Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't hit the panic button

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Nothing got to do with performances on the pitch but apparently the Town Twitter account hit the panic button earlier with some tweet. Anyone know what was put up? Apparently a harmless mistake with one lad thinking he was on his own account instead of the Towns and posted something up. Seems to of been deleted but some people spotted it before it was.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    I just seen it now! Balls.ie spotted it lol

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hollocaine View Post
    So, you believe that these two two issues are not related?

I somehow doubt Eddie Howe will be rushing to bring back Josh. I'd be confident that we'll have him for the season.

Our results against Dundalk will not define our season. It was men versus boys last night. It's how we do against the teams around us will ultimately determine our fate.
    Agree with this but the lack of effort in these games against the big teams is an insult to the few fans we have that are paying €15 in the gate to watch this drivel. We are beaten before we even take to the Pitch and that's down to management. How can Wexford go and get a draw to cork? Only lose to a late goal V Dundalk, give rovers a scare etc. It's because they go into every game knowing they are a worse team on paper so need to make up
    For it through organisation and work rate. Alan Mathews was a great man manager for taking average players and getting them to play their hearts out even if they weren't that good and that's why tony cousins is not the man for Longford town, and yes I realise I started this don't hit the panic button thread but there is absolutely no life about the club at all and we need an injection of life. Trevor Croly would be a great choice for manager, works well with young players and can attract big names. Anyway, give Tony the Derry game to show us he can at least get a reaction out of his players. If he can't do that then it's only a matter of time before he goes.....or we go down, whatever comes first.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    I mean after the cork game people asked me what my thoughts were having traveled to the game and I just said look it's gone now we move on and focus on bray a team we are competing against, but for us to put in an identical performance as in the cork game against Dundalk last night has really made up my mind on the whole cousins situation. You are allowed one performance like the one we had in turners where players were just standing off and letting cork play but to have another performance like that so soon after, you have to ask questions.....And be entitled to do so.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Agree with this but the lack of effort in these games against the big teams is an insult to the few fans we have that are paying €15 in the gate to watch this drivel. We are beaten before we even take to the Pitch and that's down to management. How can Wexford go and get a draw to cork? Only lose to a late goal V Dundalk, give rovers a scare etc. It's because they go into every game knowing they are a worse team on paper so need to make up
    For it through organisation and work rate. Alan Mathews was a great man manager for taking average players and getting them to play their hearts out even if they weren't that good and that's why tony cousins is not the man for Longford town, and yes I realise I started this don't hit the panic button thread but there is absolutely no life about the club at all and we need an injection of life. Trevor Croly would be a great choice for manager, works well with young players and can attract big names. Anyway, give Tony the Derry game to show us he can at least get a reaction out of his players. If he can't do that then it's only a matter of time before he goes.....or we go down, whatever comes first.
    Alan Matthews nearly bankrupt the club!! And average players?look at most of his first team regulars for his years at the club,far from average players at the time...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howsyourtouch View Post
    Alan Matthews nearly bankrupt the club!! And average players?look at most of his first team regulars for his years at the club,far from average players at the time...
    Don't want to get into who Nearly bankrupt the club now it's not managers who come up with the budgets but personally I wouldn't have Mathews back as his career has gone down hill rapid since he left us and his style of play is 10 times worse than TC's. Anyway, fantastic to see the players give such a response in the Derry game, played with real grit and determination. Massive game on Saturday now and I can't wait for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

10. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Ah come on I've only been to the first match as i'm tied up with work, so i'm living off the match comments on here surely some of you can say how bad it was

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    There are no words

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Darklordsbane, I'll put it this way. If TC stays in charge we'll be doing great to get 12th spot!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Wow that bad, TC was on Shannon side saying we were really good in the 2nd half, but I gave up taking anything he says for granted a long time ago,

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    I am never so glad to miss last wks game and fridays game as it would depress me greatly. As our PRO said on facebook noone is bigger than the club and I am afraid with every passing season it would get harder to get rid of him! I think Cousins is Arsene Wenger in disguise!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Darklordsbane, I'll put it this way. If TC stays in charge we'll be doing great to get 12th spot!!!
    Town legend, take a bow son haha that's the best summary I've heard about TC yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    Wow that bad, TC was on Shannon side saying we were really good in the 2nd half, but I gave up taking anything he says for granted a long time ago,
    We were really good lol we had 1 dribble shot on target. Sligo stopped playing. In fact they were taking the **** at the end. This man is nothing short of a joke and needs to be removed as manager immediately

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    Wow that bad, TC was on Shannon side saying we were really good in the 2nd half,
    Then he was watching a different game to the rest of us. We didn’t improve in the second half, Sligo just stopped playing. The first half was...There are no words to describe how shocking we were. My six year old daughter wanted to know "why did the goalkeeper not just catch the ball instead of letting it straight through his hands, the shot wasn’t that hard was it?" I had no answer for her, she was right. Skinner is without doubt the worst first choice keeper we have ever had in the league. TC has to take the blame for not recruiting a proper replacement for Hunt. Sully ran himself into the ground in the first half but got no support what so ever from our midfield. Don Cowan, lovely fella and all, but he never swung a leg. when he did get on the ball it was the usual run up a blind alley effort, but on Saturday night instead of making the bye line he barely made it over the half way line. Jamie, Sully and Kevin O'Connor were the only ones who seemed to make an effort. As for our loan star, its safe to say Eddie Howe wont be in a rush looking for him back.
    The truth fears no questions...
    It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who's been swimming naked

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    I know, Skinner is terrible but I actually think he finishes ahead of Stephen Conlon and Brendan Murphy on this one! The only thing with Conlon was you couldn't help but laugh at how bad and ridiculous his decisions were!! I'd have him back just for the pure entertainment you'd have for 90 minutes.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Josh has bein a huge disappointment since he came back. Don is still not right! thank god I am not making Terryland as I cant take this crap any more!forgot how bad Brendan and Congo were when they were with us! If we go down this season we should do an Aston Villa and not bother havin a dinner dance as wot is there to celebrate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    So much this season reminds me of Aston villa to be honest, we are a f*cking shambles. Surely another performance like that and the board can't keep their eyes closed no matter how much they want to?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    So much this season reminds me of Aston villa to be honest, we are a f*cking shambles. Surely another performance like that and the board can't keep their eyes closed no matter how much they want to?
    exactly. very disappointed that we didnt get St Peters in the cup we were so close to gettin them!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Making a desperate plea for supporters for the bus to Galway on Friday. Numbers have never been as low as the past few weeks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast