Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Thanks for the traffic update Outspoken

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Bus is leaving at 4 hopefully we make it on time for once. We haven't had good luck getting down here at all

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    What the hell were the Town fans doing over the stand side last night? Only a handful of them mind you but looked like they were trying to act the hard men going over to the Wexford fans to taunt them. Whoever they were should be ashamed of themselves and bringing a bad name to the club. That type of behaviour is not wanted associated with our club and they should be named and shamed. They were a fu(King disgrace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    What the hell were the Town fans doing over the stand side last night? Only a handful of them mind you but looked like they were trying to act the hard men going over to the Wexford fans to taunt them. Whoever they were should be ashamed of themselves and bringing a bad name to the club. That type of behaviour is not wanted associated with our club and they should be named and shamed. They were a fu(King disgrace.
    To be fair it was 3 young lads who had a little bit too much to drink. They have never chased hassle before and it was only a bit of harmless taunting. The Wexford young lads gave as good as they got throwing coins and other objects (that also happened before the game and I know
    My mates in Wexford were disgusted by it) and as you said it only lasted a second or so as stewards quickly moved them along. I'd rather talk about the fantastic atmsophere that was created last night and how it's important we try and keep as many of the new faces on board as possible. Feedback on the bus home was great from them they really enjoyed it and I'd be hopeful we see them again at CCS and away from home. De town has a great reputation for its well behaved support and that hasn't changed after last night.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Now it lasted more than a few seconds!! There's no need to defend the arseholes that were doing it. No place for eejits like that making a bad name of our club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    I never pull any punches on here I think you know that but I really do think people are over reacting. It lasted a few seconds and if anything it shows that the position of the toilets in Ferrycarrig are a bad idea having to walk past the home end. They might want to reexamine that when an actual mob come to town.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Well from where I was standing it started at halftime and continued on until kick off for the second half so if you call that a few seconds then I don't know what way you count! They seemed to walk away and then came back for more. Little ****s like that give the good supporters a bad name. I used to be a regular in Section O when it began but over the last 5 years there's been a few bad yokes getting involved with them and I disassociated myself with Section O since then. Hard men full of drink taunting the Wexford fans, well I'd love to see them try it in Dalymount or Tallaght because they'll be sent back with their tails between their legs. No need for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Well from where I was standing it started at halftime and continued on until kick off for the second half so if you call that a few seconds then I don't know what way you count! They seemed to walk away and then came back for more. Little ****s like that give the good supporters a bad name. I used to be a regular in Section O when it began but over the last 5 years there's been a few bad yokes getting involved with them and I disassociated myself with Section O since then. Hard men full of drink taunting the Wexford fans, well I'd love to see them try it in Dalymount or Tallaght because they'll be sent back with their tails between their legs. No need for it.
    Haha yeah that's exactly what I said they'd be ''run over'' in a second to use the casual term. I didn't see that at half time as I was in the clubhouse so if your right there than that's a bit silly alright but the flash point if you want to call it that during the second half was nothing more than a bit of hand waving and taunting. Anyway like I said I'd rather focus on the great atmsophere that was created and trying to keep the new faces on board. Massive game Friday now.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    looks like I missed out a lot of what happened.. I doubt these lads will come to section o as I think Section O's days are finished.. I havent really enjoyed goin to matches since the end of last season's trouble so dont you worry they wont come to the lads that will be over our side as that side of the ground was completely empty in preseason.. its not a good start wot happened.

To change the subject slightly how well did we play?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    looks like I missed out a lot of what happened.. I doubt these lads will come to section o as I think Section O's days are finished.. I havent really enjoyed goin to matches since the end of last season's trouble so dont you worry they wont come to the lads that will be over our side as that side of the ground was completely empty in preseason.. its not a good start wot happened.

