Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luke McNally D Stoke (loan from Burnley) b.1999

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts

Luke McNally D Stoke (loan from Burnley) b.1999

Couldn't find a thread for this lad - seems to have settled in well at Oxford, in spite of being sent off in two EFL Trophy games. 28 appearances and has scored four times in his last 16 from centre-back, And now Spurs have apparently tabled a 2 million pound bid for him: https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...bid-submitted/

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,093 Posts
    Oxford United's fans' forum thread on him is worth a look for more investigation: https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/l...ly.4793/page-7

"McNally has all the attributes to be a Premier League player. He’s quite an athlete for a tall lad with good skill levels on the deck and in the air. Confident with the ball at his feet and strong in the tackle.

in my view he has the most potential of all our recent conveyor belt of centre backs. Whether he fulfills that potential only time will tell but he appears to have a good attitude and that’s important.

Most promising/exciting player in a yellow jersey since Baptiste."

"Inevitable that we’ll see this speculation. As others have pointed out - he’s a phenomenal prospect. Incredibly quick and athletic for his size, improving with the ball at his feet, improving his physicality and game-mentality on an almost weekly basis and strong in the air too.

Completely agree that on the Nelson/Dickie/Atkinson/Dunkley OUFC CB conveyer belt he is by far the one with the most potential (although I maintain that pre-knee injury Nelson was superb). Not sure we’ll be seeing him next season - and certainly not if we’re in League One.

But on the flip side we’ll get a nice fee (plus, as others have perhaps mischievously pointed out, maybe a sell on for Dickie as well!) - and the opportunity to reinvest in the summer when, if we fail to get promoted, the squad will be broken up to a certain extent anyway."

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Came through Pat's underage setup and was loaned to Drogheda in 2019 where he scored 9 goals including a perfect hattrick in the playoffs so he’s clearly a goal threat as he’s shown with Oxford too. He was probably the best player in a poor Pats side in 2020 and there was always a feeling of when he’d get a move to England (not 'if'). Delighted to see him doing so well over there
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Highest ranked CB and ranked 5th overall in League One going by WhoScored which also determines the team of the season.

Would imagine if Spurs really are interested in him that he'll be loaned out to get game time at a higher level. £2m would be steal when you consider Spurs would at least make that back if they moved him on again in a few years.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Starts tonight for Burnley in the EFL cup. Hopefully can put in a good performance and give Kompany something to think about.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Two one-minute appearances for Burnley in the Championship this season. Sheffield Star report that Wednesday have approached Burnley about him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Would be a good replacement for McGuinness if Sheffield Wednesday could get him. Definitely needs a championship loan to get himself a decent championship loan next season. If he's this far down pecking order atm it won't improve much when they get promoted.

Standard Liege supposedly interested in him along with Rotherham and Wigan.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Would be a good replacement for McGuinness if Sheffield Wednesday could get him. Definitely needs a championship loan to get himself a decent championship loan next season. If he's this far down pecking order atm it won't improve much when they get promoted.

Standard Liege supposedly interested in him along with Rotherham and Wigan.

Sending him back to L1 would make little sense considering he already established him as one of the best CB’s in the division when he played at Oxford, logically the idea would be to see can he do a job at a higher level so a move to a championship side or Liege would make more sense.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Looks to be on his way to Coventry on loan.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Makes his Coventry debut today. Sean Maguire on the bench for Mark Robins' team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

positive review after game 1
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 28/01/2023 at 4:47 PM. Reason: Embedded tweet

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    544 Posts
    Funny that. I was at, what was probably his first game for Pats. Think it was maybe against Waterford. First game of the season after he’d gone on loan to Drogheda the previous season.

Anyway, he was so skinny and light at that stage. Tall but he was bullied by Michael O’Connor.

A few years down the line and he’s considered the physical centre half - fair play to him

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Can see why Coventry fans have been raving about him as he was very impressive yesterday. Surprised he didn't get a look in at Burnley when he easily looks Coventrys best CB already. Played a big part in the first goal scored.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Can see why Coventry fans have been raving about him as he was very impressive yesterday. Surprised he didn't get a look in at Burnley when he easily looks Coventrys best CB already. Played a big part in the first goal scored.

That referee must like a physical challenge ( wink).

Those Coventry shirts bring back memories of the 80's or was it even the 1970's ! !

Mind you so did those two tackles ! ! lol.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Ah first one was a great challenge. Second one is just a coming together of two players, not his fault Gelhardt is a delicate flower and gets turned upside. Though surprised it wasn't given and I'd say the players were too.

18. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Ah first one was a great challenge. Second one is just a coming together of two players, not his fault Gelhardt is a delicate flower and gets turned upside. Though surprised it wasn't given and I'd say the players were too.
    Looking at it again, just from that angle ~ ~ The first one was probably a good hard challenge, Probably a bit harder than some you get away with these days.

The second one was a level or two physically harder than you normally get away with these days ~ ~ two opposition players on the ground ~ ~ everyone stopped, expecting a free kick tells its own story.

it's funny how that little ~ Players all stopping ~ often end in a goal ! !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts
    In the Championship team of the week again this week. Is he another who should be called up for the next round of games? I haven’t seen anything of him, bar some highlights, but he’s making waves at a decent level. Does he take Duffys spot? He must be in the running.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Getting in the championship team of the week a couple of times so quickly on your first loan spell is fairly good going. We've plenty of experience though there already. Don't think next month is when it will happen
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    743 Posts
    I'd say Collins, Egan, O'Shea, Omobamidele, Lenihan and Duffy are all ahead of him. So would need injuries to be involved. He may have pushed in front of Dunne and Scales who have both been called up in recent times, although what business Scales had in the squad is anyone's guess. Left footer I suppose, but we have so many better options in the position.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Himself & McGuinnes both doing well and more in the old-fashioned Irish CB mould. No harm having emerging competion here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast