Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Premier Division 2016/17

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Ok all that aside... How's the season shaping up? We've seen all the transfers in Alan's preview, anyone else on the move? Who's likely to win the league?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Having read said article and enjoyed AOB,s reports and observations on the games locally i must admit i am very disappointed in it.........you did not throw enough bombs AOB..haha.but whats this people getting upset at a opinionated sourced preview of the coming season?one of the ..allegedly personalized persons in the article is well able to dish out personal stuff...just ask one of Limerick fc,s centre half from last season.its all part of the game get on with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    As always Fairkop, you get it.

Unfortunately poor Patrick Kanyuka wasn't a member of the Limerick Soccer Mutual Appreciation Society. His former manager, who moonlights in Twitter profile pictures from time to time, must be though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Its looks like you really burnt your bridges this time AOB.Your out of your league with the lads that you have upset this time.And for you to ring a club who were probably your only real true friends and supporters and try tell them how to do their business was so unprofessional from a self confessed professional.Dont think the leader will be too happy either with your conduct.Maybe your article on Weds nights may not appear after all.Your days in Junior Football in Limerick may be numbered.Be no loss either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    In what way am I "out of (my) league" with the lads I've upset, can you tell me?

I'm very interested to hear more on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    I would counter that nothing in the article is unsourced or untrue, to the best of my knowledge.

What exactly spurred you to feel that it "went a bit far"?
    Alan
    Janesboro recent signing Mulready signed from Bridge utd not Bridge celtic ..Two different clubs in Clare

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I'm sure you will soon find out.Your sources may be of help to you,thats if you have any left.Your ego has taken a battering from whom you least expected.Your far from a football journalist just a bitter man who likes to have a go at proper football people to get a few likes.Sad really to be honest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    Alan
    Janesboro recent signing Mulready signed from Bridge utd not Bridge celtic ..Two different clubs in Clare
    Thanks; slip of the pen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faceoff View Post
    I'm sure you will soon find out.Your sources may be of help to you,thats if you have any left.Your ego has taken a battering from whom you least expected.Your far from a football journalist just a bitter man who likes to have a go at proper football people to get a few likes.Sad really to be honest.
    Yeah the censors with the thin skin are throwing a lot of threats around through third parties like yourself, alright.

And here was I thinking they couldn't come off any worse.

Sad.

"Proper football people" - what a joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Havent been here in a long time and dont do the Facebook thingy but a mate showed me comments that were made on your article.And i have to say i agree with most of them.If its true you rang Carew Park to discredit their new manager and gave them other options then you have some neck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Of course you agree with them.

I remember you well...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Limerick Soccer Podcast, Ep. 8 feat. Leonard Earls

Feel free to listen and share liberally, especially if censorship is something you're not really that big a fan of. So-called "proper football people", with the thinnest of skins, need not apply...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    Yeah the censors with the thin skin are throwing a lot of threats around through third parties like yourself, alright.

And here was I thinking they couldn't come off any worse.

Sad.

"Proper football people" - what a joke.
    Threats??Are you delusional or just pure paranoid.Where is their a threat on any comment i made??Your the only joke pal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    "Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!"

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the only thing that's sad is a 'journalist' criticising a club for not listening to his advice on who should manage THEIR team. talk about believing your own hype..... also the talk around town is that your're well able to give out a threat or two yourself to certain individuals who have gained respect that you will never achieve. at the end of the day who do you think you are going around saying people's jobs are on the line before a ball is kicked...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    AND........the dead arose and appeared onto many.....HOTSPUR ....where have you been,fai,s ,mjc,leagues and lawsons have been lost or not won[well maybe an odd one] ,your self confessed messiah lost the OT...etc,etc...not a dicky bird and now you once again grace us with your presence and cap it all with the line....:a mate showed me and IF its true.omg jesus wept.........
    Last edited by Fairkop; 15/08/2016 at 5:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Amazing scenes on the No Holds Barred forum again tonight, as the admin John Ryan conveniently deletes everything on this controversy mere minutes after my response (through a third party) to his buddy's butter-wouldn't-melt version of events, in which Mr. Aherne claimed that he simply passed on my details to his boss as promised. Here is my response again, in the interest of both free speech and the truth:

"I was surprised to see a missed call and voicemail from Live95FM's Liam Aherne on my phone when I returned home this evening, having never heard from him before. What could he possibly want from me? Now, having seen Michael Aherne's very skilful twisting of events posted on this very forum, it all makes perfect sense. Liam was of course calling me to corroborate the very same story that Michael has just spun.

The timing cannot be a coincidence; as Mike says a year has passed since we last spoke. Isn't it amazing that this version of events has only surfaced now, and that Mike's boss, to whom he is close, has called me on the exact same day to back it up?

As I explain at the end of my most recent podcast, Mike told me that HE would ring me back about the opportunity that HE pushed me towards. When I asked for Liam's number to speak to him directly, he discouraged me from doing so, stating that it wasn't necessary (that's where my own naivety comes into play). He would get back to me about it; he never did.

Months later, I finally met him in person at Regional United's ground and he couldn't get past me quick enough. The discomfort on his face spoke volumes. At that point I had told no-one of our dealings. But now I had the measure of the man, and I subsequently wasn't shy about sharing it.

Mike talks about this being the first issue with him that has ever "surfaced" in 20 years of covering football. I'm sure most of you will agree, but I know that there are others out there who don't. Beware a wolf in sheep's clothing."

The calculated nature of this campaign against me, including coordinating tonight's phony response with his boss, pressuring Carew into making an ill-advised statement against me, setting his attack dogs in the media and among the Limerick support after me, and shutting down my way of communicating to the junior soccer community at large - all while he polishes his halo "above the fray" - is utterly sickening.

Unfortunately for him, I ain't giving up anytime soon. I never do.
    Last edited by AlanOB; 16/08/2016 at 1:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Ya said i pay an aul visit fairkop to see the aul tripe yourself and your auld pal is spouting.nothing changes here.nice to see yere still around thougj.and as i sad about you AOB you have some neck and nerve.must set up a few accounts so they can read your tripe.oops havent you DC's column on weds now.silly me.YOUR FINISHED.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    AND........the dead arose and appeared onto many.....HOTSPUR ....where have you been,fai,s ,mjc,leagues and lawsons have been lost or not won[well maybe an odd one] ,your self confessed messiah lost the OT...etc,etc...not a dicky bird and now you once again grace us with your presence and cap it all with the line....:a mate showed me and IF its true.omg jesus wept.........
    Have we the same fella?If its who im thinking about im almost certain he has bags of fai's and MJ and Lawsons.You lost a few OT's yourseld didnt you??or maybe im mistaken.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast