Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Conor O'Grady

taken from
    http://www.eleven-a-side.com/first/...sp?newsid=15521

O’Grady bitter at lack of opportunity

January 13, 2005

Transfer-listed Derry City midfielder Conor O’Grady feels he was harshly treated by the club in his single season at the Brandywell.

The Sligo native joined the Candystripes from Cork City 12 months ago but started just eight times in 2004 under successive managers Gavin Dykes, Peter Hutton and Stephen Kenny.

Almost certain to leave the club before the start of the new eircom League season in March, O’Grady has revealed the extent of his bitterness at being overlooked virtually throughout the season.

He told the Sligo Weekender: “I felt I never got a proper run in the team and I think over the season that I never got more than two games in a row.

“Basically, managers make their decisions – they didn’t pick me and I have to respect that but I don’t feel I got a fair crack of the whip.

“That is not sour grapes – we were struggling at the bottom of the table and I don’t think that the people who were playing could do anything more than I could and that is just the way it was.

“I still don’t think that I got a fair chance from [Stephen Kenny] or any of the managers. I think he just kept playing the side that had been playing. I only started eight games and I wasn’t injured once.”

O’Grady has been linked with a move to hometown club Sligo Rovers, while Galway United could also be interested in the 24-year-old midfielder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    it would be great for either club if they could get him. if we do get him lets hope he gets a bit better treated by the fans this time around .