Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Don't hit the panic button

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    I said it on the radio at the weekend and il say it again now, this talk of budgets is pure and utter garbage. Wexford are amateur for the most part and beat us last night and are putting it up to the big boys. Harps, far smaller budget yet 7 points clear of us. The likes of Bohs and Pats and Bray having rotten seasons yet miles ahead of us. It's all down to the mentality of the manager and the only time the word budget came into use was when he started to feel the pressure. Pre-season was talk of building on last seasons finish with a younger and more dynamic team, that we had experience in key areas and that would help the young players, now all of a sudden he says it will be hard to stay up and we have a very young team. The man has used every excuse in the book for years now and if he doesn't go the few loyal supporters we have left will. The club is a shambles from top to bottom and the boards lack of action says it all, they couldn't make a decision if their lives depended on it. How is this club meant to survive if relegated?

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    is there any chance that the title of this thread can be changed please? people know my views but I am abstaining at this point as I am tired,stressed, fed up and rather angry with this crap.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    is there any chance that the title of this thread can be changed please? people know my views but I am abstaining at this point as I am tired,stressed, fed up and rather angry with this crap.
    Yes that would be great, I vote for the title, taxi for Tony

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Cody Mulhall signed today. Hopefully he'll make an impact. Tony in fairness has signed some gems in the past so I hope this is another!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    Cody Mulhall signed today. Hopefully he'll make an impact. Tony in fairness has signed some gems in the past so I hope this is another!
    No offence to the lad that has signed I hope he's the next Dave Sully for us but we have no keeper at present and our back 4 is leaking goals yet he signs a striker and at that a striker who's not played in the league and has had 2 major injuries in recent years. You'd imagine it's a replacement for Josh who will soon be back to England but it's a strange one in my opinion

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Amazing performance from the lads, disgusted we conceded 3 goals because we defended so so well in the first half. Lee Duffy is a live wire to say the least, himself and sully look a lethal partnership. It's clear to see Sully and Josh can't play together and Duffy should now start ahead of Josh who is one of the laziest players ever to wear red and black, I'd have no problem with him going back from his loan spell now to be honest, he doesn't try at all.

Massive shout to Tristan Noack Hoffmann, absolutely stunning performance, he's playing like a man years beyond his age.

If only we had a keeper we would have won tonight, Molloy is shocking.

Play like that every week and wel have no problems. Cup game could be a nice distraction for the lads now after all. Would like to see McGeoy get a chance in goals next week with Skinner due back for the cork league game or slightly after. Couldn't do any more damage than Molloy has.

Also a big shout to Kaleem who ran his socks off tonight, even when he has a Stinker you can't accuse him of not running around ever.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Great performance. We got luck when we needed it but the lads worked themselves into the ground. Once we get that in a game then we'll accept it if it doesn't go our way. Tristan was superb, for a 17 year old to be playing centre back in the Premier and looking in no way out of his depth is no mean feat.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    I said it on the radio at the weekend and il say it again now, this talk of budgets is pure and utter garbage. Wexford are amateur for the most part and beat us last night and are putting it up to the big boys.
    They have a First Division-winning side they've mostly kept together and that familiarity is serving them well. You had the same coming up last year and similarly put it up to the big boys. Trick is doing it when you've half a squad turned over and a couple of your best players moved up. Wexford will have the same problem next year I imagine. Not a defence of Cousins, necessarily, as Keegan could improve the team next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    The contrast in posts from a Tuesday to Friday are a great read and a perfect example of the ups and downs in football. All that most fans want is for players to really put in a shift. A limited squad that grafts get a bit of a free pass. If longford can keep the match night effort like last night then you could very well stay up or at least have a fighting chance going in to round 3. I'm sure seeing Youths turn over Rovers wasn't a preferred result for Longford but it was no doubts a good result for anyone in a relegation battle that tos half sides can and will cough up points, just win home games against those around you to add to unexpected points and yer safe as houses - dead hand !?!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    People might be looking at last night as a good point gained but I see it as 2 points lost. Why did we sit back against 10 men?? We should of being on the front foot attacking them and playing in Pats half. We haven't defended all season so what made TC think we could do it all of a sudden with 5 mins left? It has TC's stamp all over it. Over the years whenever we went a goal up we sat back to defend it and same again last night.

Last night was was a great improvement on last Tuesday but we have seen it all before. Remember the great performance against Derry and what followed after? Unless we can string 4/5 games like last night and Derry together then we'll be down before Rd. 3 gets underway. I got one will for be one bit surprised if Waterford dump us out of the cup with ease next week.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    I am feeling a wee bit encouraged after last night. I watched the rerun of the game on Setanta and Kaleem Simon was superb for us. Big shoutout for Philly Gannon and Conor Powell who got their first goals for us and were simply superb. Kevin O Connor was impressive for us. It was our first goal in a televised match since the 2007 cup semi! Tristan was calmness personified and has a great future in the game. I would agree with Outspoken that I would give McGoey a runout next week as I have made my mind up about Molloy and I dont understand why he went to Leeds in the first place.Delighted to see Lee Duffy play from the start for the first time.

I dont think we will catch up with Wexford but so long as Bray are within sight of us we may have a chance. I would be happy to take my chances of the playoffs. A big shout to our support the atmosphere was simply superb!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234