Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FAI Intermediate Cup 2016/17

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I was at the game, very good game. It had a bit of everything really. I thought Cobh were the better team. They shot themselves in the foot but I fancied them when it went to Pens. Conor must be disgusted to be sent off for celebrating, especially when he would have taken a pen. I was speaking to a few of them over the last few weeks and I thought they were very over confident. I suppose you couldn't really blame them with the squad they have but it just goes to show that anything can happen in a final. Cobh will have another day if they manage to keep those lads together.
    Fair play to Liffey, very good side, very organised and it was obvious they had their homework done. FAI Junior/intermediate in the last few years is some achievement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    3 huge factors for me in this game were
    1. was chubbs defo offside for the goal that was ruled out !! I didn't think he was offside and the hi lights doesn't show it
    2. john meade going off injured so early upset cobh
    3. fitzy's slip that allowed aido roche get the ball in the first place for the 2rd goal

i just think liffeys got the rub of the green and cobh will feel extremely hard done by some of the lady luck situations that didnt go there way !!
    not sure how many free,s liffeys gave away but it took till around the 55/60 min mark before they received a booking and in my eyes got away with an awful lot

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Fair points Rooster..I didn't think Chubbs was offside for the goal and they certainly didn't get the rub of the green. It doesn't matter now,but it will be interesting to see how they react to this. A lot of investment gone into that squad and they might end up with very little to show for it. It would be great to see them win the league, but it's unlikely now in my opinion.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scissors kick View Post
    the galacticobhs will finish up with the donie forde trophy and the in-house fighting will begin and they will be back in the second division before too long
    Nice one 'scissors kick', you really know how to kick them when they are down!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    http://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/vide...-in-a-thriller

this video shows the goal ruled offside, game of fine lines but i think the linesman could be wrong here

6. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234