To change the subject slightly how well did we play?
    Some people might call it a solid display and I suppose defensively it wasn't too bad (although Wexford created sweet feck all). I was very surprised and disappointed with how deep and negative we were, especially second half. I said in a lot of my previews pre season that a lot of our hope would rest on the shoulders of Kevin O'Connor this season and he really looks set for his best season yet in a town shirt so that's what I'm most looking forward to in the coming weeks.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I must have been watching a different match ( not for the first time)
    Kevin O Connor did well for 15 minutes, scored a nice goal and was missing for at least 45 minutes he put in 1 tackle after that.
    Phillip Gannon did 1 good tackle (got booked) only played a bit towards the end when Jamie came on and got stuck into them
    Josh and Davey didn't really cause any problems for the Youths either
    the passing was rubbish apart from maybe 3 good passes 1 great ball to Josh near the end for his goal from Sully i think
    I'm not complaining about the players here it has to be what they were told to do.
    I might be mistaken but I don't remember the goalie and the back 4 bringing the midfield into the game at all, nothing was created from the back that I remember Wexford were all over us until Jamie came on in midfield and even then there wasn't much let up.
    It was the first game and we had to win, which we did, so if we play that badly and still win it can only get better
    Not for the first time I am very concerned about our midfield's capabilities to cope with a passing and moving team, as Outspoken say's we drop deeper and deeper and let them bombard us for ages fair play to the defense but if Wexford had a little more quality they would surely have won the game
    no doubt we will disagree but that's how I saw it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    I must have been watching a different match ( not for the first time)
    Kevin O Connor did well for 15 minutes, scored a nice goal and was missing for at least 45 minutes he put in 1 tackle after that.
    Phillip Gannon did 1 good tackle (got booked) only played a bit towards the end when Jamie came on and got stuck into them
    Josh and Davey didn't really cause any problems for the Youths either
    the passing was rubbish apart from maybe 3 good passes 1 great ball to Josh near the end for his goal from Sully i think
    I'm not complaining about the players here it has to be what they were told to do.
    I might be mistaken but I don't remember the goalie and the back 4 bringing the midfield into the game at all, nothing was created from the back that I remember Wexford were all over us until Jamie came on in midfield and even then there wasn't much let up.
    It was the first game and we had to win, which we did, so if we play that badly and still win it can only get better
    Not for the first time I am very concerned about our midfield's capabilities to cope with a passing and moving team, as Outspoken say's we drop deeper and deeper and let them bombard us for ages fair play to the defense but if Wexford had a little more quality they would surely have won the game
    no doubt we will disagree but that's how I saw it
    No no I totally agree with what your saying but Kev did score the goal and will be key to our chances this season and it was Gannon who got the wonderful assist for O'Hanlon's goal. O'Hanlon ran his socks off but was so iscolated there was little he could do for 90 minutes while Sully was totally lost and no offence to him but useless out wide. We can't play like that on Friday. Cmon de town.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    greatest load of ****e tonight. think the real brains behind Longford Town is the reason why we are ****. Graham Lawlor was the real brains and not TC. i wont go into details as I will bore ye but based on what I have seen I think we will go down. its the biggest loss in the league since before Stephen Kennys time 6-0 to Limerick in Mickey O Connors time. We lost 7-1 to Finn Harps away in FAI Cup.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    I predicted us to finish bottom and it's looking good for that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    I don't want to admit it, or think about it, but we have big problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    I don't want to admit it, or think about it, but we have big problems.
    On and off the field. Can't see there being more than 500 at the game on Saturday. When rovers are selling 1000 season tickets and cork can attract over 2000 on a Monday, how are we really meant to compete? We cant

17. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    On a positive note I'm hearing Rhys is getting his plaster off on Monday

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    I can't see this 4-3-3 formation working for us either. The two games I seen midfield was over run and I can only imagine it was worse last night. We don't have Premier Division goal scoring strikers. Josh has talent but I don't think he's a natural goal scorer. Davy is a decent goalscorer but whether he'll get us 15 goals in the Premier which is what you'd be looking for, I don't think he can. Also playing a few players out of position, I just don't understand. He doesn't trust Jamie as a right full so instead plays what could be one of our better centre mid' at right full and he's been targeted as a weak spot and rightly so.

Its going to be a very long season unless TC changes things up a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    I can't see this 4-3-3 formation working for us either. The two games I seen midfield was over run and I can only imagine it was worse last night. We don't have Premier Division goal scoring strikers. Josh has talent but I don't think he's a natural goal scorer. Davy is a decent goalscorer but whether he'll get us 15 goals in the Premier which is what you'd be looking for, I don't think he can. Also playing a few players out of position, I just don't understand. He doesn't trust Jamie as a right full so instead plays what could be one of our better centre mid' at right full and he's been targeted as a weak spot and rightly so.

Its going to be a very long season unless TC changes things up a bit.
    Totally agree with you il hold my hands up now and say I was one of the people who fell into the trap of being over excited by pre season, truth is the teams we played were muck and the ones that were any good beat us. Anyone will tell you if you are playing a narrow 433 like we are you need to extremely attacking full backs and we don't have that so at the moment the ball is being played into Kev or Gannon or Dillon and they are looking for a Hollywood pass everytime to sully or Josh and that's not going to work at this level. When he drops it into a 451, Josh is about 30 yards away from the nearest midfielder, we won't score goals like that. Skinner was shocking tonight as well, can't kick to save his life and balls he should be catching bouncing off him, not that he's to blame for last night. Long season ahead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    we barely created a chance all game.. the one chance we had I think it was Josh that had chance to go one on one with McNulty but chickened out and the chance was lost..Skinner was shocking bad the best of a bad lot!it will be a long hard season ahead..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast