Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2330

Thread: Transfer Rumours 201X Season

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Lol signing on fee....signing out fee.. wonder do players in his situation get the back money they are owed,,
    He's owed up until his last pay day but effectively goes to the back of the q I think.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    The YDC is one of the best training facilities in the league with a number of indoor pitches which can be opened into one big pitch, full gym facilities etc..

Peak 6 are making slight improvements to Oriel and as the chairman has said recently planning options/ plans have gone in and would be a few months before they got word back.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/f...eney-1-8553476

There must be something wrong here as Kenny Shield speaks calmly about his disappointment on missing out on McEleney and Kellly

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    The YDC is one of the best training facilities in the league with a number of indoor pitches which can be opened into one big pitch, full gym facilities etc..

Peak 6 are making slight improvements to Oriel and as the chairman has said recently planning options/ plans have gone in and would be a few months before they got word back.
    The YDC is decent by LOI standards in fairness but thats mostly because most other places are so bad. The indoor pitches in the YDC are grand for stuff like pre season running and some small sided games but in terms of team training its too small really, the gym is nice too but compare it the UCD's and it could be a lot better and that's all Dundalk have really other than oriel's pitch and the grass one beside it, it's grand but it's not going to have a player from abroad looking at it and going yeah this clubs going places where do I sign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Shiels talking about signing McEleney, Duffy and Kelly is certainly showing ambition but surely all those man hours would have been better spent on the training ground with a defensive coach while waiting for Peers to come back or Seaborne to sign(he could be a very good signing tbf).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    The YDC is decent by LOI standards in fairness but thats mostly because most other places are so bad. The indoor pitches in the YDC are grand for stuff like pre season running and some small sided games but in terms of team training its too small really, the gym is nice too but compare it the UCD's and it could be a lot better and that's all Dundalk have really other than oriel's pitch and the grass one beside it, it's grand but it's not going to have a player from abroad looking at it and going yeah this clubs going places where do I sign.
    Players like Chevdukas,Adorjan, & Tagbajumi? Duffy,Jarvis & McEleney etc you mean

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    There is a little bit more in the YDC with a medical/physio therapy facility, sports science room and video analysis room. The sports science room is very well kitted out and links in with Statsports, but there is a whole lot more there with biomechanic analysis equipment etc. Video analysis is multifuctional with being part of the video capture stuff for biomechanics and also then tactical analysis type stuff. The YDC gym is basic enough but the club was sponsored by a gym that is fully equiped so no need to expand that within Oriel Park currently. There was catering able to be done there but I dont think meal are done inhouse though the players do have lunch I presume in what was the former bar. Like everything else at the club currently its a work in progress but certainly more than the indoor training pitches and an average gym. Lots of scope for adding to!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Players like Chevdukas,Adorjan, & Tagbajumi? Duffy,Jarvis & McEleney etc you mean
    Yea they're definitely there for the facilities alright

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/f...eney-1-8553476

There must be something wrong here as Kenny Shield speaks calmly about his disappointment on missing out on McEleney and Kellly
    Maybe his calmness may be related to his vibrant imagination.

According to today's Info McEleney has said that he got no approach from Derry about a return to the Candystripers

Maybe they did not want to look foolish to UK clubs

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts

Maybe they did not want to look foolish to UK clubs
    Must resist... must resist.. must resist.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Must resist... must resist.. must resist.
    Did he really day that? Have you a link?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    There is a little bit more in the YDC with a medical/physio therapy facility, sports science room and video analysis room. The sports science room is very well kitted out and links in with Statsports, but there is a whole lot more there with biomechanic analysis equipment etc. Video analysis is multifuctional with being part of the video capture stuff for biomechanics and also then tactical analysis type stuff. The YDC gym is basic enough but the club was sponsored by a gym that is fully equiped so no need to expand that within Oriel Park currently. There was catering able to be done there but I dont think meal are done inhouse though the players do have lunch I presume in what was the former bar. Like everything else at the club currently its a work in progress but certainly more than the indoor training pitches and an average gym. Lots of scope for adding to!
    All that stuffs fairly basic in the bigger picture, maybe i said it the wrong way but I meant facilities that are too good for this league, all the stuff that dundalk have just now training wise is good, when they move to amazing ill be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    They would have signed had you trained in a car park, im talking about players the next step up

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Tagbajumi is lucky a club wanted him at all. Hes awful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Agree on Tagbajumi, total waste of a wage, only good news is he was signed on a one year deal. Not even sure anyone would take him on loan. He looked like he had potential, early away game v Rovers, that was about it really.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I remember that match I thought he looked a handful that night. Is he one of these guys who just decided he didn't want to be here or is he just bad

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Did he really day that? Have you a link?
    Dont worry Mr A most of us got it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    I remember that match I thought he looked a handful that night. Is he one of these guys who just decided he didn't want to be here or is he just bad
    He is no Mansaram! At least he tried and was liked for it. Tagbajumi looks indifferent when he plays, like he doesnt get why he hasnt walked in to a LoI club and be top dog!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Dont worry Mr A most of us got it.
    UK club reference?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Heard he didn't even travel to the Spain training camp a few weeks ago, just a case of running down his contract now. Total loss by DFC but that's the way it goes for some (rare) bad recruitment players, most clubs will have at least one every few years, and the player will use it to his advantage of having a full year paid for essentially doing very little. I can't see how he can even play a minor part for the rest of the season.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Cork are on the lookout to strengthen up front - Tagbajumi is the man look at what Maguire did after time at Dundalk!!