Page 50 of 117 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2330

Thread: Transfer Rumours 201X Season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I think Sheppard is from Malahide area? might suit him travel wise but I wouldn't see him an auto starter, then again he would be a much better option than Tommy Stewart to take on, not even sure if there is much in this link to be fair.
    I'd have Sheppard ahead of Connolly & Mountney in the wide areas for Dundalk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    You obviously haven't seen or read reports on Connolly's last 2 displays, he was outstanding in the second half v Pats and for the time he was on v Drogs, scored in each game and was a constant threat going forward while linking up perfectly with Gannon.

Mountney offers a more physical presence and is more experienced, so its good to have both for options. Sheppard would be another good option, but Dundalk's priority needs are an out and out striker, a central MF man, and a GK to challenge and eventually replace Rogers.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Its easy to look good against the likes of Drogheda when they stand off you outside their own box like that. Has he ever played well against a good side?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Connolly is woefully over-rated. His constant diving is embarrassing too.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Its easy to look good against the likes of Drogheda when they stand off you outside their own box like that. Has he ever played well against a good side?
    It's a fair question - the "good sides" are probably limited to a handful of clubs in LoI and most European opposition and he remains unproven against this type of team so far.

He is certainly not the finished article, but the improvement from when he first arrived is significant. His performances in the last two games has been excellent. If he can continue this level of improvement especially in relation to ball control, work-rate and tactical awareness he can have a serious impact in the next 14 months

Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Connolly is woefully over-rated. His constant diving is embarrassing too.
    Some people over-rate him, so people under-rate him. I think he is an exciting prospect who has a lot of potential. Stephen Kenny tends to make few poor player judgments but time will tell whether he fulfills that potential

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    There was a bit in the Irish Sun today, Dundalk meant to be interested in Shane Supple from Bohs and Karl Sheppard from Cork. I think Sheppard is from Malahide area? might suit him travel wise but I wouldn't see him an auto starter, then again he would be a much better option than Tommy Stewart to take on, not even sure if there is much in this link to be fair.
    Supple wont move usless hes allowed to keep playing gaa so doubt he'll go to Dundalk. I've always liked shep but if hes up front he has to be with someone he cant really be up there by himself, on the wing though he's far better than Connelly, might be behind Duffy but id say he'd start at Dundalk if he went there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Think Connolly had a decent game start of season and scored v Rovers, also gave Gannon a tough few games last season if memory serves me right, I'd agree with Ezeikial, he's far from finished article, but he's adapting quite well and has improved since he joined Dlk in July. He's on 2.5 year contract too, so he can achieve plenty if he keeps working hard.

Dlk won't be taking Supple if he won't give up GAA, but as ever money can be a difference. I think Rogers still coaches gaa part time so there is always a way around these things.
    Last edited by oriel; 14/09/2017 at 9:33 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    His first touch is a foul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Supple wont move usless hes allowed to keep playing gaa so doubt he'll go to Dundalk. I've always liked shep but if hes up front he has to be with someone he cant really be up there by himself, on the wing though he's far better than Connelly, might be behind Duffy but id say he'd start at Dundalk if he went there
    Could have sworn Supple stopped playing GAA this season. I know that Dinny has.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Could have sworn Supple stopped playing GAA this season. I know that Dinny has.
    I heard thats why he didn't go to Dundalk at the start of this season. I know hes taken himself out of the Dublin frame but i thought he was still playing for a club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Karl Shephard to Dundalk seems to be gathering pace, either that or a clever contract negotiation on his part with Cork to get a better deal. He's not an out and out scorer but he has improved significantly on the wing.

What's the view from Cork fans?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Karl Shephard to Dundalk seems to be gathering pace, either that or a clever contract negotiation on his part with Cork to get a better deal. He's not an out and out scorer but he has improved significantly on the wing.

He's just started a night course in ucc apparently and i think he's going out with some lassie from cork so it would be a strange move from that pov.
    Also seen Trevor Clarke linked with Dundalk which made me chuckle a bit, not in a million years will that happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Lol not in a million euro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Shep is one of the best wingers in the league, but he's not a striker. Would be gutted to lose him, but wouldn't exactly be shocked if he wanted to move closer to home. Depends on the money I'd imagine

15. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Heard he is starting a law degree course in UCC and he and his partner who works and lives in Cork City, if that will affect him moving to Dundalk!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    depends what she looks like
    Although the pickings are slim up in Dundalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    depends what she looks like
    Although the pickings are slim up in Dundalk
    They go into hiding when Rovers are in town for fear of being dragged back to the Tallaght slums by their hair...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Conor Clifford (Dundalk out......tomorrow)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    They need to bring in a sensible minimum bet range. We could be playing 5 a side at the beginning of next season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Karl Sheppard to Dundalk seems to be a deal already agreed it seems, to be officially announced after the cup final I`m hearing.
    Last edited by oriel; 19/10/2017 at 12:36 PM.

Page 50 of 117 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast