Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: April 15th/16th Fixtures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    We played very well tonight with plenty of nice passing & attacking play. I thought Wexford were rubbish, maybe just a poor night at the office for them. I didn't see the sending off but it had no major effect on the game. It was a much improved performance on Monday night but Wexford gave us so much space it's hard to judge if we were brilliant or they were just crap I'd say a bit of both is a fair assessment.
    A bad day at the office for us, easily the worst 1st half we've played in years. The players & staff know that and, in truth, Pats away was never a target to garner points. The manner of the defeat hurts, but if lessons have been learned, it's still early enough to be of value

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Well we can leave that initial discussion for now. Ok so people travel over for this Derby, we've even seen such footage in a documentary including an english football hooligan so it is very possible. Some creative movement of those who frequent certain sections of a ground to widen a gap and prevent Welsh, Irish, or English getting within striking distance inside a ground. At a minimum these tourist hooligans would stand out if entering the closest area to away support. Eh I doubt there isnt a Bohs fan somewhere who knows damn well who they are, and that they were on their way over.
    Well I'm sure whoever asked them over knows who they are.

But I doubt those are the people who'd want to see them banned.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Just seen our team for tonight. I've lumped on Derry -1 and -2.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Simple start of a solution, even punishment for the Bohs fans involved - move them out of that section of the Jodi Stand thats is closest to away support to the opposite end of the stand shopping centre side. It might irk some of the 'singing' section not involved last night but if they recognise why it is done they should be happy to go with it, they may also be quicker to name and shame or even stop pitch invasion by these kids if there is the prospect of being moved form their traditional spot in the ground
    Problem I see with that is that as far as I know its only the big away crowds that are housed in the school end, most games games they're in the shopping centre end of the Jodi. As far as I know that's the case but happy to be corrected if not. If they had kept the ground in shape they could house Rovers fans in the Connaught Street end like they used to which would probably help but they didn't/couldn't so can't do that. Its getting done up soon anyway so hopefully they consider incidents like last night and build in a way of preventing them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Any chance of getting a seperate thread for the Rovers v Bohs stuff?
    It'll make it much easier for the national rags to get their material for the sensational story lines.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    How is that going for you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Can't believe nobody has posted up about the shock result in Limerick this evening yet.

Cabinteely kept it down to three goals.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Derry just equalised against Longford, a screamer from Patrick McClean.

Patterson missed a first half pen, terrible strike.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    How is that going for you?
    Delighted with how it went to be honest!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Remind me to thank you if ever we meet

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I couldn't make the game so I'm happy enough to donate the 30 odd quid I put on (that's lumping on by my betting standards) to the gods of fortune. Our team on paper was weak.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Can't believe nobody has posted up about the shock result in Limerick this evening yet.

Cabinteely kept it down to three goals.
    They were actually not too bad, a fairly decent side defensively.

EDIT: in their warm up kit, they do possess one of the ugliest pieces of football kit I have ever seen.
    Last edited by osarusan; 16/04/2016 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    I couldn't make the game so I'm happy enough to donate the 30 odd quid I put on (that's lumping on by my betting standards) to the gods of fortune. Our team on paper was weak.
    To be honest, I'm pretty surprised by that result. Glad to see Longford getting a point as they need something to get their season going.

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Big changes on the team sheet, big changes in effort and a big change in the result from last week! We made 4 changes from last week with Mark Rossiter and Don Cowan coming in along with first league starts for John McKeown and Tristan Noack Hofmann. From the outset there was a lot of effort shown by the team. I was impressed with McKeown and Hofmann, put themselves about and weren't afraid to look for the ball. Very unlucky not to have the chance to win it when Haverty was pulled down in the box near the end but I shouldn't be surprised we didn't get the pen as our old friend Sean Grant was reffing the game.

If we can just keep the effort up as what was put in tonight, that's all the fans will ask for. We know we're in for a battle for survival this year and tonight the players proved they are up for that fight. Let's just hope it's not a one off!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    I was impressed with Hofmann in preseason against Cabo. Delighted with the result - hope we keep going against Rovers next week.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    It was the best performance so far for me. The changes worked wonders for us. Thought John McKeown was MOM for us tonight he never let Derry settle and his delivery for Davy O Sullivans crackin header from a corner was ace! very impressed with Tristan as well. Heard tonight from our Under 17 manager and he told me that he and his dad are German but have bein living in Moyne for years and has come through our youth setup. He is a serious find. Skinner had an much improved performance for us tonight. Thought Derrys peno was never one but Pattersons effort was diabolical. Cowan worked hard up front with Sully. Cowan hasnt got back his full pace yet but destroyed his Derry opponent! there was nothin we could do with McLeans screamer it was world class.. imo it will be a contender for goal of the season thats how highly I rated it! Its a major boost to our confidence and maybe we may get a draw from the Showgrounds next week
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    It was the best performance so far for me. The changes worked wonders for us. Thought John McKeown was MOM for us tonight he never let Derry settle and his delivery for Davy O Sullivans crackin header from a corner was ace! very impressed with Tristan as well. Heard tonight from our Under 17 manager and he told me that he and his dad are German but have bein living in Moyne for years and has come through our youth setup. He is a serious find. Skinner had an much improved performance for us tonight. Thought Derrys peno was never one but Pattersons effort was diabolical. Cowan worked hard up front with Sully. Cowan hasnt got back his full pace yet but destroyed his Derry opponent! there was nothin we could do with McLeans screamer it was world class.. imo it will be a contender for goal of the season thats how highly I rated it! Its a major boost to our confidence and maybe we may get a draw from the Showgrounds next week
    McKeon was fantastic but O'Sullivan had to be MOTM. A fantastic goal and he worked himslef into the ground for the team. Skinner made one top class save in the first half but he got lucky With the peno and even luckier when he spilt a cross straight to Patsrson in the second half only for us to block it. Much much improved performance and a great atmosphere around the ground for the first time tonight. I think we've turned a corner. A win in Sligo would just be superb. Cmon de town.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Important win for Harps, after 2 defeats back to back and 3 games in 7 days was important to have some points to show for it especially with the team's around us dropping points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Not a single comment so far from a Cork fan on the weekend games, things surely are not that bad? mid table maybe but it is only April.

By all accounts from Galway a draw was a fair result? I'd be interested in Cork fans opinions on recent games, very good performance away to Dlk then 3 draws following that was a bit of a surprise.

The result last night for Longford will give them a lot of encouragement, I think Sligo will also be happy with their performance in Dlk, both should pick up results over the next few weeks.

Dundalk just scrapped by v Sligo, and with a big game on Friday v Rovers (live on tv) we may not even be top come next weekend, I think we will though.

The re-scheduled Cork v Rovers is Monday week, so that's another big game. Very early days for all clubs, hoewever things might start to take shape towards the end of April, and will probably give an indication on how things might pan out.
    Last edited by oriel; 17/04/2016 at 6:51 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Not a single comment so far from a Cork fan on the weekend games, things surely are not that bad? mid table maybe but it is only April.

By all accounts from Galway a draw was a fair result? I'd be interested in Cork fans opinions on recent games, very good performance away to Dlk then 3 draws following that was a bit of a surprise.
    The overriding feeling is one of disappointment really. Dropping so many points including 2 games (Sligo and wexford) in games we should be expecting to win is frustrating. The draw is Galway wasn't a bad result as they have had a great start to the season. Against wexford it wasn't for a lack of creativity or effort as we could've blown them out of the water in that second half. It seems we are creating a lot but the conversion of those chances is the worry at the moment. A few home games now coming up and maximum points from those would put us right.

25. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast