Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: any reports on last nights meeting apart from...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

any reports on last nights meeting apart from...

...the licence and Lally.
    New players????
    players gone??
    investment???
    ground development??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Foot.ie! The main point of last nights meeting

was to outline the future of the new entity with the outlining of a five year plan to ensure our promotion and retention of a place in the premier and then to be challenging at the top end of the premier.

There is a strong structure set up now that encompasses 6 different commitees including an executive comittee which will be in charge of day to day affairs and a board of Directors drawn from all areas of the Business,Football and community sections of Galway City & County.

There is plans for future development of the town side Stand and the footing stone on same is laid with all the facilities contained therein but as the Government and FAI are not handing out development grants at the moment that is stalled.

Players Gone: Robert Forde,Adrian Carberry,Derek McCarthy and Damien Dupay who is a big loss but Damo wanted to play Premier Football and wouldnt even enter negotiations over terms with United.

Players In:As the manager was only appointed last night details of new signings werent available although Lal told the meeting last night that he has players earmarked and will pursue them from today. Ciaran Kelly the ex Sligo Rovers,Derry City Keeper and Ballinrobe native is reported to be already signed but no official confirmation.

The launch last night was the best ive ever attended and more encouragingly over 150 people turned up over 3 times as many as any previous season launch.Well done to Niall O'Reilly in particular for a tremendously professional performance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Agree with everything you said there gufct. I arrived late last night and to see such a crowd when I was expecting 50 -60 (the norm) it was fantastic and proof that the club is about to take off!

I was delighted to see Niall's name up on the screen as chairman, a man who is very easy to talk to and get on with, BUT ALSO, a man I believe loves the club just as much as any other supporter, is a true football supporter and not some business man looking for a quick earner.

I didn't hear any new names going around but I did hear that we have friendlies lined up against Bohemians, harps, Derry, Drogheda and Cork (all at home, either in terryland or the drom) which would be the best preseason friendly line up I have ever seen for the club.