Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Brandywell a safe venue to visit?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Can anyone from Cork confirm whether the Cork fans involved have been banned from Turners Cross?

I read some comments to this effect but they may not be correct.
    I wonder where you could have read this. Maybe its time your own lot started banning that shower in the shed. I've heard the stewards up in Oriel are afraid to even throw them out when they start, anyway back to your comment................UNTRUE. NEXT QUESTION.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Enough of the whataboutery Strikeforce, clarification of a rumour, that was acknowledged as possibly inaccurate, was all that was asked for. Do you not think there is enough attempts at scattering responsibility in this thread already without pointing the finger at a club that wasnt involved. Just a bit over defensive imo! It was an unsavoury incident that needs to be dealt with going forward no matter who was involved, batons, bottles, or sticks as weapons of choice, prearranged or not?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Enough of the whataboutery Strikeforce, clarification of a rumour, that was acknowledged as possibly inaccurate, was all that was asked for. Do you not think there is enough attempts at scattering responsibility in this thread already without pointing the finger at a club that wasnt involved. Just a bit over defensive imo! It was an unsavoury incident that needs to be dealt with going forward no matter who was involved, batons, bottles, or sticks as weapons of choice, prearranged or not?!
    Clarification of an untrue rumour on the national press and national radio and eyewitness reports not good enough anymore. Nesta your around long enough to know certain people on here were fishing and hoping to land the big one....all they got though was a old wellie. Some people have no problem ridiculing another club, but when the manure is hurled back over the ditch regarding their club....well their skins aint as thick as what they thought. We all have problems with issues effecting our clubs but ffs give it a break. Matter dealt with as far as I'm concerned. I like that word though Nesta ( Whataboutery ) should try and get it included in the Oxford dictionary.
    Last edited by strikeforce; 15/03/2016 at 7:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    'whataboutery' yup a good word alright but a long time on the go in the North and up this neck of the woods anyway - describes Irish politics perfectly and quite a few threads on Foot.ie too. I dont know if there was trolling going on above but ye know what they say about starving 'em!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Can we have a bit of letsgetalongerism introduced at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Thought there was plenty of letsgetalangerism already happening!?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    PSNI statement:

After 10.25pm on Friday 11 March, police received two reports of an altercation occurring between a group of males in the Lecky Road area of Derry/Londonderry. One of the reports stated that the group were throwing bottles at each other and at passing cars. A wing mirror on one car was broken as a result.
    When police attended some minutes later, approximately 20 youths were in the area. There was no altercation occurring, though the youths threw a number of stones and bottles at the police vehicle.

http://www.derryjournal.com/news/cor...#ixzz42yrFWO4a

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MattB11 View Post
    Away fans allowed out for pints at HT in the Brandywell? Terribly amateurish
    Few of our lads went for pints in the horseshoe next to turners last night. Previously been allowed to do so in Inchicore also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Few of our lads went for pints in the horseshoe next to turners last night.
    Supporters or players?

10. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Supporters or players?
    fans!mind you the way our players played last nite they looked drunk to me!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Few of our lads went for pints in the horseshoe next to turners last night. Previously been allowed to do so in Inchicore also.
    Hasn't been allowed in Inchicore in years

Formerly skibbereen co.cork but now Oregon USA
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I can understand why but one time we arrived late and they would not let us into the ground. Luckily the game was on TV so we could watch in the bar next door. Personally If i was the bar next to the ground I would not sponsor the club. They could sell 50 pints in halftime no problem.
    west cork district league
    west cork commandos

Formerly skibbereen co.cork but now Oregon USA
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    It's not allowed in most grounds.

More bus windows smashed in at the Brandywell than all the other grounds combined. can happen anywhere, but does happen regularly there. Most Derry fans I know are mortified by it
    Iv had trouble in Drogheda a few times before, Similar to Derry where a group of non fans cause trouble around the ground

Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    So you were wrong is it? Some very disappointing comments and accusations towards the City fans on here despite all media reporting the opposite.

While incidents inside the ground can be managed by Derry stewards, general law and order outside the ground cannot be done by stewards. Only the PSNI can do this. It's about time that Derry City FC face up to this before their good name gets tarnished by these non DCFC fans.
    Although I may have exaggerated a little in that the 2 picked up from Belfast were not hooligans or that anything was arranged but a video that is being shared on facebook show a few Cork City fans starting a fight outside the ground. I don't think every Cork fan on the same bus was involved but the video does not lie. So neither of my previous post's were 100% accurate and maybe if there is more evidence either way this might not be correct but not all Cork City fan's were angels but it wasn't a pre arranged fight either.
    west cork district league
    west cork commandos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by citybone View Post
    Iv had trouble in Drogheda a few times before, Similar to Derry where a group of non fans cause trouble around the ground

Although I may have exaggerated a little in that the 2 picked up from Belfast were not hooligans or that anything was arranged but a video that is being shared on facebook show a few Cork City fans starting a fight outside the ground. I don't think every Cork fan on the same bus was involved but the video does not lie. So neither of my previous post's were 100% accurate and maybe if there is more evidence either way this might not be correct but not all Cork City fan's were angels but it wasn't a pre arranged fight either.

You seem to have a horn about the whole thing, As your posting non stop across a few different forums. You've embarrased yourself. You have travelled with those involved a number of times before you left for the yank and now see fit to try pin the blame on them. Somehow I don't think you'll be welcomed as much when you return.

There were two videos put on facebook last night. One shows a group of 15/20 Derry locals smashing bottles and kicking the head off two City fans outside the brandywell bar. The other shows fighting from both sides nearer the bluebell as City fans tried to get back to town and to be honest the only thing that was clear as day in that one was some City fan telling young lads about 10 years old to stay in the shop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by citybone View Post

Actually I've read your post back again.

1) You've admitted to exaggerating previously
    2) You use the term ''I dont think every city fan''
    3) You then say your prevous posts were not accurate
    4) And also say that the video doesn't lie but if there was more evidence you may not be correct.

What exactly was the point of your post? Lots of if's and but's in there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    The obvious thing here is to revert to old and just blame Shamrock Rovers fans for everything, everyone will nod, roll the eyes and move on!

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Hasn't been allowed in Inchicore in years
    Yeah was only a LSL game to be fair, was when that pub on the corner was open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Derry City need to act now on these young lads. It's the same group of fellas involved in the mess at Finn Park last week with the flags and flare throwing onto the field, as well as reportedly going around kicking cars in the Aldi car park beside the ground.

Like it or not, and while they may not be 'real' supporters of Derry, they're going around Derry matches and causing bother and it's a situation I hope Derry sort out with the PSNI or other authorities very quickly before it gets too out of hand.

This small hooligan element is something that's totally alien to most League of Ireland supporters, and I'd hate to see it creeping into our league further.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    Broken Britain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast