Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 66 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2330

Thread: Transfer Rumours 201X Season

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Ah, the old, "he was rubbish, we didn't want to keep him anyway"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Ah, the old, "he was rubbish, we didn't want to keep him anyway"
    not at all. I would keep him. We are **** poor, can't see us doing better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Other Saints I was talking to were raving about him.....oh right I see what you`re doing there.

Waterford being linked with everyone available, are they the new Limerick, Bray or Fingal?
    Big difference between the Fingal and Bray projects and us, neither have/had the support or local backing from local businesses. As for the Limerick it just seems we’re putting our talk into action, which couldn’t be said about Limerick. Limerick seem to be a case of one step forward three steps back the last couple of years. The big difference also is the community as in spectators and the local businesses are behind the club. The club have a stream of revenue coming on match night, for a change the money’s actually in the bank and Power cleared the outstanding debts the club had. Not to mention a football man and a very wealthy man whom also own an English league side owns the club and runs the club. Things haven’t been as bright in a long term, even if it’s short lived, it’ll be worth it as the club looked like it was on the verge of folding before Power took over 12 months ago.

Everyone knows Waterford have money too so it’s easy for players to say ‘Waterford are interested and offered X deal’. More and more players are playing clubs off each other to get better deals. Causes panic and clubs feel they might lose out so try tempt there targets to sign. Sheppard done it to Cork likewise Bolger with Rovers. That’s what happens when more players use agents, only one club could of offered a player a deal of say €800, then the agent leaks to the media Waterford Dundalk are interested in competing with Rovers for player X, Rovers know both clubs have money so the player somehow ends up signing a contract for €1100 when no other club made an offer. Personally I’m against agents at any level of football across the world only interested in filling there own pocket.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    As for the Limerick it just seems we’re putting our talk into action
    It's a bit early in the day to be claiming that your resurgence somehow trumps Limerick's resurgence over the last few years? You've just won the shambolic 1st Division!!
    The big difference also is the community as in spectators and the local businesses are behind the club.
    Limerick also have spectators and local business backing the club.
    Not to mention a football man
    Ah now this is my favourite part... The blinkered belief that because the guy played football he's somehow more trustworthy. Utter tosh! You think the fans of Chelsea, Man city, Monaco or PSG would rather have a "football man" was in charge of their club and not some random billionaire. Would they fcuk.

5. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Personally I’m against agents at any level of football across the world only interested in filling there own pocket.
    Funny that given that Lee Power got his break post-playing as an agent...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Big difference between the Fingal and Bray projects and us, neither have/had the support or local backing from local businesses. As for the Limerick it just seems we’re putting our talk into action, which couldn’t be said about Limerick. Limerick seem to be a case of one step forward three steps back the last couple of years. The big difference also is the community as in spectators and the local businesses are behind the club. The club have a stream of revenue coming on match night, for a change the money’s actually in the bank and Power cleared the outstanding debts the club had. Not to mention a football man and a very wealthy man whom also own an English league side owns the club and runs the club. Things haven’t been as bright in a long term, even if it’s short lived, it’ll be worth it as the club looked like it was on the verge of folding before Power took over 12 months ago.

Everyone knows Waterford have money too so it’s easy for players to say ‘Waterford are interested and offered X deal’. More and more players are playing clubs off each other to get better deals. Causes panic and clubs feel they might lose out so try tempt there targets to sign. Sheppard done it to Cork likewise Bolger with Rovers. That’s what happens when more players use agents, only one club could of offered a player a deal of say €800, then the agent leaks to the media Waterford Dundalk are interested in competing with Rovers for player X, Rovers know both clubs have money so the player somehow ends up signing a contract for €1100 when no other club made an offer. Personally I’m against agents at any level of football across the world only interested in filling there own pocket.
    One of the most ****e-filled posts I've seen on here in a while, and that's a very tough competition to win too.

8. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Simon Madden being released by Rovers, that seems silly to me but in Bradser we trust, very consistent last few seasons and always tried to get up the pitch as much as possible. Decent ball control and pace.......Dundalk i would say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Simon Madden being released by Rovers, that seems silly to me but in Bradser we trust, very consistent last few seasons and always tried to get up the pitch as much as possible. Decent ball control and pace.......Dundalk i would say.
    Couldn't see him coming to Dundalk, he'd hardly see much game time if Gannon was fit. He'd be a decent option on the bench though, but he's better than that I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Disappointed to see him go as he was very consistent , played a lot of games never injured or suspended, I assume we have a replacement lined up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Waterford bound most likely, would be delighted if Pats could get him
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    rumour is Cork are keen

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Any chance he’s told them he’s leaving as he has a better offer and Rovers are spinning it that it was their choice?
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    rumour is Cork are keen
    Haven't they already signed two right backs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Any chance he’s told them he’s leaving as he has a better offer and Rovers are spinning it that it was their choice?

Well I guess if that is the case then they made a choice didn't they, to not match the other offer?

I suspect the truth is simpler, manager has replacement lined up and player is announced as released to stimulate offers from other clubs.
    Good luck to him anyway he has been a good guy for the club, hope he gets a good gig somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Has Beattie resigned for Cork yet?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Has Beattie resigned for Cork yet?
    According to himself on twitter there is only one club in the league he will play for and that’s Cork and he will sort out contract when back from holidays.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    According to himself on twitter there is only one club in the league he will play for and that’s Cork and he will sort out contract when back from holidays.
    Apart from playing with Bohs, Sligo and whoever he signs for next

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    OK so he won't accept a higher offer from any other club?

Only the truly gullible would believe that..........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    "Stevie love will you give me a hand with the suitcases?"

"Two minutes love, I have to badge kiss a small bit on the internet to keep my job for next year."

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I suspect the truth is simpler, manager has replacement lined up and player is announced as released to stimulate offers from other clubs.
    How many of the other 9 premier club managers do you think were not aware of him being out of contract?

My guess is that the number is < 1.

Madden is a class act and you can be sure that he has loads of offers already on the table before Rovers "released" him from his already expired contract