Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Stadium Lost

shankilwanderer

Stadium Lost

Shamrock rovers have lost there Tallaght stadium to the GAA as they want to develop a stadium on the south side of Dublin.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Could someone explain what is going on with this. How can they 'lose' the stadium to GAA? By what process?
    "I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

shankilwanderer
    Yeah the Co Council have repossed it off Rovers more info on www.rte.ie/sport/2005/0112/shamrockrovers.html

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    However, the objective now is to finish the stadium and install Rovers there.
    So where does the loss to GAA dramatisation come from then?
    "I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

shankilwanderer
    Read the Paragraph above it

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Oh FFS, this development is making things easier for Rovers. They haven't lost the stadium to Gah. If they have lost it to anyone, it's the council. The Gah only come into it in that they may end up ground sharing. Remember the real footballers are not the ones with the problem with ground sharing across sports....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Now where did I put that stadium?
    I know I left it around here somewhere!

Come off it shankilwanderer, if your gonna post a new tread, a) make sure the actual facts do not appear "correctly" somewhere else on the board and b) that the facts even resemble the truth!

Of course for more real information you could always logging onto the Rovers Forum, but then you just might be in danger of knowing something!

Here stadium.... Come on now be a good stadium and come here.... Stadium!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover 2 U
    Its not lost, you just don't know where it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover 2 U

Come off it shankilwanderer, if your gonna post a new tread, a) make sure the actual facts do not appear "correctly" somewhere else on the board and b) that the facts even resemble the truth!

Of course for more real information you could always logging onto the Rovers Forum, but then you just might be in danger of knowing something!

Here stadium.... Come on now be a good stadium and come here.... Stadium!!!
    Homeless Homeless Rovers !

Jesus lads, will ya ever get it sorted out. You board need a right kick in the arse

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I personally don;t think it is fair that people gang up on rovers or their board over this. Fair enough, the whole thing is a bit of a fook up but it would be to everyone's advantage if for once we could work together under either the joint eircom league or FAI or a group of clubs and try and get this stadium built with a view to sharing it among ourselves and maybe with others. It always had the potential to be a flagship stadium in fairness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoo
    I personally don;t think it is fair that people gang up on rovers or their board over this. Fair enough, the whole thing is a bit of a fook up but it would be to everyone's advantage if for once we could work together under either the joint eircom league or FAI or a group of clubs and try and get this stadium built with a view to sharing it among ourselves and maybe with others. It always had the potential to be a flagship stadium in fairness
    Work together ? In fairness, how can you expect clubs who have worked so hard over the past few years such as Shels, Bohs, Cork, Longford etc.... to work along side a club run as bad as Rovers. This is nothing against there fans or an attack of any sort. But they have there own things to worry about rather than trying to sort out other clubs problems.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Agreed, it's a real pity though. FFS, it's issues like this that really let us down when it comes to PR. I know that's not the be all and end all but with the potential that stadium has in terms of PR, the thought of losing it is appalling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Maybe Dublin City F.C. will sub-let there let of Tolka with you lot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek
    Maybe Dublin City F.C. will sub-let there let of Tolka with you lot.
    That's a great idea and in exchange we could let you use our MANAGER for 2 training sessions a week