Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Harps record profit 4 years running....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Harps record profit 4 years running....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fair dues to them. I wonder though is it better financially to be a top club in the First Division like Harps were or a club struggling at the bottom of the Premier Division ? I would expect Harps to struggle on the field next season.

I really hope their new ground plans come to fruition as they sound really good.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eoinh
    Fair dues to them. I wonder though is it better financially to be a top club in the First Division like Harps were or a club struggling at the bottom of the Premier Division ? I would expect Harps to struggle on the field next season.

I really hope their new ground plans come to fruition as they sound really good.
    There is definately a tough transition, in that you obviously need to invest more financially to compete in the premier. However personally I'm certain its better to be in the Premier - Our gates had gotten very poor in Div 1, even when we were top of the table, and will almost certainly be better. Plus the potential for income from sponsors is much better as the coverage in the Premier is exponentially better than the first.

We're not looking to be finishing in the top 4 or even 6 just yet, we went too far too fast last time and fell apart, I'm confident we can consolidate one step at at time.

TG

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Just wondering...

Per this thread on the league clubs' turnovers as published in the Star, Harps' turnover was E375,000. No less a figure than your good self ( ) said that this bore "no resemblance to reality". Yet, it's only a grand out - rounding, effectively. What happened?

Does this help back up the figures as given for all the clubs at the time, I wonder?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    good point well made..

our income was higher last year, well over 400k, as last financial year included 5 games of the 03/04 season and the extra games for the playoffs.

plus, as somebody i think noted in that thread, the figures in our income for income from lottos, draws, fundraisers, etc are actual, profit from those events, leaving the "turnover" figure artificially low.

In fairness I did think at the time (from memory of last years figures) that our turnover was higher. I'd have said that it would cost almost €0.5m to run us for a year.

As for backing up those figures, our accounts have been published every year for the last 4 years so its easy to have ours nearly right, and the figure given is well less than last years ammount,but surprisingly close to the figure just released yesterday.