Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Callum O'Dowda M Cardiff b.1995

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Had a header tipped against the bar before being substituted in a 2-0 defeat at Villa Park. Bristol City, who seemed to be going well at one stage, are now only outside the relegation places on goal difference with a game extra played. A couple of relegation six pointers at the weekend as they entertain Burton Albion while Wigan make the short trip to Blackburn.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    O'Dowda was impressive tonight. Started and lasted the 90. Worked hard and kept the ball very well.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    O'Dowda on advice dispensed by Roy Keane: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/f...m-odowda-16654

Quote Originally Posted by Callum O'Dowda
    To have someone like Roy Keane take an interest in me was brilliant. He’s achieved everything there is to achieve in the game and is an inspiration. He’s a great coach to work with and he is always encouraging me and passing on bits and bobs of advice, which is great for young players like myself. There was one conversation we had when he told me to get on the ball and take it forward at every opportunity. That gave me a lot of confidence and, hopefully, can help me now that I’m back at Bristol City.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    'Ireland's Callum O'Dowda dreaming of World Cup after fanzone experience at Euro 2016': http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/socc...world-10587190

Quote Originally Posted by Callum O'Dowda
    I'm always thinking about the World Cup, if I'm honest. I went to Paris and watched the Euros in the fanzone. Watching it, you want to be a part of it. I was close [to the squad] and I was doing the training, but I was envying everyone out there.

I’m always thinking of James [McClean] - he’s the player I want to be. He’s powerful. We were chatting on the bench against Uruguay about who’s quicker. He thinks he is. I think I am. Who wins? I don’t know. Everyone thinks he is, but you never know. He’s got a few years on me. But he’s the type of player I want to be. It’s the key moments and how he just pops up. When James gets on the ball, it gives everyone a lift. That’s what I want to happen. When I get on the ball, I want people to say "OK, let’s see what Callum can do." If I can have a couple of more seasons in the Championship and maybe push on, we’ll see what happens. But it has to start somewhere for me and that’s where I think it’s going to happen - with me coming off the bench and making a positive impact - score a goal, win a game.

6. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    great to see him start his second game in a row. Proper footballer did great to create chance where Murphy was pulled back for what should have been pen against Serbia.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Has really packed in the games since Serbia starts again today nailed on to start Friday with Mcclean Brady Walters out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    He seems to get a lot of great comments from Bristol City fans on Twitter, they seem really pleased with his recent form but are willing him to score his first goal. It's been a seriously long time coming at this stage given what an attacking player he is.

10. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Was delighted to see him play so well last night. He has slot of attributes to play in centre mid and I think that is where he will offer most for us with his technique composure passing range and acceleration surges.think he is much more suited to that role even as a ten than Brady seems to have more football awareness. Love Brady but think he offers most for us wide or left full or maybe deep lying midfield at a push

12. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    I agree re Callum. I think Brady will end up an 8, as opposed to a 10. He has almost everything for there.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Certainly had a good first half . He is a tall rang-ey type player and has a good physical attributes for a footballer .

It will be interesting to see how he developes . O’ Neill for whatever faults he ( O “Neill ) has recognised that the young man has potential .

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Definitely. I think it's quite obvious that from working with Callum, O'Neill believes that the lad will be good enough for the top level.

He has a lot of work to do but he has a very strong skillset. When you couple power in terms of strength and speed with the close control and passing ability he appears to have, then I think you have a very attractive proposition to top level clubs when he gleans better decision-making etc from the experience he's gaining from the exposure he's being afforded at Championship and international level. He's 22. I think he'll be a cracking player by 25.

16. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    That surge and then composure to pick out long for that first half miss was class. I couldn't imagine McLean in that position putting it on a plate for long like that with a controlled pass more likely a smash across goal. Took a lovely corner as well.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Great finish from O'Dowda to put Bristol 4-1 up on Palace in the League Cup
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

20. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    lovely footballer should cherish and nuture him

22. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Good Physique , Good Athlete....Looks to have a great chance of being a very good footballer .

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Good Physique , Good Athlete....Looks to have a great chance of being a very good footballer .
    Would love to see him start in Copenhagen. Daryl Murphy offers very little other than the long hoof ball to his head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
    Would love to see him start in Copenhagen. Daryl Murphy offers very little other than the long hoof ball to his head.
    I think that's somewhat unfair on Murphy who has done what has been asked of him when called upon. He scored the equaliser away in Serbia and scored twice against Moldova to win us that game, so we can thank him for four points anyway. He also managed to draw a foul against Serbia at home that saw their player sent off.

26. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    I think that's somewhat unfair on Murphy who has done what has been asked of him when called upon. He scored the equaliser away in Serbia and scored twice against Moldova to win us that game, so we can thank him for four points anyway. He also managed to draw a foul against Serbia at home that saw their player sent off.
    He did do well against Moldova and fair play to him for netting that equaliser in Serbia because we were headed for a loss that night after taking the lead.
    But in all honesty, looking at him against Serbia at home and even Moldova and Wales as well, he is completely one dimensional in the approach play. He can put away a chance at a similar rate to Shane Long (which is about one in every 8 or 10), but the problem is we don't create that many chances per game. I would love to see O'Neill adopt a counter attacking approach in Copenhagen, with McClean on one wing and O'Dowda on the other and someone like Hoolahan or Brady releasing them behind the advanced Danish defence with incisive passing.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    I think he's destined to have a career in the PL. He seems to have all the attributes. Just needs to develop his decision-making a bit more.

He's so raw. I wonder if it has anything to do with him coming through at a smaller club like Oxford United as opposed to one of the larger academy systems. Not that he'd necessarily trade where he came through as if he were more polished at this stage it might take away from other aspects of his game.

29. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Two assists for O'Dowda as Bristol City lead 2-1 at Sunderland. Seems to be starting to make a bigger impact.

31. Thanks From:

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast