Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 11th-14th March Fixtures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Corks troubles on the road continuing? Seems as predicted that Harps while organised well Dundalk were still in the old 2nd gear. Youths and then Cork in Oriel unless they beat Longford are putting themselves in catchup/ stalk terrority very early on where others dropping pints are key?!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    First Division Champions 2016 Limerick FC never got out of neutral during a training session at the rsc tonight.

I kind of wish we would stop conceding charity goals but I suppose it's nice to be nice. Afterall we might aswell build up some good will during our Nationwide First Division Champions Tour 2016 or I suppose it's all a bit pointless really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Corks troubles on the road continuing? Seems as predicted that Harps while organised well Dundalk were still in the old 2nd gear. Youths and then Cork in Oriel unless they beat Longford are putting themselves in catchup/ stalk terrority very early on where others dropping pints are key?!?
    Harps worked hard but had very little up front. Their main threat is set pieces but Dundalk are so good at defending those.

I thought we didn't control possession as well as normal. Resting O'Donnell left a big hole in midfield and Shields had one of his rare off nights.

McEleney is slotting in nicely and will score a lot of goals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Harps not disgraced well beat but I'm happy with the effort shown,Scully was definitely fouled in the build up for the second goal
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Rovers were absolute gash, and do not look to have improved one iota from last seasons side.
    other than Brando, its a middle of the road team with no pace, constant sideways passing and players who look unfit.

still, on a happy note , looks like sligs are confirming my predictions of them going down.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Thought Dundalk were a little flat tonight, laboured through the match at times, crossing was poor especially in the fist half, overall we found it hard to get our flowing game going, 3-0 was a decent win though so its hard to be criticial.

It's always good to start off with a win in your first home game, but a lot of players under performed. I think resting Gartland and O'Donnell was a good idea especially as it gave Barrett a chance at centre half and also to see what other options there are in MF, although this was the area where we were quiet enough tonight.

Finn Harps to their credit kept their shape, and stuck with Dundalk for most of the match.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Kurtis Byrne with a peach for Bohs tonight. Bohs were poor overall tonight. Never really got the ball down on the ground. Referee was very poor.
    Sligo to be fair to them looked decent, and tried to play football. Roberts is going to be a handful.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Conor Powell playing the captain's role tonight and ensuring that we played the second half with ten men. The second yellow a ridiculous tackle apparently. Sounds like we didn't too badly all things considered. Shame we have Cork away on Monday so we'll get feck all from that either.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Longford started OK and should have been 1 up after a couple of minutes when Haverty was left unmarked in the box but had his shot blocked. Did very little after that though and Pats were on top for most of the game

Sending off was for 2 yellows and both absolutely deserved. Ref was rubbish all night but gave both teams some iffy decisions

In the second half. Longford played very deep and Pats took their time going forward. Goal was well worked. Longford stayed very very defensive until about 5/10 to go and then had a bit of a go. Restricted to shots from distance though

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    Didn't expect too much from tonights game to be honest.

Dundalk were able to step up a gear when they needed to. Harps done well in patches but silly mistakes cost badly.

Without jumping on the bandwagon too much, or too late, the pitch in Oriel...holy christ..I'd take the mudbath that is Finn Park over it anyway.

EDIT: The pitch took it's toll on Harps anyway. Ciaran Coll taken to hospital in Drogheda with what appears to be a serious knee injury simply from landing down on the ground after jumping. Could potentially be career threatening, the same knee he done his anterior cruciate ligament, missing the entire 2010 season for.
    Last edited by nigel-harps1954; 11/03/2016 at 11:03 PM.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    First Division Champions 2016 Limerick FC never got out of neutral during a training session at the rsc tonight.

I kind of wish we would stop conceding charity goals but I suppose it's nice to be nice. Afterall we might aswell build up some good will during our Nationwide First Division Champions Tour 2016 or I suppose it's all a bit pointless really.
    Ha ha ha thata great reporting!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Kurtis Byrne with a peach for Bohs tonight. Bohs were poor overall tonight. Never really got the ball down on the ground. Referee was very poor.
    Sligo to be fair to them looked decent, and tried to play football. Roberts is going to be a handful.
    Fair summary.Pitch was crap too.Sligo have lots of fat blokes and will easily finish mid table if/when they get fit.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Indeed.

I would also like to congratulate all involved with Limerick FC on sealing the Div 1 title tonight.
    Granted, there are a couple of games remaining but lets not pretend those are anything but a procession to be enjoyed now.

To give this some imagery, Limerick FC are presently an eight foot, skeletal grim reaper, in a Limerick replica top with a massive stainless steel titanium tipped penis spraying molten lava everywhere while the rest of the Div 1 villagers search in vain for someplace to hide.

God Bless.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Fair summary.Pitch was crap too.Sligo have lots of fat blokes and will easily finish mid table if/when they get fit.
    I didn't want to say it, but yes I thought a few Sligo lads looked slightly paunched alright.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post

Dundalk were able to step up a gear when they needed to. Harps done well in patches but silly mistakes cost badly.

Without jumping on the bandwagon too much, or too late, the pitch in Oriel...holy christ..I'd take the mudbath that is Finn Park over it anyway.

EDIT: The pitch took it's toll on Harps anyway. Ciaran Coll taken to hospital in Drogheda with what appears to be a serious knee injury simply from landing down on the ground after jumping. Could potentially be career threatening, the same knee he done his anterior cruciate ligament, missing the entire 2010 season for.
    I've said many times before I'm not a fan of our pitch but I think the appearance at times looks a lot worse than it actually is. It generally provides for a decent game, also there is no argument that it contributes to injuries, this has been proven in our limited injuries and very little visiting team players being injured.

That said I would much prefer a return to grass.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    The Guards would love it. Lads getting tanked up during and after the parades and then heading to the ground for a football match.
    If you had it at 3pm I'd say you'd minimise that. Guards would probably welcome a few thousand people going to stadiums and not drinking for a few hours.

Poor performance from Rovers but got a bit of luck (couple of great saves from Murphy) and won out in the end. No point panicking yet as we're two from two with no goals conceded, but hopefully a much bigger performance in the two games next week.
    Last edited by Charlie Darwin; 12/03/2016 at 1:55 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

Dundalk have got more injuries in 2 years on grass than Oriel so don't go blaiming the pitch!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

There is no substitute for a good grass pitch but some in the league are a disgrace. Brays and Corks are two I've seen this season already. I'll take a high bounce off a pitch any day than constant bobbles and ball getting stuck in long grass.

I guarantee Harps were able to pass the ball a lot better in Oriel than they were in Ballybofay.

As for the injury. Can you explain to me how the pitch caused it?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

I think the responses to your pitch post so far have been considered and measured

Kinda like how an unstable psychiatric patient is approached

PS Don't forget there is an exclusive Oriel Park pitch and facilities thread for full-on venting

22. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Ref was desperate last night. Powell was correctly sent off but he let a Pats player off without a yellow for a tackle similar to Powell's first yellow and then just before Pats goal Josh was taken out of it by the last defender and ref bottled it and didn't even give a free! But earlier he deemed a slip by a Pats defender was worthy of a free. But these things shouldn't surprise me with our match officials. As I said in previous posts we'll struggle to score in a lot of games this year. Pats are only a shadow of lasts years team, I don't think they'll be up to much this year. On to Cork Monday night.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast