Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where do we go from here?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Cousins made the fair point that they wouldn't be match fit yet so hopefully they'll improve.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Sully has a fantastic first touch when his confidence is up however sadly over the past 2 seasons cousins has slowly but surely drained that out of him and he's become a bit part player for long periods.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Sully has a fantastic first touch when his confidence is up however sadly over the past 2 seasons cousins has slowly but surely drained that out of him and he's become a bit part player for long periods.
    this is the season that you are referring too 2014 first division

Team Name Home and Away
    P W D L GF GA GD Pd Pts
    Longford Town 28 18 6 4 56 19 37 0 60

Sully or any of the strikers haven't had a play maker since then, and we lost 4 matches yes 4, I still think Gorman could make a difference for the rest of the season back in midfield, as he was then, I would like to see Hughes and Gorman play together with whoever you fancy yourself with O Connor as an impact sub for 20 odd minutes
    What have we got to lose, we have to take a gamble and do something, we did ok against Sligo but draws won't catch Bray the best we can hope for at the moment is a play-off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    The goal is to stay up not cafe bray let it be a play off or not to achieve that no one cares, we'd all take a play off now. Gorman was our best player the other night faultless throughout he is a CB now not a CM player. Agree that we have no playmaker, can you imagine Ryan Connolly in this team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Longford were unlucky not to win tonight - we were terrible in the first half particularly. We only played for around 20 minutes in the second half. You were a lot more impressive than Wexford Youths against us and I can see you picking up enough points to get the playoff place.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Galway had enough chances to win comfortably tonight but lacking that needle up front strangely enough given Faherty's from. Ludden was putting in crosses begging to be put in and only for poor finishing from Curran in particular it could have been at least 3 or 4-1. Yeah we missed chances too and the ball didn't bounce our way at times but when you allow man to stand free on the edge of the box and pass the ball into the net you don't deserve anything. Everyone in the stand was roaring at cousins to put someone on the Galway player but amazingly himself and his coaching staff couldn't see it and we paid the price. Rumours were if we lost tonight there was going to be a vote on Tuesday as to whether cousins stays or not, why should that change? They haven't a f*cking clue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    I honestly think you're being slightly harsh, you bossed the first half and created all the chances. It isnt by luck that players like Connolly were kept quiet, you played well. After you scored, you took your foot off the gas and I agree Ludden made a huge difference for us, which is strange because hes a fullback, not a winger. There was some poor finishing from us, but you also couldve stolen it at the end as well to be fair. On the whole I think if we won, it wouldve been robbery and a draw was fair.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    I never felt like we were going to win the game once we conceded.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I never felt like we were going to win the game once we conceded.
    Neither did I, I couldn't believe no one ran to close down either the pass from the free kick or especially the shot that scored the goal basic school boy errors (not the first time we have conceded from similar plays)
    While Coulter did really well for a couple of saves I thought he was very poor on the whole,
    not much end product from Cowan for all he running about looking busy, but to be fair at least he won some headers,

I don't know why Dillon was taken off but we missed him when he went and also Mc glynn, Connolly did nothing in midfield when they were in midfield and as a result neither did Galway the match turned with the changes and not in a good way,
    probably another very valuable point and at least we played a bit and didn't lose
    That's the way I saw it anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Dillon was injured he was getting treatment on the bench when he went off. Gannon was pathetic when he came on, pulling out of tackles like he does every week and hiding from the ball. I know he's not a young player but he's here a year now and every single week he's pulling out of tackles and not wanting the ball. I personally believe that's because he's playing as a defensive midfielder even tho he can't tackle, I think he has the brain to play much higher up the park where at least if he loses the ball there's no damage done and Hel want to get on it more and pick passes out, like he done for Josh's goal in the first game down in Wexford.

We were never ever ever going to keep a clean sheet so why he didn't take Eddie off and put sully and Duffy on with 30 minutes left and not 15 minutes is beyond me. Same script every week, leave the lads on the bench until it's too late for them to get into the game.

If Wexford win on Monday its curtains for us. Agree with you that coulter made good saves but his overall game is atrocious as you said. Afraid to come off the line, which almost cost us at the very end, and won't communicate with his back 4, not that any of the rest of the team communicate with each other anyway. We've no leader at all.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I thought we played ok overall but didn't cope with Galway's tactical changes once we scored. We could easily have lost. From a first look at the new lads, Yann looks a decent enough addition an obvious threat at set pieces. Dsane worked hard but didn't have much impact aside from the effort that hit the post. Davy and Duffy should have been put on earlier as himself and Don were tiring. Didn't notice Coulter doing too much wrong to be honest.

Overall we've improved but I fear it's too late. Where are the wins going to come from?
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

13. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    I thought that Yann was poor in defence for a person over six feet four he wouldnt go for headers which is shockin.. I thought that Coulter was massively improved from when I last saw him in Derry.. Haverty had a superb game for us along with Don Cowan.. The marking for our goal was amatuer to be honest.. Its the first time all season we have had two positive results in the league but its way too late for us now.. But I would accept us playin like this for the end of the season as we are goin to go down anyway..Kaleem also had a great game for us also. the way he took his goal was immense.. It was stupid for Davy Sully to be sent on with 89 mins on the clock.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Good old Pats done us a favour there

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    In fair to Cousins, he was shouting at someone to go to the edge of the box for the free kick that lead to the goal. Losing Dillon so early effected their play but there are more positives than negatives to take from the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Phillip Coffey was sitting behind me in the stand, he would have never allowed that if he was on the bench he use to have panic attacks on the sideline if he saw anyone slacking from set pieces. Ever since he left we've become one of the most vulnerable teams in the country from set pieces. People constantly winning free headers and this kind of stuff happening. Gary Cronnin's a lovely guy but I've never seen him raise his voice once on the sideline.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Phillip Coffey was sitting behind me in the stand, he would have never allowed that if he was on the bench he use to have panic attacks on the sideline if he saw anyone slacking from set pieces. Ever since he left we've become one of the most vulnerable teams in the country from set pieces. People constantly winning free headers and this kind of stuff happening. Gary Cronnin's a lovely guy but I've never seen him raise his voice once on the sideline.
    yep you are dead right Gary is way too quiet.. Wish Graham Lawlor had stayed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    yep you are dead right Gary is way too quiet.. Wish Graham Lawlor had stayed!
    As good a coach as Lawlor was we were hopeless from set pieces with him as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    As good a coach as Lawlor was we were hopeless from set pieces with him as well.
    as you had said elsewhere Philip Coffey was at game other night and should never have being gone from us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    as you had said elsewhere Philip Coffey was at game other night and should never have being gone from us.
    He wasn't a f*cking yes man hence why cousins got rid of him. Himself and Lawlor didn't end on good terms either. The man would fall out with his own shadow

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Gannon and Hughes are the definition of passengers and end up sucking the life out of our game. M'Vita, Dsane and Makouta played well especially. Makouta wanted to play and always made himself available. Dsane did well for Sully's goal.

25. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast