Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't hit the panic button

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Making a desperate plea for supporters for the bus to Galway on Friday. Numbers have never been as low as the past few weeks.
    I have to work again this Friday Outspoken sorry. I will pay you for both Galway and Sligo programmes at Shamrock Rovers next week. After Cousins disgraceful interview this week he is driving the supporters away.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Couldn't fill even a mini bus to Galway, sign of the times im abroad. Will be driving a car load up in hope more than expectation. We really need a performance tonight, forget about a result that would be a bonus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Couldn't fill even a mini bus to Galway, sign of the times im abroad. Will be driving a car load up in hope more than expectation. We really need a performance tonight, forget about a result that would be a bonus
    sign of the times I am afraid.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Sounds like we got a decent performance and a decent result. Can't knock that point, keeps us in touch with our competitors at the bottom.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Second half was a totally different performance and attitude from the lads, we really got at Galway and they cracked under the pressure.

Big shout out to Conor Powell for an amazing and game changing goal line clearance with only moments to go, plus great to see him lead the players over to the very small but incredibly loud bunch of Town supporters at the end.

Get the feeling tonight could be a real turning point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Or another false dawn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    Or another false dawn
    Next week will give us the answer to that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Second half was a totally different performance and attitude from the lads, we really got at Galway and they cracked under the pressure.

Big shout out to Conor Powell for an amazing and game changing goal line clearance with only moments to go, plus great to see him lead the players over to the very small but incredibly loud bunch of Town supporters at the end.

Get the feeling tonight could be a real turning point.
    its a start had no idea we were two nil down when you texted me. Shams is the key one next. They are blowin hot and cold a lot recently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Said it for weeks that I fancy us to beat rovers. We need to get at them from the start though not sit back and hope for miracles like last night, cousins needs to be brave. However, I'd take a good performance and say a 2-0 loss if it meant beating Wexford in the following game. Lose those 2 and he should walk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Said it for weeks that I fancy us to beat rovers. We need to get at them from the start though not sit back and hope for miracles like last night, cousins needs to be brave. However, I'd take a good performance and say a 2-0 loss if it meant beating Wexford in the following game. Lose those 2 and he should walk.
    what was different in this game and Sligo and Derry? had given up on Josh but you never know we could keep him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    First half was no difference from Sligo we were chronic, players didn't look interested. Second half they came out more positive and you could sense Galway creaking and one we scored they really started to buckle. As I said we could have easilly lost the game only for Conor Powell so while it was a great result and I was estatic afterwards I'm not blind, there's still so much more improvement needed from us. I just hope by the time we play Wexford we are bang at it for 90 minutes.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    I wish to apologise for starting this thread, we should have sacked the c*unt weeks ago. Now somebody hit that f*cking button before it's too late.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    We are completely fu cked. Any notion to the contrary is laughable. And I hope someone from the club is monitoring this as they normally do. Time to take action!
    Sporting F*ck All!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Unfortunately last night we were a team that were significantly poorer than the one that won us promotion two years ago. I would think that the cost of getting that team on the pitch last night is down on the budget we had two years ago also but that's another point.

I would start by saying i felt sorry for our young keeper, though 'at fault' for three goals now in two games, he shouldn't be in the position he's in. It's not his fault and it was obvious to most in pre-season that he's not ready to be a league of Ireland level keeper. He shouldn't have been asked to be.

Our two goals last night were own goals and other than these did we test their keeper significantly through the night, maybe once that i remember? I was going to critique the rest of the players but what’s the point, their failings are not entirely their own as there’s no cohesive thinking evident in a performance like last night. It was as if these lads met for the first time before the game. The full back (whoever won the draw this week) did not know what the player in front of him was likely to do and vice-versa. Our midfield barely but three passes together all night before it went back to the defense for the obligatory punt up to the front two. Gannon will be a player under a different manager, Hoffmann is a find and should have a career ahead of him but most of the others look lost. It’s hard to know even if a different manager could get these lads performing or whether their capable of it or not.
    It was depressing stuff last night but it has been coming and coming for a while now. It will not change under the current set up and will likely get worse, on the pitch and in the stands. Thanks for all the good stuff you have done Tony. There has been plenty of that in your time with the club. But it is obvious to almost everyone now that this is the end of the road.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dixon View Post
    Unfortunately last night we were a team that were significantly poorer than the one that won us promotion two years ago. I would think that the cost of getting that team on the pitch last night is down on the budget we had two years ago also but that's another point.

I would start by saying i felt sorry for our young keeper, though 'at fault' for three goals now in two games, he shouldn't be in the position he's in. It's not his fault and it was obvious to most in pre-season that he's not ready to be a league of Ireland level keeper. He shouldn't have been asked to be.

Our two goals last night were own goals and other than these did we test their keeper significantly through the night, maybe once that i remember? I was going to critique the rest of the players but what’s the point, their failings are not entirely their own as there’s no cohesive thinking evident in a performance like last night. It was as if these lads met for the first time before the game. The full back (whoever won the draw this week) did not know what the player in front of him was likely to do and vice-versa. Our midfield barely but three passes together all night before it went back to the defense for the obligatory punt up to the front two. Gannon will be a player under a different manager, Hoffmann is a find and should have a career ahead of him but most of the others look lost. It’s hard to know even if a different manager could get these lads performing or whether their capable of it or not.
    It was depressing stuff last night but it has been coming and coming for a while now. It will not change under the current set up and will likely get worse, on the pitch and in the stands. Thanks for all the good stuff you have done Tony. There has been plenty of that in your time with the club. But it is obvious to almost everyone now that this is the end of the road.
    I couldn't have summed it up any better myself. Good post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    We are completely fu cked. Any notion to the contrary is laughable. And I hope someone from the club is monitoring this as they normally do. Time to take action!
    Unfortunately I didn't see the chairman present last night and we all know it's his decision or no decision. Too many yes men on that board out there and nobody brave enough to say what they really think. Attendances are disgraceful and it has far more to do than just the results on the field. Club needs change off the field as well as on.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Joe Dixon that is the most logical and reasoned post that sums up the club's position at this moment in time. I agree totally with all you said. I understand the club's position with a reduced budget this season. But under the current management this is going to reduce even further on the gate. We could only get approx 300 Longford people in the gate to see Shamrock Rovers and after last night those numbers are going to drastically reduce. While Tony has done a lot for the club and should always be fondly remembered by any logical thinking Longford supporter his time is now up.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    If the club is working off a very low budget they should have made it known at the start of the season. People would have understood and if there were fundraisers running they'd be a chance for people to contribute. It's not really fair on Tony either if he is trying to keep a team in the Premier on an even lower budget but nobody is aware of it. However if it was solely football reasons why we went into the season with this squad then he deserves the criticism he's getting.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

24. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    I refrained from posting last night because I'm sure a lot of it would of not being posted. All I feel now is anger. The board have to act now. I'm afraid with a new manager, with this current squad will do no better but we have to try. The squad we have is the worst ever to represent us at Premier level. I just don't know what to say anymore.
    Last edited by Town Legend; 11/05/2016 at 12:39 PM.

26. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast