Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixtures- April 22nd/23rd/25th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    The decline in Rovers from last season is noticeable. I thought they were getting close to Dundalk and the games last season were very even.

Tonight, we bossed every inch of the pitch. The fitness level of Rovers was very poor.

It is embarrassing as a LOI fan seeing Danny North, a full time professional, coming on the pitch trying to stop his belly spilling out of this kit. God knows what it must be like being a Rovers fan seeing that.

Rovers resemble an amateur side who meet up in the Phoenix Park on a Sunday morning for a kick about.

2. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You'd think Fenlon would be a little more graceful - he has had plenty of practice in losing to Kenny.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Cork didn't really have to be at their best to beat a poor enough Harps team tonight, but they'll struggle to challenge for any honours this season.

Might have been an off night despite being gifted three goals, but I thought they were fairly poor.

Pretty crap night for Harps all round though, three injuries to add to the misery. Mounting injury list doesn't look too good.
    Yeah wasn't the most riveting display from us. Harps didn't create much but I thought we labored through the 90minutes and if the opposition were better we might not of won tonight. The 2 goals killed any game plan harps had and the two enforced substitutes didn't do them any favors.

We need to do better than that tonight if we have any aspirations of challenging for trophys. A win Monday is crucial now. Disappointing that Browne will be unavailable for that game, didn't see what he actually did but some saying he motioned a headbutt which isn't acceptable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    A win Monday is crucial now. Disappointing that Browne will be unavailable for that game, didn't see what he actually did but some saying he motioned a headbutt which isn't acceptable.
    The three points on Monday are in the bag. Rovers are awful.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Maybe that is because he is petty and a sore loser

Fenlon managing a team with 2 Brennans and Gary McCabe is a recipe for recklessness and ill-discipline. The Shams team are a reflection of their manager
    Would agree with you on Killian and McCabe but Gavin is fairly even-tempered. Too relaxed sometimes. McCabe's tackle was just disgraceful.

Poor performance from Rovers but replicating a lot of the criticisms we've all had of them this season. Lots of slow build-up play that gives the likes of Miele and McCabe next to no time or space to actually make things happen. Killian Brennan's been pretty good this season but he was at his worst tonight, strolling around and having no impact on the game.

Dundalk deserved the win but the annoying thing is that we didn't make them have to play well to get it. Doubt you will have many wins as easy as that one tonight.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Great game in the Bowl tonight. We were much improved on recent weeks; we tend to up our game against better teams, and had to against Limerick.

Three-minute delay while Conor O'Donnell, our sub keeper, got ready to come on for the peno. Limerick fans giving him dogs' abuse the whole time ("You're the reason why we're here" and the likes). Saved the peno and made a couple of superb saves later on too.

Have to be annoyed at not getting a draw though; two awful misses late in the first half in particular.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Poor performance from Rovers but replicating a lot of the criticisms we've all had of them this season.
    Abandoning ship CD? ;p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Dont think ive seen a ref that quick to have the red card out; No question that it was a red, Doyle had the card out before players had picked themselves up off the ground. He was certainly in no doubt at all and a very quick decision, in a good way for refereeing, bottled a 2nd red at the end?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Abandoning ship CD? ;p
    I wasn't able to make my usual "appearance" on the pitch this week so "them" is the correct terminology

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Well Dundalk FC is a community club so it is all 'us'... shall I pass bucket lol. What the hell was Fenlon doing after the match and needing one of his players to diffuse things? On OW I criticised Caulfield jumping around ala Fenlon at the Cork game in Oriel. I take it back as Fenlon tops the moaning heap!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Well Dundalk FC is a community club so it is all 'us'... shall I pass bucket lol. What the hell was Fenlon doing after the match and needing one of his players to diffuse things? On OW I criticised Caulfield jumping around ala Fenlon at the Cork game in Oriel. I take it back as Fenlon tops the moaning heap!
    Jesus, you're almost as bad as Liverpool fans at this point...

I assume Fenlon was upset about Finn and the Dundalk bench trying to get Brennan sent off in injury time. I haven't watched the RTE coverage yet but at the time I thought he'd have been sent off had McCabe not already gone but I reserve the right to change my opinion when I see the footage. Webster stepped in to stop Kenny having a bite back from what I saw.

Certainly there's no love lost between the teams, which I think is great. It was a very poor game from an entertainment point of view so good to see both sides still hate each other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Dundalk seem to be the team to beat again this season.

Are Derry and Galway good enough to put up a challenge for a title? Are they getting much support at their home games?

Are Pat's, Cork and Shamrock Rovers likely to put up a title challenge?

The bottom 4 seem to be cut adrift from the rest. Is it likely to remain like that for the season?
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    An easy victory for Dundalk against Rovers. They played at half pace and won with ease
    Rovers have a long way to go to challenge for the league title again.

Dundalk will need to find a striker to do anything in Europe as they are not going to face they type of poor quality on show in the league this season.

Of al the players at Dundalk, the one I'd take would be Shields- he runs the team.
    And I'd take Donnell back.
    And Gannon.
    And Finn..
    You get the picture
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    FT UCD 1 Limerick 2
    Shane duggan with both of the goals and a new division one record set overtaken derry city's 7 straight wins.
    Well done to Limerick.
    Cork City finished out with seven straight wins in 2011. Would have been nine, except for a 3-3 draw with....Limerick.
    ...Schwanholz, Herisau: a little bit of heaven...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Are Derry and Galway good enough to put up a challenge for a title? Are they getting much support at their home games?
    Derry, on their day, are good enough to beat anyone, but with a small squad it would be unrealistic to think we'll challenge.

Hard fought win for us last night. Started very brightly, got a wee bit lucky with the goal, but stopped playing after that. The second half was poor to watch, loads of mistakes from both sides (and the officials).
    That was our third game in six days, and it showed. We looked a tired side, and probably would have lost if we were playing a better quality side.
    Thought Bohs were pretty poor. The players looked like they didn't want to be there, and were arguing a wee bit amongst themselves after the final whistle. We were convinced that Bohs were time wasting in the first half too, after we'd scored. Strange.

Five wins out of five at the Brandywell now, and no defeat since the first day of the season. We've been crying out for years to get the Brandywell back to being the 'difficult place to go' it used to be, might be getting there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Did Shamrock Rovers have a shot on target last night?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Would agree with you on Killian and McCabe but Gavin is fairly even-tempered. Too relaxed sometimes.
    If Gavin Brennan has become even-tempered it is the biggest turnaorund since St Paul on the road to Damascus

In his last season with Drogheda he was suspended for close on 10 games over the season

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    An easy victory for Dundalk against Rovers. They played at half pace and won with ease

Of al the players at Dundalk, the one I'd take would be Shields- he runs the team.
    And I'd take Donnell back.
    And Gannon.
    And Finn..
    You get the picture
    and Kenny?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    If Gavin Brennan has become even-tempered it is the biggest turnaorund since St Paul on the road to Damascus

In his last season with Drogheda he was suspended for close on 10 games over the season
    It was 14 games, and 2 at the start of the following season too

21. Thanks From:

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    FT UCD 1 Limerick 2
    Shane duggan with both of the goals and a new division one record set overtaken derry city's 7 straight wins.
    Limerick have double the points of their closest rivals after only 8 games, looking ominous

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast