Anyone see this ?

Not a goal apparently.
    Attached Images Attached Images

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    2, maybe 3 yards over. It was an abysmal decision. That linesman should hang his head. I just wonder had it been Man U done the same, would it not have been a goal.

Disgraceful decision.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    It was disgraceful. Im sorry to say, but im a utd fan and I must say that Roy Carroll and The lino should hang their heads. I wouldnt mind if it was close but it was a mile over.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fcukin crazy stuff alright and would ya believe it,Fergie didn't see it from where he was.

Two shocking decisions in a couple of days now after Rileys ''Ball to Hand'' to give Chelski a break at Anfield.
    Chamon Mothafcuka......he heeee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DolansWaistcoat
    Two shocking decisions in a couple of days now....
    These incidents strengthen the case for technology to be used. Like most fans, I would prefer not to have to use magic eyes etc. but while this incompetence and blatant dishonesty goes on it has to come.

In the Liverpool/Chesea game, the most annoying thing for me was that Mike Riley has not had the decency to say he got it wrong, even after seeing it several times on TV.

In tonight's incident, the biggest culprit was Roy Carroll who should have had the bottle to signal that the ball was in. I am not a cricket fan but there appears to be a certain 'code of honour' among players when the umpires cannot see clearly.

In football cheating is encouraged and before even talking about players or referees, the two biggest cheats the premiership are Ferguson and Wenger who only see what they want to and criticise any player except their own. It is shameful to think that the two best managers of the last decade choose to, at best, ignore or to, at worst, support cheating.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    What are you all saying? The ball never crossed the line!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Didn't see the game, but let's consider the situation:

Theatre of silence, last minute, away striker scores, or does he?? Referees you see, have different rules to obey in the theatre of silence. So, however clear it was that the ball went in, it can't be given.

The only way you get a goal like that there, is if the ball has hit the stantion, hit all 4 corners of the net, and bounced back out of the net, in order to prevent he who must be obeyed on the home bench, from moaning that it wasn't in.

Still look at the bright side, Spurs didn't lose there for the first time in years, and that crowd are 11 points behind Chelsea with 16 games to go. Let's hope it's 14 after we've sorted them.

Fergie: Face facts, your title's gone.
    Last edited by mypost; 05/01/2005 at 3:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fcukin crazy stuff alright and would ya believe it,Fergie didn't see it from where he was.

It was so obvious I think Arsene even saw it from the dugout in Highbury!!

tut, tut, Alex!

I actually didn't know whether to laugh or cry - Utd dropping all three would have been nice but Spurs getting robbed ain't half bad as a substitute feeling!
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    In fairness, what he said after the game was:

"I think it hammers home what a lot of people have been asking for and that's that technology should play a part in the game, particularly in an incident like that because it clearly shows the ball was over the line"

but it's easy to have a crack off him based on his reputation isn't it
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Ferguson said he couldn't see from the dug out - I'd say the fookin ref and linesman was alot fookin closer. He also said afterwards that it strengthened the need for video technology to be used - despite the fact it would've cost United the points last night.

No different from the rent boys getting away with 2 clear peno's the other day against the dippers - except that it could've been the difference between 3 and no points for them, whereas it was only a point for United....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Never crossed the line anyway

Proof it wasn't a goal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy

No different from the rent boys getting away with 2 clear peno's the other day against the dippers - except that it could've been the difference between 3 and no points for them, whereas it was only a point for United....
    There is a distinct difference between awarding a winning goal in injury time and awarding an oppertunity to score a goal early in a game in my opinion - there's no guarantee in the world that the penalties would have been converted but it is unquestionable that the ball crossed the line for a valid goal.
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    "Rent boys"? "Dippers"?

I wondered what you eL heads did in the close season. Now I know; you obviously spend the time inventing nicknames for English clubs...

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy
    "Rent boys"? "Dippers"?

I wondered what you eL heads did in the close season. Now I know; you obviously spend the time inventing nicknames for English clubs...

PP
    I can't take the credit for coming up with those nicknames - just part of my manc education - and come on, everyone knows that Scousers are Bin Dippers

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    I know what you mean, and it looks like Glazers' "Home Counties Hotshots" will finish 3rd anyway irrespective of the point they were gifted. But to be fair its worth bearing in mind that there was another team involved, and those 2 points could be costly to Spurs come the end of the season interms of Champions League or UEFA Cup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I can't take the credit for coming up with those nicknames - just part of my manc education - and come on, everyone knows that Scousers are Bin Dippers
    I wonder what planet I inhabit sometimes. I'd honestly never come across either expression before. It all makes sense now.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

thecorner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    Macy posted that above

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    Things have a way of evening out.

Liverpool fans were justifiably upset about a bad decision against them at the weekend, but surely must have been happy to see potential challengers to that 4th/5th position, Spurs, robbed of the three points last night.
    Why?

Our fans wanted Spurs to win last night, but we thought they'd get their traditional 4-0 hammering like they usually do there. They'll have plenty of chances to drop 3 points between now and the rest of the season, starting with their next league game against Chelsea. And as everyone knows, Spurs NEVER beat Chelsea.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Had enough of talking about this incident, as I can list off several times United should've had goals in similar circumstances, so I'll leave this thread with a quote from Robinson....

"But I have to say I thought the tackle on Rio was inside the area, so if the referee thought it was a foul we were lucky to get away with the free-kick.
    It just shows these things can work both ways, although you have to say the incident at our end was not as clear-cut as the one at theirs. We really should have scored."