Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2016/17

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Only 7 lads showed up to Oscar Traynor training Friday night.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    That is v poor numbers but is Friday night a good night for training with most club training on a Friday.if the big players from top clubs don't start committing I would worry for that team. It's a shame really considering desmond were in semi final one year and won it in 08..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Some players involved with the big clubs don't give a flying fiddlers about the Oscar traynor. Shame really

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Just saw the fixtures for this weekend and saw that the Oscar traynor team are playing Saturday night at 7.30pm

Would that mean that there are no players from abbeyfeale playing because they are away to nenagh on Sunday and Broadford are home to ballingarry on Sunday too!! No Broadford players either??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    It would appear to be the case. Cant understand guys not wanting to play in it. You wouldn't see a gaa player turn down a call up for his county. I can understand if fellas are working shift or away but really can't understand a player not wanting to bother to represent his league and be thought of as one of the best players in it. Baffling

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I'm delighted that the league have a team in the Oscar Traynor again this season... provides every player in the league with a chance to perform at an even higher level. Shame that there are so many missing (especially the Abbey contingent) and must say i'm shocked that some of the teams providing players are being asked to play on the Sunday, don't think that ever happened before.
    I don't think you can say they don't give a fiddlers, personally i'd be very surprised if players from Abbeyfeale, Broadford & Newcastle West didn't want to play, I just dot know what the story is...

On another note what about the 6-6 draw between Glin & Newcastle West...that game had some entertainment value!
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YA BEAUTY! What a hit son... what a hit!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    That's a terrible team. 6 players from outside the premier division. 1 Broadford player in the team and 2 Newcastle West players in the squad and not 1 Abbeyfeale? Where is Mike O Keeffe and last year's premier division player of the year Shane Stack? Sean Mcsweeney should also be in the squad. Ray lynch and Joe Mcauliffe from Broadford? One or two more from ballingarry. League is a joke

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyfootball View Post
    I'm delighted that the league have a team in the Oscar Traynor again this season... provides every player in the league with a chance to perform at an even higher level. Shame that there are so many missing (especially the Abbey contingent) and must say i'm shocked that some of the teams providing players are being asked to play on the Sunday, don't think that ever happened before.
    I don't think you can say they don't give a fiddlers, personally i'd be very surprised if players from Abbeyfeale, Broadford & Newcastle West didn't want to play, I just dot know what the story is...

On another note what about the 6-6 draw between Glin & Newcastle West...that game had some entertainment value!
    the Glin vs Newcastle West game must have been good with plenty of goals but must have been terrible defending.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Absolutely great work shearer with previews for every game and round up of all games in the league also. Great credit and work. Everyone of us will look forward to reading them every week

11. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    Absolutely great work shearer with previews for every game and round up of all games in the league also. Great credit and work. Everyone of us will look forward to reading them every week
    Yeah, agree totally, great to see plenty life in this thread again, brilliant.

13. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyfootball View Post

As far I am aware, each team had the option to play on Sunday knowing that the Oscar Traynor game was on sat night, most said no but some said yes. If the widespread rumours are true though that the Abbey lads were instructed not to play then that is shocking and a disgrace

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Heard tonight that abbey had two fellows out of the 7 at training last Friday nite and manager was told after he could not pick any players from abbey as there munster cup game had to go ahead. A disgrace if true and shows total disrespect for Oscar traynor management team an players.. can anyone confirm?

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie C View Post
    Old Mill were struggling to field a side for the last couple of seasons and after back to back relegations it was kind of inevitable they would fold. Always a pity to see a club go.
    A pity, yes. I remember playing for the Old Mill '95 / '97 time, either their first & second seasons or their second & third, cant say for sure. Great crew of lads and some laugh we had. But I do remember plenty at training, and several lads griping when they were getting no game come Sunday, I even remember us having a game of ball of a Christmas Day one time and there being a good few for that even. A shame they are gone.

18. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    0-0 at Clounreask at half time. Even game so far with few chances.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie C View Post
    0-0 at Clounreask at half time. Even game so far with few chances.
    what is the team line up?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    0-0 full time, draw probably about right, Desmond's had slightly more possession but few clear-cut chances in game, Desmond's had two, West Cork had one. Team:Purcell, Brouder, O'Shea, Lynch, Quilligan, Joyce, Van, Kelly, Hartnett, P Nash and D Nash. Subs used: Smith and Gallagher

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Limerick district beat kerry 3 0. It's a pity we did not get all 3 points. U would expect to beat the west cork lge at home. Well done to all.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was at the match Desmond had good chances should have won really, could have done with a few more quailty players like brosnan from broadford and quaid from Ncw, Desmond's bench looked weak, Purcell in goals was very dodgy, Gayer should be on instead of him seen him play from Drom and feenagh very good young goalie.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast