Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Last day in the Top Division

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Last day in the Top Division

So this is it, last day to see top flight football in Longford for a while. It took 7 years the last time to come back up. How long will we be gone for this time? The way things are going and the apathy towards the club around town, we even see the club to its centenary year in Senior Football. Discuss....
    The truth fears no questions...
    It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who's been swimming naked

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Sounds like there aren't any real money issues so no reason why we couldn't be at least challenging to go straight back up. Alan Mathews' comments on the website would suggest he's building his squad for next year. The atmosphere may start to improve if we get off to a decent start.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    That and the First Division is in an appalling state generally. Drogs were all over the place this time last season and now stand a reasonable chance of going straight back up. A bit of investment in the squad and a manager with even half a brain and Longford will be on the same level as UCD and two of Cobh/Drogs/Wexford. Longford will be capable of a top three finish.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Sounds like there aren't any real money issues so no reason why we couldn't be at least challenging to go straight back up. Alan Mathews' comments on the website would suggest he's building his squad for next year. The atmosphere may start to improve if we get off to a decent start.
    I am not sure. from what I am hearing Waterford Utd look like the time to beat next season. I will believe it when I see it. It has being a tough season for me personally after me being rushed into hospital the day of the last cork city game in turners cross. I have been only to make 50% of the games as I decided to get my priorities right and look after myself and didnt go to a match for two months.

The abuse I have suffered this season has being disgraceful from so called fans online has bein shockin and deplorable and I will never speak to these people again unless I get an apology. There are too many splits in the club. Its a bad sign that the supporters club notes are so negative this week. But its the clubs own fault- no AGM since 2010. If the club want new blood on their board why not call an AGM?

At least there doesnt seem to be a player of the year or goal of the year this year and no club dinner dance as I think nobody would have attended. I have never being so ashamed to be a town fan this year and it will take a long time for things to settle. I know Donald Keogh means well in the town notes about Section O getting their act together but too many bridges have being burnt so maybe now the time is maybe do something different- maybe go to a different area of the ground and rebranding maybe?

In my own eyes the club has a lot of making up to do fast and if they did do it and got new blood on board just maybe I might change my mind..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Never seen his comments on the club website, what did he say exactly? I know from all accounts he wants to bring in 14 or 15 new players. That's going to be an expensive off-season. If we do go straight back up with a new squad at least we will have a chance to build something because this current squad wouldn't have a hope in hell of staying up. Anyway, don't think we should be talking about coming straight back up until we see what we are working with. Dangerous attitude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Just seeing Mathews confirmed for next season. Great news. He will do what's needed over the OFF-season and build this club back up to where it should be. Now to clear out the board room.

7. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Just seeing Mathews confirmed for next season. Great news. He will do what's needed over the OFF-season and build this club back up to where it should be. Now to clear out the board room.
    have you a link to this outspoken? superb news with Mathews.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    have you a link to this outspoken? superb news with Mathews.
    No Marty the leader just tweeted it and will have more on the news in next weeks paper

10. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Pat Flynn said nice things about Rhys and Tristan in his interview on Shannonside, more telling for me was his honesty that managers perhaps should have played them instead of him, fair play to him and the best of luck in his new career

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Ha Matthews is Pony Folks... Can't belive yous are keeping him on.
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.