Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shels in Europe vs Cork City in Europe

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He cant help typing ****. Thats the way they speak round here!

And as for not knowing about Malmo, thats no surprise either. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa terford people dont tend to know much about the outside world.

Signed: Eoin, A Waterford resident

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eoinh
    He cant help typing ****. Thats the way they speak round here!

And as for not knowing about Malmo, thats no surprise either. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa terford people dont tend to know much about the outside world.

Signed: Eoin, A Waterford resident
    blah!, blah!, fcuking blah.

I heard it all, sheepshaggers, Ratnolds, part time village team, Waaaahhherfurd, annual relegation battle, making shapes, the posturing, etc. and anytime I engage in a bit of slagging ye boys run for the nearest moral high ground and cry foul.

God Almighty, has there anything ever written that hasnt outraged you lot.

Get over it ladies.
    Last edited by Partizan; 05/01/2005 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed resident
    sheepshaggers is true. part time village team is true. reynolds is a rat. annual relegation battle isnt far off the mark. please expalin what the **** making shapes and the posturing are supposed to mean you ignorant waterford idiot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    With all the money at Dolan's disposal
    What money is that Partizan??
    Champions!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I knew I was a lady and not just a woman.

Herself will be surprised when she comes home tonight, comrade Zhihkov

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    What money is that Partizan??
    no point asking him. he always makes allegations about city having billions at our disposal, yet he seems to be the only one who knows anything about it

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking Partizans Hallucinations

Partizan you are a sheep dip pilot of the highest rank. Malmö were in mid- season when they met CCFC. They went on to win the Swedish League and had five Swedish senior capped players playing in Malmö against City when we beat them Patrik Andersson, Matias Asper, Niklas Skoog, Daniel Majostorovich and Tobias Grahn. The All Svenskan begins in the first week of April and ends at the end of October. It is in fact the model adopted wisely enough for once in their lives by the´Eircom League i.e. the competition where the other teams play football or try, and your players kick them because they've been told to do so by a knucklehead masquerading as a football manager. Now have you any more illusions in your head masquerading as facts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DE TOWN
    When was the last time Waterford were in Europe for 2 seasons in a row

Then again, when was the last time Waterford were in Europe at all

didnt they play derry last season
    badddum dum

*i'll get my coat*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    didnt they play derry last season
    badddum dum

*i'll get my coat*
    Dont get your coat James, that was quality

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    sobering thoughts for our Ca'wkie and Bogford friends. The loss to Vaduz was a disgrace as well as an embarassment to us all of which there can be no excuses.

Ca'wk as you said reached the 3rd qualifying round of a pre-qualifying tournament and caught the likes of Malmo and NEC during their off season. Impressive run as it was, it did nothing for our coefficient, so hopefully Fat and the lads can get a good run going in the UEFA Cup. With all the money at Dolan's disposal, he want to show something for it and not the usual foray into the Munster Eggholding Cup.

REply to our Bogger friends:

We have actually won European games and whats more we have progressed past the qualifying rounds anytime and acquited ourselves quite well while we were in Europe.

Just dont lose to the likes of Vaduz again, I got slagging off the bar-stoolers over that one.
    partizan i know the result was a disgrace and all that butboth teams when they were playine each other had never won an european game at all! so strictlyspeaking we did not disgrace ourselves at all vaduz are a fully professional outfit we are not! end of story!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTINHO II
    strictlyspeaking we did not disgrace ourselves at all vaduz are a fully professional outfit we are not! end of story!
    If you are not a fully professional outfit, what are you? A club of journeymen players near the end of their careers?

Let me remind you who you played against. You were the cup winners in your own country, in season, against a group of part-timers, out-of-season who play in the second division of a foreign league! They can't be Brazil. In European club comps, every club wants to be drawn against Vaduz, as they are UEFA-speak for "easy draw". However you like to dress it up, you have no excuses for losing to Vaduz twice. Results like that drag our league's name deeper into the gutter. Thankfully, Shels, and Cork's European results largely covered up your disaster against Vaduz.

Despite the fact that Rovers didn't play in Europe last season, our team is the same set-up as yours, i.e. semi-professional, We struggle to field a team, are financially sunk, yet we still managed to beat the then 5th-best team in Poland twice in Europe, and would probably beat Vaduz like most other clubs, in our sleep. That's the comparison.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost
    If you are not a fully professional outfit, what are you? A club of journeymen players near the end of their careers?

Let me remind you who you played against. You were the cup winners in your own country, in season, against a group of part-timers, out-of-season who play in the second division of a foreign league! They can't be Brazil. In European club comps, every club wants to be drawn against Vaduz, as they are UEFA-speak for "easy draw". However you like to dress it up, you have no excuses for losing to Vaduz twice. Results like that drag our league's name deeper into the gutter. Thankfully, Shels, and Cork's European results largely covered up your disaster against Vaduz.

Despite the fact that Rovers didn't play in Europe last season, our team is the same set-up as yours, i.e. semi-professional, We struggle to field a team, are financially sunk, yet we still managed to beat the then 5th-best team in Poland twice in Europe, and would probably beat Vaduz like most other clubs, in our sleep. That's the comparison.
    Were you at either of the matches? I highly doubt it and if you had gone to 1 of them, you would have seen that Vaduz could actually play a bit. Rovers beat them in their slepp Rovers wouldnt win an arguement at the moment Just because they had never won a match in Europe before, doesnt mean they are a bad team.

Remember a few months ago, Liechtenstein drew 2-2 with the 2nd best team in Europe, Portugal. 6 or 7 of the Vaduz team were in that Liechtenstein team. There not as bad as you think

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I really dont want to start this again but Vaduz were a fully full time outfit with players from 11 different countries, a budget of €2.5m, without question a better side than Shamrock Rovers. It was a bad result for us but get over it, see if we don't improve next time out
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If you lot are trying to make excuses at least get you're stories somewhat similar.. While DE Town says that all the Vaduz team are Liechtenstein internationals (OH, Wow)

Quote Originally Posted by DE TOWN

Remember a few months ago, Liechtenstein drew 2-2 with the 2nd best team in Europe, Portugal. 6 or 7 of the Vaduz team were in that Liechtenstein team. There not as bad as you think

we get a different story from another longford supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian
    really dont want to start this again but Vaduz were a fully full time outfit with players from 11 different countries

Are they the greatest collection of players available from vaduz the teeming metroplois or are they the greatest collection of imports ever seen in Vadz bus station?

Who knows, you decide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eoinh
    If you lot are trying to make excuses at least get you're stories somewhat similar.. While DE Town says that all the Vaduz team are Liechtenstein internationals (OH, Wow)
    we get a different story from another longford supporter
    Are they the greatest collection of players available from vaduz the teeming metroplois or are they the greatest collection of imports ever seen in Vadz bus station?
    Who knows, you decide!
    I never said that the whole Vaduz team were internationals. Read my last post, it says 6 or 7 of the Vaduz team played against Portugal.

What Longfordian is saying is that there was 11 different nationalities in the Vaduz Squad.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    It's quite simple if you take your time ..I said im not getting into this again and im not, so end of subject as far as im concerned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Their European record speaks for itself more than some one off result between two international sides. It was a poor result but in fairness, there's probably been worse in the league (Hibs of Bleedin' Malta, how are ya) and some people have over reacted somewhat but there's no way Longford should be trying to justify the defeat, it was the dream draw, their record in Europe shows that, and you'll more than likely face a better team this time around.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Okay last comment, I promise ..I felt they had the European experience we didn't have, they were technically very good, alot of their players had played international football and (relatively) not disgraced themselves, I wouldn't call losing 2-0 and 3-0 to England (6 or 7 players involved were from Vaduz) disgracing themselves so is it not slightly understandable that they could, on their day be a decent enough team,certainly one good enough to compete at EL level? If we'd lost to Shamrock Rovers, just an example, would it be that much of a shock? We were in poor from going into it and hopefully we can do better this year, we're likely to be seded again this year and they were the toughest unseeded team we could have met, rankings wise, why aren't Bohs getting half as much stick, considering they were full timers? Anyhow as promised before that's all I've got left to say on the matter..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Well said Longfordian

They were not as bad as some of ye think.

Thats all I have to say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian
    why aren't Bohs getting half as much stick,
    Because no Bohs fan denies it was a horrible result. I think the main reason behind the arguments here is the Longford fans trying to claim it wasn't a bad result. It was, maybe not as bad as made out but it was bad. International results show nothing in all fairness, there's so many freak results there and the Portugal game was one of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast