Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dave McMillan

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsMiseSean View Post
    This may be my Dunphy Ronaldo moment, but I'm not convinced by McMillan.
    I'd actually agree. He's been pretty inconsistent in his career to date. He's more or less said himself this is probably as good as it will ever get for him in his football career and he'll only consider going full time for an 'astronomical' offer. Having said that, the point I was making earlier is that if, and it's a big if, himself, and the likes of Horgan, perform impressively once again in the playoff round and in whatever group stage they compete in they will almost certainly draw attention from higher level full time leagues. As impressive as Rovers campaign was I don't believe they had the same level of outstanding individual performances, and they were pretty comprehensively beaten in all the group stage games.
    Quote from this interview: http://www.the42.ie/david-mcmillan-d...18978-Aug2016/

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    I'd actually agree. He's been pretty inconsistent in his career to date. He's more or less said himself this is probably as good as it will ever get for him in his football career and he'll only consider going full time for an 'astronomical' offer. Having said that, the point I was making earlier is that if, and it's a big if, himself, and the likes of Horgan, perform impressively once again in the playoff round and in whatever group stage they compete in they will almost certainly draw attention from higher level full time leagues. As impressive as Rovers campaign was I don't believe they had the same level of outstanding individual performances, and they were pretty comprehensively beaten in all the group stage games.
    Quote from this interview: http://www.the42.ie/david-mcmillan-d...18978-Aug2016/
    I never thought for a moment he would be in for a team overseas, it's just harmless idle talk.
    He's 27 and has made strides since settling in with Dundalk to get this good, but even when was making those strides, his progress was greeted with some sarcasm here.
    He does say this
    "where I am at the moment is, as you can see from the last few weeks, it doesn’t really get that much better"
    He's not just referring to his football ability but also everything else, his professional career, the support from his employers, training almost full time with the top team in the league, scoring brilliant goals in european competition to lead his club to a CL play off and all the acclaim with his name hitting headlines in sports pages around europe.
    So yes Dave, where did it all go wrong?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Off the mark in the SPL today in his third sub appearance. Only just back from three months out with injury unfortunately

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    First start tonight, and another goal, from the spot this time.

The new Sammo!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    First of the season today, against Forfar in the League Cup. Be interesting to see how he gets on with a good run in the team. Injury came at a bad time last season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    First league goal of the season today, in his second league start of the season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Second in as many games today to put St Johnstone 1-0 up at home to Aberdeen. Niall McGinn equalised in the second half though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234