Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2016/17

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I see fixtures are out. Abbey away to glin is mouthwatering fixture.also great to see carrig beat neighbours and big town rivals Newcastle west.. who are Oscar traynor managers. I hope it's someone with good experience as there is quality players there and need to be managed properly. Let's hope clubs and league back players and management.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Not sure just yet but I'm hearing pj Kinsella may be involved

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Pj Kinsella and Brian Barry

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Oh my God!!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Pj is well known. Good manager. Don't know the other lad though? Best of luck to them

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Did anybody notice on the league website st itas are in division 1 and granagh division 2, when you look at the tables?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I'm fairly confident you do know the other lad ballistinian lad, a lot more than you might let on. Tried his hand at refereeing and wasn't actually that bad. Definitely not management material though. Can't see our best players playing for them

I think rathkeale will win premier this year. Shannonside to win division 1. I hear rockhill have no team, these players will surely filter to granagh team making them very strong and potential promotion candidates. Ak utd and pallaskenry to go down. Breska were in the running for promotion last season and just gave up, I'd say they're happy staying where they are. Don't see kildimo doing much either

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I didnt but I found out one of the lads played for him for Pallaskenry before. Young lad. Done well with Pallas. Kept them up. Went to Ballysteen and was part of the team that won the league and sheild double. A bit too nice he said though. Struggles to criticise players.
    I would argue that the best players should be proud to represent the league and it shouldn't matter who's over them.
    I hope they do well. They have put themselves forwards when no one else would

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Premier Division
    Winners: Abbeyfeale
    Runners Up: Rathkeale/Newcastle AFC

Division 1
    Winners: Shannonside
    Runners Up: Kildimo Utd

Division 2
    Winners: St Ita's
    Runners Up: Askeaton/Ballysteen

Division 3
    Winners: Newcastle B
    Runners Up: Ferry Rangers/Creeves

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Division 1: Feenagh 2 Glantine 3

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistinianlad View Post
    Pj is well known. Good manager. Don't know the other lad though? Best of luck to them
    Jaysus lad,95% of your posts are about either pallas or ballysteen and you never heard of brian barry,gas man.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
    Jaysus lad,95% of your posts are about either pallas or ballysteen and you never heard of brian barry,gas man.
    Didn't want to seem bias really lad ha. Used to play for both teams until the cruciate gave up on me. Only played for him for Pallaskenry though. Long time ago now.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Any club have any run in with the new rules yet?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbrown View Post
    I'm fairly confident you do know the other lad ballistinian lad, a lot more than you might let on. Tried his hand at refereeing and wasn't actually that bad. Definitely not management material though. Can't see our best players playing for them
    Who are our best players/team these days lads. The majority of the team that played Oscar Traynor for the past 10 years are gone

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ballistinianlad come out of the fog, you must think we camedown in the last shower. With a name like that and your post you are clearlysomeone who has been involved in Ballysteen and in Pallaskenry, so I am prettysure you must have had plenty of contact with one of our new interleague management.

Regardless best of luck to the two new lads involved withthe team, I think everyone here agree we should be entering the Oscar Traynor. It’snot as if anyone else was willing to give the time. They now have the difficulttask of getting the best players within the league to play for them. It will bevital to centralise training so that players will be willing to travel for training.

As said by poster above, who would be good enough to makethe squad?

You would have to feel for the referee’s with the new rulesFifa have really backed them into a corner with these one, I haven’t seen agame this year with it. But if the premier league was anything to go on lastweek, it will certainly be fun.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runinglate View Post
    Ballistinianlad come out of the fog, you must think we camedown in the last shower. With a name like that and your post you are clearlysomeone who has been involved in Ballysteen and in Pallaskenry, so I am prettysure you must have had plenty of contact with one of our new interleague management.

Regardless best of luck to the two new lads involved withthe team, I think everyone here agree we should be entering the Oscar Traynor. It’snot as if anyone else was willing to give the time. They now have the difficulttask of getting the best players within the league to play for them. It will bevital to centralise training so that players will be willing to travel for training.

As said by poster above, who would be good enough to makethe squad?

You would have to feel for the referee’s with the new rulesFifa have really backed them into a corner with these one, I haven’t seen agame this year with it. But if the premier league was anything to go on lastweek, it will certainly be fun.
    I think the hardest task is getting the best players to commit to it imo. Joyce from ncw rovers would be a shoe in I would imagine. Players like Keith hartnett from Rathkeale could add vital experience. There's several quality lads in premier. But getting them to commit has been an issue the last few years.
    Best of luck to the two lads anyway. Kinsella has been in the game a long time and it's good to see a young lad willing to put his hand up. Regardless who it is.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Best of luck 2 PJ and Brian.nobody eles wanted 2 do it.I think everyone should get behind them

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Any predictions for tomorrows games?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Whats going on with Newcastle West anyone? Lost to both promoted teams already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rathkeale gave Ballingarry some beating... anyone know what happened there?
    Newcastle West losing their first 2 games, bit of a shock to me... I know Tony Quaid is injured and obviously a huge loss but still very surprising results, not sure what's happening there.

Great to hear the Oscar Traynor is back too... considering we won the competition not so long ago! Best of luck to the 2 lads, hopefully they get the commitment!
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YA BEAUTY! What a hit son... what a hit!

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast