Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2017 squad

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Just thinking about the squad for next season. Does anyone else feel the only thing we may now be missing is a Stephen rice like player? Someone who will put their foot in and break up opposition attacks for us? Let's presume our midfield next season consists of Kelly on one wing and McGlade on the other with Kev O'Connor in the middle I feel we could really do with someone of that Rice ilk to just sit there and let the boys go forward. Maybe Mathews sees Gavin Boyne as that player but from talking to shels fans tackling isn't his strong point and I don't feel Kealan Dillon is a CM player either. Who could we realistically get to fill that role? Is James O'Brien still around? Never got a chance with us under that other fool but did really well with athlone. Could be a good shout and not too costly either
    yep 100% agree that a Rice like player is needed. James OBriens last league of ireland club was Waterford wasnt it? I havent any idea where he has disappeared to.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    yep 100% agree that a Rice like player is needed. James OBriens last league of ireland club was Waterford wasnt it? I havent any idea where he has disappeared to.
    Looked him up there he played 16 times for waterford last season. Not sure what to make of that really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Rumour on our forum linking ye with Stephen Walsh & Enda Curran. Walsh has already confirmed that he's not signing back with us, and we've already four strikers signed so unlikely we'll sign Enda back

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Enda Curran, Davy O'Sullivan, Don Cowan, and Jake Kelly. Very decent front four there by First Division standards if it comes to pass.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Said it on the main forum a few days ago, a lot of Galway lads will be heading this way. Didn't think Curran would be one of them but he's been liked with us every season so wel see if he actually signs. I'm an absoutly MASSIVE fan of Walsh, can do it all. Such an exciting squad been put together

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Enda Curran, Stephen Walsh and Dean Zambra (possibly better known as Mr Stephanie Roche) confirmed on the club site. Curran and Walsh are great signings, don't recall seeing an awful lot of Zambra but Alan would know him from Bray.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Enda Curran, Stephen Walsh and Dean Zambra (possibly better known as Mr Stephanie Roche) confirmed on the club site. Curran and Walsh are great signings, don't recall seeing an awful lot of Zambra but Alan would know him from Bray.
    Wouldn't know a lot about Zambra either but as long as he brings the missus to the matches he's earning a fair wage if you ask me

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    If Enda gets his head right and knuckles down he should score a lot of goals, particularly in the First Division. He was very prolific for us the season before last when we just promoted, think he got in the region of 12-14 goals. In 2016 he didn't seem to be working as hard as he could and was too laid back imo. Wasn't expecting Shane Keegan to retain him and I'm happy enough with who we've got in instead of him.

Walshy is a great signing, most of our supporters would've liked him back. Can play centre half, left wing and up front but is best at left full. Very committed player and wears his heart on his sleeve. Had a bit of mare towards the end of last year but the form of our whole team took a nose dive.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I would expect Curran and Davy to rack up a lot of goals between them all going well. Then there's Jake Kelly, Don Cowan (though he's never gotten as many as he should), Dylan McGlade. Plenty of attacking threat there so we should be worth watching anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    agree with comments on curran, there can be no f*cking about now, he has to come here with the mentality of working hard to win a league title and from what I'm hearing that's exactly what Alan has told him. Him and Davy should hit 50 goals between them no problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Dean Zambra as far as I remember quit loi football to follow his Mrs to USA I think. Cant remember when but I think hes out of football a while. My only concern with Curran is the amount of clubs that he has being with- 2010 Mervue, 2011 Galway Utd 2012 Salthill Devon 2013 Athlone Town up to may 2014 Derry City and July 2014 Galway Utd FC. thats a hell of a lot of moves. I know hes controversial also was it at Athlone Town there was uproar? Stephen Walsh was with old Galway Utd for two seasons from 2010 to 2011 and then Mervue for two seasons from 2012 to 2013. and then back to Galway Utd FC since then.

Its rare that we have three signings in one day. Zambra was with bray a long time since 08 till he quit. Also with Zambra its the second time in our long loi history that we have a surname startin with Z-the other Shay Zellor!
    Its encouraging these signings made today. I had given up on ever gettin Enda Curran!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/ne...-league/id-156

Longford TownClub From ToGavin Boyne Shelbourne Longford Town
    Jack Brady Shelbourne Longford Town
    Enda Curran Galway United Longford Town
    Shane Fagan Cabinteely Longford Town
    Ian Fletcher Athlone Town Longford Town
    Aiden Friel Wexford Youths Longford Town
    Jake Kelly Bohemians Longford Town
    Mark Langtry U.C.D. Longford Town
    Dylan McGlade St. Patrick’s Athletic Longford Town
    Daniel O’Reilly Eastbourne Borough Longford Town
    Stephen Walsh Galway United Longford Town
    Dean Zambra Bishop Auckland Longford Town

I am assuming that Dean Zambras last club was foreign?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Team in the north of England, up near Newcastle I think. His Mrs plays for Sunderland doesn't she?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Player profiles of all the 2017 squad I've put on here...

http://ltfc.ie/senior-squad/
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

16. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234