Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Fixtures 24th June

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts

Fixtures 24th June

Longford 0-1 Harps HT

Poor game. Shocking crowd. Maybe 180-200 here at most. 70/80 Harps fans between main stand and behind nets.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    351 official attendance. Something's got to change as there's only one place we're headed at the moment.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    351 official attendance. Something's got to change as there's only one place we're headed at the moment.
    France? Sure everyone else seems to be there.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    No more 351 at it than the man in the moon. 200 would be pushing it. Club not listening to the fans on anything from the manager to the fact you can't buy a drop of merchandise. Waste of time even going out there to be honest.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Decent enough match in Oriel tonight.Dundalk always looked like they would wear down a tight Pats rearguard and thankfully did so in the last 30 mins.Dundalk on top for most,McEleney motm.Did he go off limping?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    No more 351 at it than the man in the moon. 200 would be pushing it. Club not listening to the fans on anything from the manager to the fact you can't buy a drop of merchandise. Waste of time even going out there to be honest.
    Sad state of affairs. It wouldn't take much to keep people engaged and supportive but there just seems to be a lack of enthusiasm from all involved. You'd hardly know there was a match most weekends and nobody from the club seems to want to make an effort. I won't pretend to be in any way knowledgeable about what's going on these days but I can only assume that the money to keep the show on the road is coming from one man as there doesn't seem to be any fundraising or significant sponsorships aside from Phil Munnelly/City Calling which isn't going to keep a team on the field on its own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    We set our stall out the only way that we could get something from the game. I was content enough with the performance we never looked like hurting Dundalk but I never thought we had any chance of winning up there anyway. We went for the draw and gave getting one a decent go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Sad state of affairs. It wouldn't take much to keep people engaged and supportive but there just seems to be a lack of enthusiasm from all involved. You'd hardly know there was a match most weekends and nobody from the club seems to want to make an effort. I won't pretend to be in any way knowledgeable about what's going on these days but I can only assume that the money to keep the show on the road is coming from one man as there doesn't seem to be any fundraising or significant sponsorships aside from Phil Munnelly/City Calling which isn't going to keep a team on the field on its own.
    You'd have to wonder how much longer Munnelly will want to associate his name with this sh1te, especially if we go down as his CCS brand will lose a lot of TV time and publicity. It's well known he wanted cousins out about 3 seasons ago. It seems everything rests with the chairman but he's no interest in making the call and the rest of the board are a bunch of yes men who won't put any pressure on the chairman to make the decision. Il probably get slaughtered for saying this but it's the truth, I've heard some crazy stories out of that board room about board members refusing to voice their concerns and just agreeing on everything.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    We set our stall out the only way that we could get something from the game. I was content enough with the performance we never looked like hurting Dundalk but I never thought we had any chance of winning up there anyway. We went for the draw and gave getting one a decent go.
    I thought Pats looked dangerous enough when attacking Grimes at left full. Conan Byrne had the beating of him. However, it is difficult to score if Fagan is on the bench. I presume that was due to the European match coming up. Compared to some of the Pats games I've seen on the TV, this looked a decent performance. A lot of energy, closing people down, no shortage of work and endeavour. Pats just needed that bit of additional quality.

So so performance from Dundalk. McEleney was a class above everyone else and looks very fit and strong. I don't like Finn in that deep position and would prefer to see Benson alongside O'Donnell. We need to sharpen up a lot before the Champions League game. And we desperately need Massey fit again.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Sean McSweeney goal side, last night's Cabinteely Limerick must have been one of the poorest games of the year. Cabinteely's oldest player was 21, and they were hopelessly outmatched, but Limerick were uninterested after going 2-0 up. Horrible stuff.

Don't know what Cabinteely are hoping for - no more than 100 people at the game, and probably 50-60 from Limerick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Hard to believe there was a full round of fixtures played last night given how quiet it is here.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Awful game in the showgrounds. 2 poor teams. We need to get someone to play up front in the July window.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    It takes me a lot to be sincerely disinterested but I am. I am disilussioned with everything-the supporters club, treatment of one of our great fans who worked socks around the town doing lotto and puttin posters and all he got was abuse from certain supporters club members which I find disgusting and distressing. I am depressed with no atmosphere in section o anymore. I am annoyed with the fact that our fans are not being listened to. I am annoyed that there hasnt being an club AGM in seven years and if nothing is done I have a good mind to report them as its not good enough. Anyone know who to get in touch with if Club doesnt hold AGMs yearly?

I will be disowned for life but I am gone beyond caring.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    It takes me a lot to be sincerely disinterested but I am. I am disilussioned with everything-the supporters club, treatment of one of our great fans who worked socks around the town doing lotto and puttin posters and all he got was abuse from certain supporters club members which I find disgusting and distressing. I am depressed with no atmosphere in section o anymore. I am annoyed with the fact that our fans are not being listened to. I am annoyed that there hasnt being an club AGM in seven years and if nothing is done I have a good mind to report them as its not good enough. Anyone know who to get in touch with if Club doesnt hold AGMs yearly?

Very poor atmosphere about the place last night, and I don't mean singing.
    Fans standing arguing with each other on the way out, no real buzz about the place, not even much of a reaction to an extremely poor performance.

On the match itself, very poor game to watch, very little quality but Harps created the only real chances of the game.

8 points clear of Wexford, 11 points clear of Bray and 12 points clear of Longford. Great season for us so far without setting the world alight.

18. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts

As regards the AGMs I would think the limited company which holds the LOI licence holds an annual AGM but the members of that company would probably only be the directors of it. Legally that's all they would need to do so I don't know if complaining would get you anything except grief. The club has or had a constitution but its compliance with that isn't actually regulated by anyone.

20. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    As regards the AGMs I would think the limited company which holds the LOI licence holds an annual AGM but the members of that company would probably only be the directors of it. Legally that's all they would need to do so I don't know if complaining would get you anything except grief. The club has or had a constitution but its compliance with that isn't actually regulated by anyone.
    cheers Longfordian. this is my gripe. Why dont the club explain this? Theres not even contact numbers on our website. one of our fans didnt know whether a recent match was goin ahead or not and got in touch with Outspoken whose contact number was in the supporters club notes. That is not good enough. I really hope Munnelly pulls his support of the club financially as everything in the club stinks!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I thought Pats looked dangerous enough when attacking Grimes at left full........
    Have to disagree with you on Grimes.Thought he was very good throughout the match and for a guy coming of a long lay-off thought he was sharp enough.Conan Byrne got one away from distance that annoyed the keeper a bit but not much else.Otherwise he was solid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    cheers Longfordian. this is my gripe. Why dont the club explain this? Theres not even contact numbers on our website. one of our fans didnt know whether a recent match was goin ahead or not and got in touch with Outspoken whose contact number was in the supporters club notes. That is not good enough. I really hope Munnelly pulls his support of the club financially as everything in the club stinks!
    Yeah the lack of contact details for board members is a joke and I've raised it several times. I get fans from all over the country ringing with enquires such as are games going ahead, merchandise and even sponsorship. I have no details for anyone at the club and the one thing I always hear is ''I emailed the club a few times but heard nothing back''. If the people on the board aren't interested in running the club then they should step aside and let someone with a bit of passion and interest do it properly.