Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Sean Connor

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sean Connor

I've been told that your manager claims to have been our (Shepshed Dynamo) assistant manager. To put the record straight, he was our Reserve Team assistant manager - for approx 1 week only!

This reminds me of an occasion about 5 years ago when our club got a phone call from another English non-league club (Leek Town), querying the claims that their reserve team manager had made on his CV. That manager was Sean Connor.

Leek had also found out that his claims to have played for Port Vale were false, as were his claims re. his UEFA coaching badge.

Thought you might like to know...

PS, please pass on our regards to Gez Carr - a former Shepshed player.
    Last edited by Andy Mac; 09/01/2005 at 1:54 PM.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    he must have done one hell of an interview

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Reminds me of the time this dude got a game for Southampton after he claimed to be George Weah's cousin and 'George' rang Souness to recommend him..needless to say he was a complete fake..On this subject it doesn't say much for the Sligo board if they've employed someone who's lied about his qualifications and experience.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian
    On this subject it doesn't say much for the Sligo board if they've employed someone who's lied about his qualifications and experience.
    Sure we all know the Sligo board is a joke anyway
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mac
    I've been told that your manager claims to have been our (Shepshed Dynamo) assistant manager. To put the record straight, he was our Reserve Team assistant manager - for approx 1 week only!

This reminds me of an occasion about 5 years ago when our club got a phone call from another English non-league club (Leek Town), querying the claims that their reserve team manager had made on his CV. That manager was Sean Connor.

Leek had also found out that his claims to have played for Port Vale were false, as were his claims re. his UEFA coaching badge.

Thought you might like to know...
    This does'nt surprise me at all, but we've hired him now so we should wait and see if he is a big con-man or a good manager
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Easy enough to find out isnt it? Any decent journo could find out through a few phone calls, so could the club for that matter.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Folks

Tone down on personal insults please or suspensions from the forum may follow.

As for the continuous threads about the managers CV, I don't know any more than anyone who logs on here, but the football world is a small place and I'm pretty sure that UEFA licences of anyone coming to coach at the Showgrounds have been verified. These threads are mostly repeating the same point over and over again. Anyone got anything new out there?

Paraic
    former (!) webmaster for sligorovers.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Great entertainment lads - keep it up!

Good to see people riding shotgun on the Sligo board -every club needs vigilant fans.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siemprered
    That is the very point about fans being "up in arms" on here amigo, the guys CV was clearly "not" verified, it took me five minutes to establish that most of the claims Sean Connor had made in getting this prestigious position at Sligo Rovers were toally "phoney", as Andy Mac has placed on record on this Rovers web-site? He was a reserve team assistant manager for a week in a side that would be Shepshed Dynamo reserves, playing in the Leicestershire "pub side" league, against the "dog and duck" on Saturday afternoons, a "week" in-post incidentally !!! It appears he has pulled the same gag at Leek FC also, reading Andy Macs posting on here?

Am I going totally nuts here? Or is the management at Sligo Rovers totally off their rockers in making such an appointment? Eight games I/C, two wins, hard to argue about that Paraic? "Act in haste, repent at Leisure"? Surely the CV of all applicants was fully verified at the time? A claim to have played for Port Vale FC is a very serious misrepresentation of the truth? They have never heard of him at that professional club near Stoke. Is the guy fond of mendacious claims? Can the fans now trust him if he is prepared to lie so flippantly about his past?

This is a serious breach of contract, and is a dismissable offence in anyones company? Over to you members of the jury. Why will Mr Connor or Mr Toolan not come on here and explain this fiasco to the loyal fans there, surely they deserve more form the club? Or is Mr Toolan so autocratic in his managemant style that the fans can "go to hell"? Leeds and Bradford FC both that style of management, look where it has got them?

This saga sounds more like something from the era of your old mate Senor Gil !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red til dead
    is this true or is it jus petmuller or siemprered? just as likely it cud be either knowin dem sad pri*ks
    I was thinking of that too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraic
    but the football world is a small place and I'm pretty sure that UEFA licences of anyone coming to coach at the Showgrounds have been verified.

Paraic
    No offence paraic but as your signature says-webmaster for sligo rovers.com. You would naturally stick up for the club to avoid any embarassment for it, and you are proberly very friendly with Mr.Connor and the fools who run the club.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    For the record, I'm one of the programme editors for Shepshed Dynamo.

Also, we're not a pub side - we play semi-pro football in the UniBond League (Northern Premier League). Like I said, Gez Carr is a former player, and I'm sure he'd object to being called a pub team player. And, from memory, Gez isn't a bloke you'd want to upset!!

The details within my initial post can be verified by our Club Secretary.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Connor

I don't think the matter here is the standard of football shepshed play at, If this is true about the new manager surely serious questions have to be answered here. We all know its very easy to make statements about people on the internet, but can someone please find out if any of this actually true??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raginrover
    I don't think the matter here is the standard of football shepshed play at, If this is true about the new manager surely serious questions have to be answered here. We all know its very easy to make statements about people on the internet, but can someone please find out if any of this actually true??
    Surely it can't be true , the club would have verified the managers coaching badges.

Give Connor a chance he can't do any worse than his predessors he has the contacts and knows his stuff and was personally recommended by Steve Bruce which was more than Sanchez and Cotterhill had and look at them now , apparently Cotterhill told Cheltenham that he won the league with us to get the job. Any person willing to manage Rovers at present deserves a fair chance he can hardly be blamed for results last season when he was assessing the squad and weeding out the deadwood.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    i should have applied myself . in my time with championship manager i have won promotion with rovers to the premier won the champions league with barcelona world cup with germany , uefa cup with celtic ,and also german league champions league double with borrusia dortmund all things i doubut our friend connor has acheieved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo
    i should have applied myself . in my time with championship manager i have won promotion with rovers to the premier won the champions league with barcelona world cup with germany , uefa cup with celtic ,and also german league champions league double with borrusia dortmund all things i doubut our friend connor has acheieved
    Thats a God damn lie! You were only runners up with Barcelona.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.