Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre match meet up

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts

Pre match meet up

After the game on Monday and all the doom and gloom around the club, I was thinking of a way we could try and improve the atmosphere for Saturday and try get everyone together before the game. I got in touch with JP Reilly and he has kindly offered to host our pre match meet up and put on €3 pints for all Town fans. I've set up an event here and I'm hoping it will help create some sort of atmosphere for Saturday. https://www.facebook.com/events/1676049619278445/

Everyone welcome.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    great work Outspoken. I doubt I will be in as will be with Kyle and getting a lift. hopefully it will take off.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    great work Outspoken. I doubt I will be in as will be with Kyle and getting a lift. hopefully it will take off.
    Cheers Marty, it's time to take the whole thing by the scruff of the neck and try get some bit of noise at home games again.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Cheers Marty, it's time to take the whole thing by the scruff of the neck and try get some bit of noise at home games again.
    does that mean if this takes off Sat that the ban will be broken or is this for the stand only?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Not sure what ban you are referring to. The idea is to get as many people young and old over to Section O and make one hell of a racket. If things don't go so well and the numbers simply aren't there then maybe we might look into trying something else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Not sure what ban you are referring to. The idea is to get as many people young and old over to Section O and make one hell of a racket. If things don't go so well and the numbers simply aren't there then maybe we might look into trying something else.
    no I mean were a few of ye comin back from the stand for this? typical bad grammar for me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Just want to make it clear Marty, there is no breakaway from Section O. I noticed a lot of section O regulars in the stand at the pats game, myself included, but I think that was down to the fact that people knew numbers would be low and the atmosphere wouldn't be great so a lot of people just weren't bothered. Hence why I'm trying to drum something up tomorrow night.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Just want to make it clear Marty, there is no breakaway from Section O. I noticed a lot of section O regulars in the stand at the pats game, myself included, but I think that was down to the fact that people knew numbers would be low and the atmosphere wouldn't be great so a lot of people just weren't bothered. Hence why I'm trying to drum something up tomorrow night.
    thats a relief as i was down in the dumps over it. thats a relief!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Thanks to everyone who turned up both in jp's and section O. Massive improvement in atmosphere and appearance (flags, banners, tifo's etc) and while numbers were far from special I honestly think we have a base to build off now and as a result I will be running these meet ups for all home games as i think numbers will start to improve from here. cmon de town.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Thanks to everyone who turned up both in jp's and section O. Massive improvement in atmosphere and appearance (flags, banners, tifo's etc) and while numbers were far from special I honestly think we have a base to build off now and as a result I will be running these meet ups for all home games as i think numbers will start to improve from here. cmon de town.
    only concern that I have Outspoken is if the stewards come around to us again at the next home game and forcibly remove one of our lads for not payin the fine wot do we do? I would be happy to chip in towards the fine so to guarantee that individual goes to games.It would depend on what the rest of the Section O lads want to do if they would be happy to do so.. I dont really want to cause a scene and its awkward for me being a member of the Supporters Club committee... As I get the criticism like I got at the end of last season! Wot do other people think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    only concern that I have Outspoken is if the stewards come around to us again at the next home game and forcibly remove one of our lads for not payin the fine wot do we do? I would be happy to chip in towards the fine so to guarantee that individual goes to games.It would depend on what the rest of the Section O lads want to do if they would be happy to do so.. I dont really want to cause a scene and its awkward for me being a member of the Supporters Club committee... As I get the criticism like I got at the end of last season! Wot do other people think?
    Personally I have been trying to avoid this issue online for a while now as I had my say on it and it's not helpful for anyone to be talking about it online but unfortunately due to the club we are still talking about a minor incident five months later and it's leaving a horrible dark cloud over the atmosphere at home and away games. It's time for the club (or more like certain board members) to stop this power trip they are on and forget about it and move on. We've lost enough supporters over the oriel incident last season as it is and we can't afford to be banning fans who travel home and away without fail every week. I'm struggling to run busses and these lads are my core base so without them that will fall apart. I'm tried my best last week to get numbers over to Section O and it's a slow hard struggle and the club sending stewards over saying lads would be left outside at the next home game didn't help one bit. If the lads are not let in against Dundalk i personally think I will have to take a long hard think about attending any more home games this season as a lot of the people I stood with for years have stopped going over it already and I would find it an unenjoyable experience if the rest were banned. That's all I'm going to say on the matter. I had hoped we had moved on and wouldn't have to speak about it again but the club continue to go around in circles im afraid.

The sad thing is, this could have all been easilly avoided if the club had just sent someone over and said look we got a fine for x amount, will you lads chip in a fiver or a tenner each and don't let any more off this season. That would have been the end of it, but instead certain people decided to start throwing letters and their weight around and look what happened. I sent an email to the club at the end of the season saying this is exactly why a supporters liaison officer should be appointed but as usual it probably wasn't even read, this is why we need a press officer. It's small improvements like this that would push the club onto a much more professionally run footing, and you can't say it's down to lack of volunteers as the club keep turning help away. Attendances are f*cking awful at the moment and incidents like this are one of the main reasons behind it.
    Last edited by outspoken; 22/03/2016 at 1:45 AM.

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Is the reason for the ban been the club been fined for a few idiots letting off flares which they know are banned? From what I know the club got fined because of these idiots so it should be up to them to pay the fines for their idiotic behaviour and not the clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Is the reason for the ban been the club been fined for a few idiots letting off flares which they know are banned? From what I know the club got fined because of these idiots so it should be up to them to pay the fines for their idiotic behaviour and not the clubs.
    to be honest the majority of them that had let them off used to be on our side and stopped goin over the last while. with our lads who are regulars that were caught I am not goin to excuse it but this was never done before majorly which proves the culprits are outside the club! the club havent a clue over this whole episode on how its effectin people and unless theres a clean sweep of the board things will never change!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    It's how it was done. A simple sit down and ask for a whip around among section O would have sorted the whole thing. Instead one board member in particular decided to throw his weight around and his actions from last season have cost us a lot of fans. If someone makes a mistake in a position of power they should face consequences, voluntary or not. We are the last club in a position to be banning passionate young fans given our sh1te attendances.

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Well the club wouldn't of had to deal with it if the idiots involved paid heed to the rules of no flares. Those idiots should shut the f*ck up about been banned or the way it was dealt with or just pay the fine that they should of paid. It annoys me the way these boys are going around giving out about how the club dealt with it when they were dead right. Play by the rules or get out. Simple as.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    IT was a cup semi final ffs, the man on the street could tell you there would be pyro. It's never been an issue before. Look at all the other clubs at it every week and you don't see them losing their life over it. Our board is as backwards as sin and that's the issue here.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Harps were in the FAI cup semi final two years ago in Richmond Park live on TV, had play off games in front of huge crowds last year, and this season started out with a couple of big crowds again with Derry at home especially having 5,000 people in the ground. We just left Sligo at the weekend having packed out their away section too.

We had no need for pyro to create colour and noise in any of those games. We knew better than to purposefully cause big money fines for our club.

Anyone that partakes in this nonsense and has the balls to complain about it when they're caught by the club needs to take a good long hard look at themselves. It's against the rules. Simple as that.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

26. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Big fine, it was 150 euro. Had they asked all of us to chip in (I'm not one of the banned parties btw) we would have had no bother doing so, however, the club went about it in a sneaky fashion by waiting until the final home game of the season to slap people with letters and let's not forget wrongfully issued letters to a life long supporter who hasn't been back to a game since as a result. A large group of supporters boycotted the dinner dance as a result and as I've said we've lost a lot of fans over this issue and it's cost the club far more than 150 euro ever will. The face we are still talking about this 5 months later shows the club have made a balls of dealing with it and it should be just forgotten about now. We had 300 people at our last home game and the club want to ban 5 members of section O, even though we only had about 20 over there for the last game. The whole thing is a mess.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Was the fine not €1500? Thought I read that at the time.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    €1,500 per flare.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast