Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Match Day 12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Awful display from us , the defending was comical at times.We should have got more than one goal back but we never looked like getting anything from the game. The match next week is hard to call as both sides are awful this season.Sigh.
    Last edited by D24Saint; 30/05/2016 at 9:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    We lost by a single goal at home too.
    Sorry you're right of course but you still lost

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    I missed the first half of our game as was working but apparently decision to send Hoffmann off was shocking. Referee was awful yet again. However, we never even forced McNulty to dirty his gloves, Only player that looked capable of scoring was Duffy. Cousins has been found out this season but looks set to see the campaign out regardless. Players need to take some of the flack as well. Conor Powell was turned inside out by better players yesterday, you can see why he didn't stay at a higher level. A new manager may not be enough to save this squad but players like Dillon being played out of position isn't helping matters. Lose Friday and we can pack our bags.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Awful display from us , the defending was comical at times.We should have got more than one goal back but we never looked like getting anything from the game. The match next week is hard to call as both sides are awful this season.Sigh.
    Match next week could have added significance after weekend results. Lot of the Hooperati less than happy with Nutsey. the fact that there are few options out there and the cost of removing him appear to be all that is saving him (or at least some very hard questions). not sure what feelings among pats fans are about Bucko, not good yesterday but to be fair that was after a shocker of a result.

Personally feel both should be delivering more with the resources they have.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Match next week could have added significance after weekend results. Lot of the Hooperati less than happy with Nutsey. the fact that there are few options out there and the cost of removing him appear to be all that is saving him (or at least some very hard questions). not sure what feelings among pats fans are about Bucko, not good yesterday but to be fair that was after a shocker of a result.

Personally feel both should be delivering more with the resources they have.
    The big difference is that Bucko has produced trophies and attractive football in recent seasons at St Pats. While Fenlon has had less time, he shows no sign of being able to improve the team, but rather has made them even more turgid and removed from the leaders

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    I missed the first half of our game as was working but apparently decision to send Hoffmann off was shocking. Referee was awful yet again. However, we never even forced McNulty to dirty his gloves, Only player that looked capable of scoring was Duffy. Cousins has been found out this season but looks set to see the campaign out regardless. Players need to take some of the flack as well. Conor Powell was turned inside out by better players yesterday, you can see why he didn't stay at a higher level. A new manager may not be enough to save this squad but players like Dillon being played out of position isn't helping matters. Lose Friday and we can pack our bags.
    Two blatant yellows.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CityBoy View Post
    Two blatant yellows.
    Wasn't there as I said hopefully see it on SR tonight, even towns players tweeting about the decision

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    That is the second time this season that Wexford are unlucky to be beaten by Dundalk.

This was no "park the bus" /"backs to the wall" performance by Youths. They won a fair share of possession in the middle of the park and tried to expose uncertainty in Dundalk defence by clever balls between the full backs and the centre backs.

Easily the best team to come to Oriel Park this season.
    Yeah I'd agree with that on Wexford, they had a go right from the start. Thought Mountney should have buried his chance on 2 mins, might have been a different story then, but massive credit to Wexford, this was a game they easily deserved to draw, Dundalk only 'played' for probably a total of 15 minutes.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Paul Murphy looks like he could be a decent player if he lost 3 stone.
    He already has

Paul was with Ipswich for a while and came back to Wexford playing Junior ball with North End United. His undoubted talent brought great success without ever having to be properly fit. He now wants to show his skills on the big stage and is adapting to what is required. I was one of the many doubters that he he had the right discipline to perform at this level, but the lad runs himself in to the ground every game and has heart like a lion

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    There were no Gardaí on duty at Terryland yesterday, with a good number of visiting fans (100 plus) there, but Cork Tom was present. I think we; loI fans are over policed anyway, along with water protesters. Galway have been waiting for a peno for a long while now. Compared to the penalty given to Creataro last year, Shanahan must feel hard done by. The ref McKeown was poor on the penalty calls.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Poor first half in Tallaght, but a much more enjoyable second half. Harps made a few changes in personnel and in formation and it worked a treat. Feel like Harps could have nicked a winner in the end, but point was probably a fair result given that Gallagher made a couple of fabulous saves for Harps.

A game that took a while to kick into life, I'd imagine Rovers have will have a much different view of proceedings, but it was an enjoyable game in glorious sunshine, which felt a little strange in itself on a Sunday afternoon, touch of a Summer friendly about it.

Missed the first 25 minutes or so due to mental traffic on the M7, and I actually missed Harps goal due to looking away for a few seconds, so, it's a bit annoying that I didn't actually watch either goal. I just about seen Scullys header hit the back of the net.

Rovers are probably the most cynical, negative team I've seen play against Harps in a long time though. Fenlon is destroying that side, which should be much better given the players at his disposal.
    Ha, we've played much worse this season. We should have been two or three up at half time really - Gallagher was outstanding apart from the lead-up to the goal. Should have added a couple after your equaliser too.

Ah, we're not negative so much as we just don't have good enough players. If we were that negative Ollie wouldn't have played seven at the back and set his stall out to keep the score down. We were camped in your half for 70 minutes and created plenty, but Dundalk or Cork would have created twice as much and finished the game off. Cynical? Scully got a yellow card for the very same thing McCabe was sent off for, then scored a couple of minutes later.

Harps will be OK I think. Better team than Longford anyway, probably Bray too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Rather mediocre game at the Brandywell that was pretty much over after we scored our second on 20 minutes.
    Second half was poor to watch, and we really should have got a couple more goals.
    I'd worry about that Bray side. Awful defending and a real lack of effort. I know they still don't have a manager, but it's a excuse.

Enjoyed the novelty of the Sunday afternoon game, though the home attendance was certainly down. Bray took more fans than I've seen them bring in ages though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyouth View Post
    He already has

Paul was with Ipswich for a while and came back to Wexford playing Junior ball with North End United. His undoubted talent brought great success without ever having to be properly fit. He now wants to show his skills on the big stage and is adapting to what is required. I was one of the many doubters that he he had the right discipline to perform at this level, but the lad runs himself in to the ground every game and has heart like a lion
    Obviously the three stone bit was a massive exaggeration, but he could certainly lose a few pounds. Great attitude, great heart and plenty of ability.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12