Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dundalk V Cork City | Oriel Park | Tues 11 Oct | KO 7.05pm

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    “The Dundalk supporters showed their true colours the other night cheering the team off after the 3-0 defeat to Sligo Rovers. I think that’s the first time it has ever happened to me during my career – being applauded off after a 3-0 defeat!
    That's nothing. We've been applauding our players off after 3-0 defeats for months now.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    I'd venture a guess that Caulfield told them specifically to do that.
    Cork City are on the Dundalk coat tails despite rather than because of Caulfield. Cork are a side that even with recent 4 or 5 goals (I can nearly see Caulfield say stop hammering team as goals dont grow on trees) wins still have been held back at key times of the season by the cautious nature of JC. A draw in Oriel would have done him as he believes Dundalk will have to drop points due to the demands on the squad over the next couple of weeks. He would have been better off assuming that Dundalk will finish the season with 4 or 5 wins and decided to grab the game in Oriel by the scruff. As good as Horgan's second goal was he ran 60 yds with the ball as defenders kept backing off and were then split by runners off the ball, the first while there was an element of luck McNulty was weak. At 2 nil the shackles came off the Cork players and chased the game admirably, as it turned out the damage was done and after taking 6 points off Dundalk this season.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    That's nothing. We've been applauding our players off after 3-0 defeats for months now.
    So that's how you got rid of the Brennans. Nicely done!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Nice try but we're not giving up that secret. You'll have to figure out how to get rid of them yourselves next season

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345