Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Like a Phoenix from the flames

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like a Phoenix from the flames

Just as all were hopeful that Rovers could remain in business, good news is that another club with a long proud tradition in Irish football look set to emerge from a dismal decade. These are exciting times for Limerick FC - please allow us to share our delight that at last there is good news and not a little hope.

http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstor...&viewstory=yes

More news when we get it.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I read that report, but Limerick is "Irelands sporting capital" ???

Maybe Irelands Delusional Capital.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh

That honour has been bestowed on you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well if the city that brought us the Lan ger Song can claim to be cultural anything goes.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

"Ireland's third city..." as well ??

Another example of a Free-Stater keen to forget that the large chunk of land at the top of the island is also in Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

clean sweep :)

Oh what a happy day, and we dont have too many as of yet i cant wait for tonight, just getting some gear ready now. Stadium developments to bring Hogan Park (Stád Luimní) will also be announced as well as loads of other stuff. ahhh im nosebleeding as i type. Bliss! Limerick were 250/1 to get promoted at the end of last season why arnt those bookies taking bets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve
    "Ireland's third city..." as well ??

Another example of a Free-Stater keen to forget that the large chunk of land at the top of the island is also in Ireland
    Exactly. Limerick is 5th - even in the context of the eL it is only 4th!

Lets not forget also that almost every other sport (apart from the beautiful game) operate on a 32 county basis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i think you will find limerick is irelands 3rd city behind dublin and cork and ahead of galway,waterford,kilkenny etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by inexile
    i think you will find limerick is irelands 3rd city behind dublin and cork and ahead of galway,waterford,kilkenny etc
    I don't know if you're trying to wind us up, but Limerick is also behind Belfast (350,000) and Derry (100,000).

I hate trecherous free-staters who seem to be content now with their (only very recently) successful little state, who seem to forget that they are no different to the north except that they were fortunate enough to escape the British yoke when they did. With 'friends' like you, who needs the Brits?

To get back to the point of the thread, Limerick is a large place (larger than Waterford, Drogheda or Longford, Ballybofey/Stranorlar who have teams in the Premier) and there is enough potential in the city to support a successful eL team. Its good that they are getting their house in order at LFC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Obviously nerves have been touched. The report should definitely have said that Limerick is the Republic's 3rd city. We can all agree on that. It was not an attempt to rise and any attempt to get cheap digs off it are out of order.

Back to the thread - great times for Limerick FC and the first story on Morning Ireland sports news this morning - for positive reasons. Let's hope we can really do something this year and silence those on this board that questioned our place in the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    I'm delighted with all this positive news for LFC. I'd be delighted to see another munster team join cork and waterford in the Premier division. Best of Luck to ye.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's great that Limerick have announced these plans and are showing such ambition. It's great to see that Cork City are not the only progressive eL club in Munster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Its brillaint to see Limerick finally get their house in order but a word of warning to the Lims lads here. All the good will shown towards you from our C'a'wkie neighbours will dissipate as soon as you get promoted and start beating them at the X.

After that expect the usual forays concerning livestock, your percieved social and economic status being called into question, the angry alco-pop fuelled posturing and the obligatory band of 14 year olds waiting to beat up your keeper outside the ground.

Welcome back Limerick and get promoted ffs. We miss playing and the craic that we had the last time we were in the Jacks.

UP THE LIMS.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    After that expect the usual forays concerning livestock, your percieved social and economic status being called into question, the angry alco-pop fuelled posturing and the obligatory band of 14 year olds waiting to beat up your keeper outside the ground.
    in fairness, Limerick people are used to most of that already

Anyway, they beat us at the Cross when ye lot were still in the first division annoying ramblers instead of us. In fact, they've probably got a better record against us recently than you lot. It'll be nice to have a real competitive munster derby- its got so boring beating the Blahs all the time......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    "....beating the Blahs (sic) all the time"

what are you talking about my deluded neighbour?

Before you beat us in July, it was your first win against us in 11 attempts, a run that stretched back to 1999/2000 season. Limerick havent been in the top flight since around 1993/94, unless youre counting the Munster Egg Cup games.

3 Munster teams in the Premier, bring it on.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    expect the usual forays concerning livestock, your percieved social and economic status being called into question, the angry alco-pop fuelled posturing and the obligatory band of 14 year olds waiting to beat up your keeper outside the ground.
    Sure we are all well used to your posts and know well to expect no better from the likes of you....

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    good to see limerick on the way back.......it would be even nicer to see another regional club in the premier division.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Limerick havent been in the top flight since around 1993/94, unless youre counting the Munster Egg Cup games.

3 Munster teams in the Premier, bring it on.
    Actually we beat Cork City at the X in 2002 on our way to winning the League Cup. Which I believe is the last senior trophy won by any Munster team.

I agree with the last sentiment of course.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    If you just turn all the goodwill here into a few points you'ld be a shoo in for promotion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhacker
    If you just turn all the goodwill here into a few points you'ld be a shoo in for promotion!
    Absolutely, but we hope that in a couple of seasons that people are no longer feeling sorry for us and are worried that we will beat them - then the Cork lads will be aiming brickbats at us rather than Waterford (who will probablybe relegated by then )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast