Thread: City fail to get Premier League Licence

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down City fail to get Premier League Licence

According to http://corkcityfc.ie/forums/index.php?showtopic=986

we have failed to get a Premier League Licence...
    If this is true, whats going on????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Surely not
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I never look at that forum. Whose stirring that? Reliable poster?

Sounds like sh!t to me.

How could city get licence last year, improve ground & organisation &not get one this year.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    I never look at that forum. Whose stirring that? Reliable poster?

Sounds like sh!t to me.

How could city get licence last year, improve ground & organisation &not get one this year.

Well the guy who posted it is normally reliable and doesn't usually try and silly sh*t.....

from http://www.soccercentral.ie

The Football Association of Ireland will hold a briefing for members of the media on Club Licensing at 11.45 am, tomorrow, Tuesday, 25th January 2005 in 80 Merrion Square.

The First Instance Committee met on Saturday and it is believed a number of clubs had some difficultly in meeting the criteria set out in the Club Licensing Manual.

There are reports that two Premier Division clubs failed to secure the necessary nod but no confirmation in that regard has been notified.

It is understood that only those clubs who qualified for European Competition were considered for European Licences while a number of high profile clubs have reportedly had difficulty in meeting the standards and conditions laid down to secure the necessary licence particularily in relation to the Finance and Legal criteria.
    Last edited by patsh; 25/01/2005 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Added the soccercentral piece

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ground problems and the like could be easily fixed.

I hope its nothing to do with administrative, taxation or financial matters. Lets face it - not one of us really have a clue about how city perform in these matters. My gut feeling is that it will be something small and can easily be rectified.

The only thing i can think of with regard to the ground is the LUX value of the floodlights.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This isnt good news, but none of us know the facts, as none of were there putting together our application.

I just hope it is a small administrative error, which can be rectified quickly.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A few mbs are saying that the majority of clubs didn't get the licence.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    according to the frontpage of corkcityfc.ie, we failed on two grounds, legal and finacial, on two VERY small technicalities, for example copies rather than oriiginals of documents were submitted. nothing to worry about.
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruairi
    according to the frontpage of corkcityfc.ie, we failed on two grounds, legal and finacial, on two VERY small technicalities, for example copies rather than oriiginals of documents were submitted. nothing to worry about.
    Yeah, I'd say it's only a couple of minor glitches alright. The club were extremely confident that we would get it so I can't see there being any serious problems.
    Champions!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what's the story with the eufa license? do we have to get that as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "Cork City FC has been denied a premier licence, for minor technical reasons in two areas: Legal and Financial."

If they've been denied a Premier licence than a euro license would be out of the question

where does this leave our clubs in europe??????

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws
    "Cork City FC has been denied a premier licence, for minor technical reasons in two areas: Legal and Financial."

If they've been denied a Premier licence than a euro license would be out of the question

Minor technical would mean i assume that they can be easily fixed. Should be no problem.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AS far as I know, the first step was to get the Premier licence, then the extra criteria for the UEFA licence was to be addressed within the next few months?

If we, or any other club, was refused a licence on such petty grounds, the FAI have sunk even lower into arseh*ledom. Surely thye could have looked at all applications, sifted out the ones with minor problems, given the clubs a few days to sort those out, and then go public with the whole thing. Now, again, it's going to look like some shoddy, underhand deal to get the clubs thier licences, and another PR disaster.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    All of this licensing stuff goes over my head really, what in simple terms does it mean if City did not get a Premier License? They can't operate in the Premier Division from Turners Cross?? And the same about a Uefa License...

I know it's only a minor detail anyway and will get sorted but all this licensing carry on has left me a confused man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    AS far as I know, the first step was to get the Premier licence, then the extra criteria for the UEFA licence was to be addressed within the next few months?

If we, or any other club, was refused a licence on such petty grounds, the FAI have sunk even lower into arseh*ledom. Surely thye could have looked at all applications, sifted out the ones with minor problems, given the clubs a few days to sort those out, and then go public with the whole thing. Now, again, it's going to look like some shoddy, underhand deal to get the clubs thier licences, and another PR disaster.....

while i agree with you that delaney is an absolute thundering pr1ck bastid - cork failed on two of the five main criteria - they than issued a spin on their website to calm the fans - god knows what will happen on appeal and what happens if some are in and some are out - we do the hokey cokey delaney and thats probably what he's all about....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    not ONE of the 22 clubs got a licence......

http://breakingnews.ie/2005/01/25/story186272.html
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We see how serious the issues are when City appeal...
    *I presuming they are*

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    According to official website, club are confident of getting licence on appeal on Feb 9th.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse
    All of this licensing stuff goes over my head really, what in simple terms does it mean if City did not get a Premier License? They can't operate in the Premier Division from Turners Cross?? And the same about a Uefa License...

I know it's only a minor detail anyway and will get sorted but all this licensing carry on has left me a confused man
    If Cork failed the ground requirements, they can't play in Turner's Cross, but can play in any ground which has the Premier requirements.

If they failed legal or administrative, it means they can't play in the Premier full stop.

That's the theory at least. The reality, as we saw last year, is different. You can download the manual on the FAI website somewhere - 100+ pages, but the first few are all you need to get an overview.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    MANUAL

it's taking me ages to download....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast