Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Attendances 2016

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Looked more to me too tbh but I can't think of a reason to lie. Tax?
    There's no VAT on tickets so probably not. Limerick almost certainly spend more than they take in so doubt there'd be an income tax liability either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    There's no VAT on tickets so probably not. Limerick almost certainly spend more than they take in so doubt there'd be an income tax liability either.
    So it's the far more likely scenario of us being wrong and official attendance being right....that's no fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I think most regulars to the market's Field would have a good guess on crowd sizes at this stage. Certainly the largest crowd on the popular side since the Finn Harps play off game. Main stand 3/4 full? Plus 50 or so from drogheda. Can't see it any less than 1500 myself. No idea why they'd underestimate the attendance if they did.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I think the official attendance sounds about right. Thought there was definitely more gaps than usual in the stand from my vantage point directly opposite. Twas nice of the club to bring the Drogheda lad on his stag out to take a couple of penalties at half-time too, great gesture.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Just as he was announcing the attendance I said 1,400-1,500. Thought the stand was fairly busy, behind the goals was busier than usual and also the popular side. Drogheda had a nice few fans down also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Still great attendances for the 1st. Amazing what the stadium move has done for the club. Even a relegation hasn't turned into the usual club implosion we normally see. Haven't been to The MF but hope to next season. Presuming you are promoted of course

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    Was that the biggest away crowd in the MF so far? Of the games I've seen it was.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Would have been about 20 or 30 more in Cork, only for the Stewards and Gardai who for some reason decided to pick 3 or 4 lads out from each group and not let them in! Not the first time in Cork either!

See 1 lad of no more than 14/15 getting turned away for being 'Too Drunk' and when his dad went to try and explain to the Steward he wasn't drinking and had been in a car with him whole way, the exact words were '**** Off'! He had to go to a Guard inside the ground to let him out of the ground so his son wouldn't be alone outside

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Was that the biggest away crowd in the MF so far? Of the games I've seen it was.
    Nobody has brought anything major tbh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Just as he was announcing the attendance I said 1,400-1,500. Thought the stand was fairly busy, behind the goals was busier than usual and also the popular side. Drogheda had a nice few fans down also.
    I thought the occasion was a great advert for first div football. Two teams who played a good game, decent crowd and weather in a nice ground.
    You've got no fans.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Surely Harps brought more?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I can't actually remember how many Harps had that day because we had the stand full of home fans too.

13. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Would have been about 20 or 30 more in Cork, only for the Stewards and Gardai who for some reason decided to pick 3 or 4 lads out from each group and not let them in! Not the first time in Cork either!

See 1 lad of no more than 14/15 getting turned away for being 'Too Drunk' and when his dad went to try and explain to the Steward he wasn't drinking and had been in a car with him whole way, the exact words were '**** Off'! He had to go to a Guard inside the ground to let him out of the ground so his son wouldn't be alone outside
    20 - 30 - your exaggerating significantly. Most of the Dundalk crowd were fine - however a few were really drunk. Some got in - some near the end were stopped - typical situation arose with guys involved and those with them getting aggressive, smart arsy, justifation etc etc. Some cooled off and were allowed in, others (less than 10) were not. Difficult situation for security who have a difficult job and have to put up with a lot of crap.

The youngfella was allowed in and in fact Cork City subsidised his ticket as he didn't have enough money on him and his father was not around.

15. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    835 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    was there even a bus at all outspoken? Glad I went on the **** in Carrick on Shannon last nite! more entertaining with the hen does than watch Longford town these days!
    No Marty, think the day of the busses are gone. Hopefully after the summer we will get younger supporters back out

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,395 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    I can't actually remember how many Harps had that day because we had the stand full of home fans too.
    There was only around 120-150 Harps fans in Limerick that day. A lot of Limerick fans were in the stand too though so hard to judge it too accurately.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    542 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    No Marty, think the day of the busses are gone. Hopefully after the summer we will get younger supporters back out
    a tragedy. no offence but I never understood the real reasons why supporters club relinquished control of the buses to section o. for starters as soon as supporters in the stand hear its section o they would be put off by it! I thought it was a bad move. My understanding of it was the time in 2013 we made a major loss on it due to the person who was responsible for collecting it made a major mistake the time in Mervue. The more I think of it the more I think this was a panic decision. My respect for the ones in the supporters club on the committee went downhill after that!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    835 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    a tragedy. no offence but I never understood the real reasons why supporters club relinquished control of the buses to section o. for starters as soon as supporters in the stand hear its section o they would be put off by it! I thought it was a bad move. My understanding of it was the time in 2013 we made a major loss on it due to the person who was responsible for collecting it made a major mistake the time in Mervue. The more I think of it the more I think this was a panic decision. My respect for the ones in the supporters club on the committee went downhill after that!
    Yeah your dead right someone made a boo boo and threw the toys out of the pram, no point sugar coating it. I stopped branding the busses as section o or supporters club and just advertised them as a supporters bus but as you said people put 2 and 2 together and make 5.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I assume he means the biggest away crowd brought to the Markets Field in the first division. Plenty of teams brought more last season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    There was only around 120-150 Harps fans in Limerick that day. A lot of Limerick fans were in the stand too though so hard to judge it too accurately.
    I reckon that would be the biggest away following in the Markets Field so far alright.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerh View Post
    20 - 30 - your exaggerating significantly. Most of the Dundalk crowd were fine - however a few were really drunk. Some got in - some near the end were stopped - typical situation arose with guys involved and those with them getting aggressive, smart arsy, justifation etc etc. Some cooled off and were allowed in, others (less than 10) were not. Difficult situation for security who have a difficult job and have to put up with a lot of crap.

The youngfella was allowed in and in fact Cork City subsidised his ticket as he didn't have enough money on him and his father was not around.
    These stories just seem to repeat themselves. You get the victimisation-type story, and then you hear the other side, which tends to make a little more sense. It's always the same clubs too. I've never heard Galway/Limerick/Derry/Longford (among others) fans coming on with such stories.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

24. Thanks From:

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast