us by taking possibly our top 3 player away from us.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    I'm committed to Wales and don't have any interest in going back to England,'' Brooks said. "I wouldn't be travelling across the world if I didn't want to be here. I've just got to work hard here to get in the manager's plans in the future.''
    I had expressed my interest to Wales, but it hadn't come around at the time when England offered for me to go the Toulon Tournament,'' Brooks said. "I had no knowledge of being in the Wales squad, and when the squad came out I'd already made plans to go away with England.
    "It was a misunderstanding on the social media front, and I had to fulfil the agreement I had with England. Thankfully, after that Wales got in touch and it hadn't put them off that I'd played for England.
    "I spoke to Rob Page [Wales U21 manager] and he said 'Just go away and have a good tournament with England' and come down to a camp with us after.
    God, wouldnt be great to hear an English born players Irish player say this kind of thing... a pipe dream.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Grealish, Crowley, Kelly and now Rice have all turned down call-ups now. All while MON has been in charge...

*Technically Crowley's father only spoke to MON about declaring.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsMiseSean View Post
    Grealish, Crowley, Kelly and now Rice have all turned down call-ups now. All while MON has been in charge...

*Technically Crowley's father only spoke to MON about declaring.
    And how many have actually declared? Its nice to see O'Neill is trying to be the professional one in this but in the end nice guys finish last and it looks we will likely be bringing up the rear once again in an eligibility battle.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    The lad is right to take his time. It's a real shame but he is English born.

My feeling is that he is good enough to win a bag load of caps for England and be in their team for a very long time. They are a very good side with a good future. We are a very poor team with potentially a good future in a few years.

I think it is odds on he will play for England.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathalsmart View Post
    And how many have actually declared? Its nice to see O'Neill is trying to be the professional one in this but in the end nice guys finish last and it looks we will likely be bringing up the rear once again in an eligibility battle.
    Robinson and Christie

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Robinson and Christie
    By declare I mean with actual potential to play for England, you seriously think Robinson would play for us if he was good enough for England?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Its very disheartening. His agent has obviously been in his ear and advised him to speak to England and also made him aware of the difference in future transfer fees , endorsements etc etc if he throws his lot in with England which I assume he will do now.
    As disappointing as this is it highlights the fallacy of aggressively recruiting English born players to play for Ireland. There will always be a tug of war over those who are any good and we are wasting time and resources which could be spend on developing Irish talent. Saying that I've not problem with Foreigh born players actively declaring for us and showing interest in playing for us, which I suppose Rice has done by playing for us 3 times.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Disheartening is right. I lost interest in club football years ago. The Ireland team was the last thing that kept me interested. A combination of the negative style of play, the absence of any real quality, guys choosing us because they'd not get near international football for anyone else and now the likes of Grealish, Kelly and Rice... I'm done.

12. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    The one thing that gave me hope was we finally had a player who hadnt ditched us for a change and now that one player has inevitably ditched us...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    disappointing alright. its only going to go one way from here and i cant see a way back for him for us in any case to be realistic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Indeed, there is no way back from this. He should never be allowed to return. This all makes for very sad reading (

Kevin Kilbane - Not happy with decision: https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-37256102.html

Even after poor Gary Breen stuck his neck out: http://www.offtheball.com/Soccer/Gary-Breen-tells-Martin-ONeill-not-to-worry-about-Declan-Rice

So much for this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlmoHW9WwAEepyF.jpg:large
    Last edited by Deckydee; 27/08/2018 at 2:08 PM.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Most likely he will choose the England U21 squad ahead of playing for us competitively. His choice but for me Rice will definitely be worse than Grealish ever was especially having been capped for us 3 times already.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

17. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapAPony View Post
    Most likely he will choose the England U21 squad ahead of playing for us competitively. His choice but for me Rice will definitely be worse than Grealish ever was especially having been capped for us 3 times already.
    I don't think he can play for England U21s competitively until the next campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    All the "IT'S COMING HOME" stuff over the summer has probably had an effect.

20. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    He wore our national team jersey representing our country and our people, I dont care how old he is, he is a grown man and he ****ed us.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    i am surprised that he has opted for the holding area approach of "still thinking about it".
    he must know that there is realistically no way back now.
    its disappointing but i will be over it by tomorrow.... i now know he isn't fully committed to us and that's not the kind of player i want to be supporting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I don't think he can play for England U21s competitively until the next campaign.
    He will probably still choose that over representing us at a senior competitive international.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Lads I know we are shy on premier league players, but can we please show ourselves the respect we deserve as great fans and not take him back, even if he changed his mind now today

Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast