Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: End of the Ferguson Era

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

End of the Ferguson Era

well, last night marked the effective end of Sir Alex Ferguson's time in top flight football. Manchester United plc are now light years behind their London betters Chelsea - both on and off the pitch - and are now resigned to a trophyless and slow decline into the sort of territory they used to slag Man City over. It really is some turnaround.

So long old whiskey face, we'll miss your constant moaning, ridiculous over zealous chewing gum technique. Your a dinasaur, old premiership as Chelsea fan Donald Rumsfeld would say. Make way for the new breed - Chelsea FC!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws
    well, last night marked the effective end of Sir Alex Ferguson's time in top flight football. Manchester United plc are now light years behind their London betters Chelsea - both on and off the pitch - and are now resigned to a trophyless and slow decline into the sort of territory they used to slag Man City over. It really is some turnaround.
    Ah come on, worst case scenario United would have to go 29 years trophyless to compare with the liars.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    but do you agree its all over now - we live in changed times - Cantonas Kung Fu Kick 10th anniversary (the high point of Uniteds power) was barely even celebrated this year.....

admit macy the gig is up

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    but do you agree its all over now - we live in changed times - Cantonas Kung Fu Kick 10th anniversary (the high point of Uniteds power) was barely even celebrated this year.....

admit macy the gig is up
    It didn't go unnoticed that's for sure (and btw 1999 was the highpoint - and kickstarted 3 titles in a row, and the most exciting team was the 94 vintage)...

To early to say whether it's the end. United have been written off before, and come back, so I aint going to make predictions. Chelsea have got it right this year, but they've been big spenders for many years now with limited success. We wait and see.

Key point will be when Fergie steps down/ dies, and who is brought in. (We'll see how Jose is liked when he walks out on the rent boys for Old Trafford).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Key point will be when Fergie steps down/ dies, and who is brought in. (We'll see how Jose is liked when he walks out on the rent boys for Old Trafford).
    to me thats practically admitting the balance of power has swung chelseas way - wanting their manager! Ferguson has been bested by any half decent foreigner in the Premiership - Wenger and now Murinho. The quality of Uniteds signings have been so pathetic - Leeds like oblivion I reckon is a year or two away - its been coming.

Conor last night was teh first domestic semi ferguson has lost in england. The game is up. Bring back Big Ron, salvage some pride!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    to me thats practically admitting the balance of power has swung chelseas way - wanting their manager! Ferguson has been bested by any half decent foreigner in the Premiership - Wenger and now Murinho. The quality of Uniteds signings have been so pathetic - Leeds like oblivion I reckon is a year or two away - its been coming.
    I really know I shouldn't fall for it, you WUM...

As a replacement - wouldn't swap Fergie for any other manager if it was a straight choice. If Fergie went, then Mourinho would probably be favourite - Martin O'Neill has a shít style of football.

How do Wenger and Mourinho beat SAF?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I really know I shouldn't fall for it, you WUM...

As a replacement - wouldn't swap Fergie for any other manager if it was a straight choice. If Fergie went, then Mourinho would probably be favourite - Martin O'Neill has a shít style of football.

How do Wenger and Mourinho beat SAF?

i find it hilarious that you'd think a smart bloke like Jose Marinio would leave a mega club on the up for one that is fading rapidly - it just does not compute - but its the old fading club syndrome - ie liverpool fans who think they're still european giants - man you fans seem stuck in the same mode - wake up and witness the decline - SAF is a figure of fun now - the kranky old fart being made a mug of - his ways are finished

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Even when we didn't win trophies, we were still the biggest club. What will change if it happens again? It could be the last gasp of Fergies United (we're certainly in the last gasp of Keano's), but sure we'll wait and see how it plays out - over the rest of the season, never mind the next few years.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

admit macy the gig is up
    You didn't read tuesdays Evening Herald, full page spread on the man entitled 'kicking King - Sealed Legend'

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm55
    You didn't read tuesdays Evening Herald, full page spread on the man entitled 'kicking King - Sealed Legend'
    When looking back on his own career i'm sure its not something Eric will look back on with pride.
    He was a disgrace just as that fool in the crowd was.
    Theres no honour in what he did and no need to glorify such violence.
    What depths will they sink to next in order to relive past glories?
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    When looking back on his own career i'm sure its not something Eric will look back on with pride.
    He was a disgrace just as that fool in the crowd was.
    Theres no honour in what he did and no need to glorify such violence.
    What depths will they sink to next in order to relive past glories?
    Actually, he recently said "kicking the racist" was one of his proudest moments. Simmons got (and continues to get ) what he deserved. I mean ffs, if nothing else for the crap leather jacket, white socks and slip ons....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Even when we didn't win trophies, we were still the biggest club.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jockser
    Look at the attendance figures. Even during Liverpools dominance, United still had the highest average attendance in all but one year (when the Scoreboard end was being redeveloped). That included the Division 2 year.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I've only a passing interest but Chelsea will dominate for a few years now.

Manchester United have too many weaknesses - "unsuitable keepers", ageing players who not motivated to win again (Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Neville) & crap backup players. They need fresh manager & clearout half the 1st team players.

Arsenal have hunger for success but threadbare squad & no cash to buy replacements.

btw only Chelsea have any hope in CL cos solid defense.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    Crowds? But that would make NASCAR racing a much bigger sport than football, and Newcastle United the second biggest team in England...
    I suppose, but would you be claiming that United weren't one of the biggest clubs throughtout the 70's and 80's even when they couldn't win the league? It's all relative I suppose - gate money was a far higher proportion of income for clubs back then. Even now it's a significant amount (Liverpool and Arsenal justifying the new stadium in terms of increased revenue).

btw Isn't Cork's rationale for claiming to be the biggest club in Ireland gates?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    btw Isn't Cork's rationale for claiming to be the biggest club in Ireland gates?

way to split my two main "debates" here.....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Even when we didn't win trophies, we were still the biggest club.
    United weren't one of the biggest clubs throughtout the 70's and 80's even when they couldn't win the league?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I mean, they were the best, now they're second best, along with Arsenal. .
    someone being listening to Sir Alex recently!

I'd love to know how Man Utd are all of a sudden the second best team in England. No championship in two calender years (p.s. they were THIRD last year!), earlier knock out in Europe last season than both Arsenal & Chelsea and behind both in the league this time around??? What planet does Fergie live on and what criteria does he use to suggest they are the second best! Makes me laugh all the same, great manager but a complete fool at times.

Sure they may finish second or win a european cup this year (quite possible) but to suggest their the second best team in english football at present based on the last season and a half of football is laughable! Not knocking the team and anyones a fool to write them off but when you look at the reality of the situation the superiority complex their manager shows at times is gas. I'm sure it was another of his 'mind games' and he is more wise than that but makes you wonder at times if he actually does believe their own media hype just like some Arsenals fans did after last year. Utd are a great club with a great manager & players and I'll always stand by that - it's just 'great' doesn't always have to mean 'best' or '2nd best' and it would be nice to not have to listen to this BS all the time!

The Hype in English football is getting way out of hand - the same journo muppets backing Chelsea now where backing Arsenal to win everything in October and Utd to come back and do the bisness in December! Wouldn't it be refreshing for a journo to stick his neck on the line early with one team and say yeah i got it wrong, really thought they'd win it but the other team proved me wrong, fair play, they're not the best team after all.
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm sure it was. Up there with charging £60k for the Munich testimonial.

Is a ManU fan who shouts 'frog' at Wenger, Vieira, Pires, Henry etc. etc. as racist as Matthew Symonds? Do many of them get banned?
    not to mention the sickening 'sit down you paedophile' chants directed at Wenger continously now for 6 years by large sections of the OT crowd. Not saying Arsenal fans are saints, far from it, but this has been audible on tv every season and nothing been done about it.
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    No no, just that crowds shouldn't be the single defining factor. ManU were one of the biggest clubs in the 70s and 80s because they patently...were
    I agree, but some people need proof, and that's the best tangible I can think off of the top of my head.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast