Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: To Make 2005 a good one.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

To Make 2005 a good one.

I know this has probablly been posted before, but this should be our expectations (minimum) for 2005

Munster Cup. who gives a hoot but at the end of the day would be dissapointed if we did not win the damm thing.

Leauge Cup. Its important to beat ramblers, and if you get to the final it can be good for the gate recipts, but with the setanta cup this is hardly a priority

Setanta Cup. Important to get to the final. Should stuff Irish leauge clubs our teams have progressed in the last two years enough to do so. I think we will win this.

Fai Cup. No joy here in a while. So would be happy witha semi final or final place at worst if we won the leauge.

Uefa Cup . Must get past first qualifing round. Should get through second anything extra is a bonus.

Eircom Leauge. We Must win this its that simple, anything below second would be a total disaster.
    First Division Champions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i wont be too demanding and say i'll be happy with the league and a decent run in europe
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Probably the most optimistic and unrealistic expectations EVER!

Muster cup and league cup should be reserve team.

League is priority - to run shels close is my hope (can't see us winning unless Dolan finds some amaxing players in England).

FAI and Setanta Cups should be treated like league games. If we progress, great, if not oh well.

UEFA is a total lottery. Who knows where we will end up.
    The glass isn't half full or half empty it's just too damn big!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Munster and League Cups should be reserve teams with no exceptions. They both mean nothing at the end of the day.

FAI Cup: It would be nice to win it but it should be fourth in our list of priorities as there is far more money and glory on offer with the UEFA and Setanta.

Setanta Cup: I'd like to win this and I think it will be between ourselves and Shels. The money on offer here is huge.

UEFA Cup: I'd expect to get through at least one round (maybe two depending on the opposition).

League: This is the priority. A top two finish again next year will satisfy the majority of City fans. We came very close last time so hopefully we might pip Shels at the finish this time but expecting to win it is silly as it only puts unfair pressure on Dolan and the players. I think we are good enough to do it though.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    A top two finish again next year will satisfy the majority of City fans.
    Cant agree with you there. this is a huge year for the club. Dolan was given three Years to win the title and 2005 has to be the year

we should demand no less

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

.................................................. ....

I think a first place finish would be ideal ... but a hard task this year, being realistic. Thee is so much going on next year ... it is not funny and i cant ever see the fixtures falling in our favour. Setanta cup i'd value very highly this year .... it is important that we do well in this i think.

Just as long as we are progressing again i dont really mind but i'd like to hear the club/player commiting thermselves to win the league and giving a proper go at it this year, we lost some stupid games last year and ended up making shels look good. That cant happen this year.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Munster Cup. we kind of expect to win it, but its not that significant. See how the reserves get on
    Leauge Cup. Would be nice to win it- good prize money and a trophy would be nice. But not a priority.
    Setanta Cup. Not really bothered about this once we don't embarass ourselves (can't see that happening) Same as League Cup though, a trophy would be nice.

Fai Cup. Same as the other two cups. it would be nice to win it, but not a priority

Uefa Cup: Once we perform well and get through at least one round I'd be happy. Reaching the groups would be brilliant, but the league is more important.

League: we have to be challenging right throughout the season. Anything less than top 2 would a failure, but beating shels will be very hard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Well surely something has to happen in year four of Lennox's four year plan
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What I would like to see for the coming season:

Munster and League Cup - reserves, u-21s/u-18s/u-17s only in these competitions

FAI Cup - we should try to win it, but only if it does not interfere with the league (i.e if we had a cup game/replay and a league game a few days later, concentrate on the league game)

UEFA Cup - Win at least one game, get through at least one round, try not to lose a game, or lose one game only.

Main targets for the year:

Setanta Cup - make a serious effort to win this - the money/prestige is good, it's at a time of the year when it won't interfere with the league, and will involve playing physical teams with differring tactics, something which will stand to us against $hels/Bohs.

League - NUMBER 1 PRIORITY. If we don't win it, it won't be a disaster as long as we are in the running all season long. Be in the top two from the first week to the last week. If we don't win it, we need to be 3 points or less away from first.
    Certain targets should be set out for the players - 9 points from Bray, 4 points from $hels, 7 points from UCD etc.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree there with you patsh in every thing you said.

I think the setanta cup will be a nice thing to win that is if we get a good run in it.
    Let's get it going for this year the away support.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Looking at the prize money for the Setanta Cup, I think City and Dolan must make this the prime target for Dolan's first major trophy. This is more money than the Euro run, league and Fair Play award put together.

If this competition takes off, it will be the main competition most clubs will want to win, even more than the legaue because of the prizemoney.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    My major hope is that people will stop trying to create this so called 'anti Lennox' thing. To hear some people talk, you would sweat that Lennox is trying to run the club into the ground.

People have short memories.

As for the Setanta, that sure is massive money. Lets just hope Shels dont get their grubby paws on it.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    My major hope is that people will stop trying to create this so called 'anti Lennox' thing. To hear some people talk, you would sweat that Lennox is trying to run the club into the ground.
    I think most City fans are fully behind Lennox and know that he's doing a great job for City.
    I wouldn't be taking any notice of a few clueless muppets who obviously don't know what they're talking about.
    Champions!